Albino's List of fail - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Albino's List of fail

So I recently played this list in a basement game with a close compadre of mine. A lot of dice rolls later, i was in the mire sucking mud while he was off with the victory cup with the nascar babes in the background. And so, fellow wwaagghers, i present said list to you, for your ciritque.

HQ- Big mek w/KFF + burna

Elites

6 nobz 1 painboy 2 big choppas 1 powerklaw + cyborks + waggh banner
    250 pts

6 nobz 1 painboy 2 big choppas 1 powerklaw + cyborks + waggh banner
    250 pts

6 kommandos 1 nob w/pk- 100pts

Troops

30 boyz- 220 pts
    + trukk w/grott riggers 40pts
    30 boyz- 220 pts
    +trukk w/grot riggers 40pts

Fast Attack-

3 deffkopta’s w/ rokkit launchas 1 big bomb 1 buzzsaw pts 175

Heavy Support

3 kannons+2 krew-66 pts

1 boomwagon, 1 big shoot-110 pts

1500pts

What i ended up seeing was a lack luster nob performance, with one seven man squad fleeing and the other getting decimated by Berserkers.
    The Boomwagon was admirable, though the kannons need fine tuning. And my poor poor boy's. Both mobs were charged by a demon prince, whom both preceded to slaughter said mobs for the next 4 turns . Any advice?

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm?

Units of 13 boyz or more can't take trukks. It's under the listing of boyz, something to the effect of: units of 12 boyz or less may take a trukk. Also, boyz need nobz, powerklaws and bosspoles in order to be effective. Make sure to give all 3 to every unit of slugga/shoota boyz in your list.

I assume the trukks are for the nobz? They can take the trukks directly, as dedicated transports, and they should. Never, ever run units of nobz on foot. They will die long before you reach close combat, especially since they make such a tempting target.

Where are the bosspoles? Never use nobz without bosspoles. With only a leadership of 7, they'll be running long before they do anything for you. Statistically, they raise the unit's leadership by 2, for next to no cost at all.

The kommandos need a bosspole too, and also some special guns, preferrably burnas. That's really the main reason people use them. It's an easy way to sneak special guns behind enemy lines. Snikkrot's also very good, although I'd use him in a unit fof 9 or more.

I always use at least 5 deffkoptas, and I always outflank with them. If all you have is 3, then that's okay, but I wouldn't give them any other options, and I'd always outflank with them. Either rokkits or big shootas are fine.

Those are the only problems I see. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pain boy

lose the pain boy!!!!! don't do much good!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore that last post...painboys are a must in every nob mob as they allow FNP AND those cybork bodies!

In addition to everything grax mentioned, I have a few more suggestions. I generally run nobz mobz with 2 PKs, and find this to be essential against marines and the like. Also, and some people disagree with me on this, but 'eavy armor can be a life saver for nobz. It's essentially an additional 4+ save in CC unless the opponent has power weapons. This will keep your nobz fighting against those zerks a lot longer!

Deffinitely buff that kommando mob to at least 9 members and throw 2 burnas in with them! I'd strongly consider Snikrot also.

Well, that's all I've got. For sure follow everything grax said, all of that is essential. My remarks where really more for fine tuning to smashing MEQs!

Good luck!
    -Vannis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

thanks fella's, i'll remember those bosspoles. Trying to trim stuff down a bit. The trukks were indeed for the nobz, didn't know they could take em direct.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

+ Reply to Thread