Projected 1500 Point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Projected 1500 Point Army

This is a list I'm looking at building towards. I regularly play 'nids and Orks with the odd Space Marine battle. Thoughts would be appreciated.

HQ:

Autarch Iridel - Admiral of a Biel-Tan allied Corsair Fleet
    Mandiblasters, Fusion Gun

Farseer M'oka - Doomseer of Biel-tan

Troops:
    10 Dire Avengers with Exarch and Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones and TL EML

5 Pathfinders

Elites:
    6 Fire Dragons
    Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Catapult and Spirit Stones

5 Howling Banshees with Exarch and Mirrorswords
    Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones and TL Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack:
    2 x Vyper

Heavy Support:
    Fire Prism with Holofields and Spirit Stones

5 Dark Reapers

I'm likely to put the Autarch with the Banshees but I haven't settled on his kit yet. The Farseer has Doom and will be deployed with one of the Dire Avenger Squads.

Overall tactics: Saturate the field with tanks in order to force the enemy to priortise anti-armour shots while using my fire base to flatten threats to my Wave Serpents. The Vypers are deployed as 2 fast attacks and will swing out to deliver Starcannon shots into large mobs of Boyz and Gaunts. Dire Avengers will use bladestorm to soften up Boyz and Gaunt squads before charging.

Last edited by Boff; June 21st, 2009 at 21:29.
    Eldar: W:11 D:8 L:3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Boff View Post
    This is a list I'm looking at building towards. I regularly play 'nids and Orks with the odd Space Marine battle. Thoughts would be appreciated.

HQ:

Autarch Iridel - Admiral of a Biel-Tan allied Corsair Fleet

Farseer M'oka - Doomseer of Biel-tan

Troops:
    5 Dire Avengers with Exarch and Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones

5 Dire Avengers with Exarch and Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones

Elites:
    Fire Dragons with Exarch and Flamer
    Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Catapult and Spirit Stones

Howling Banshees with Acrobatic Exarch and Mirrorswords
    Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones and TL Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack:
    2 x Vyper with Starcannon and Spirit Stones

Heavy Support:
    Fire Prism with Holofields, Spirit Stones and a Shuriken Cannon

4 Dark Reapers with an Exarch and Crack Shot

I'm likely to put the Autarch with the Banshees but I haven't settled on his kit yet. The Farseer has Doom and will be deployed with one of the Dire Avenger Squads.

Overall tactics: Saturate the field with tanks in order to force the enemy to priortise anti-armour shots while using my fire base to flatten threats to my Wave Serpents. The Vypers are deployed as 2 fast attacks and will swing out to deliver Starcannon shots into large mobs of Boyz and Gaunts. Dire Avengers will use bladestorm to soften up Boyz and Gaunt squads before charging.
    HQ.

I know you havent got this list but, how are you going to arm the autarch? If he is with the banshees, i suggest mandiblasters, fusion gun, and chain sword. However, I have much better luck putting a doomseer with banshees becuase of the low str, you will get very frustrated when banshees and their str 3. I always like to field 2 CC elites, putting doomseer with banshees and a autarch with SS. And if he is with SS i give him a power weapon and fusion gun.

Troops: squads of 5 arent bad, but not really that good either. I suggest dropping so0mething in order to beef them up to 10 strong. Also DA arnt that good in CC without an exarch with CC weapon. Its the exarch that makes them strong in CC, otherwise u can plan to lose in CC against gaunts (usually) and orks. Also what weapon are you giving the wave serpeants?

Also, only 2 dquads of 5 will have trouble holding objectives. Big problems.

Elites:

How many for each squad?

FD- if you are going to use an exarch, giv e him the firepike, if you use him, he usually doesnt ever need any exarch powers. his pike can do the dam thing already.

Banshees- at 1500 you should have no issues getting to 10 strong. if ur playing orks, take executioner, if ur playing nids, mirrors sword prolly be fine, although i dont usually use them to take down the normal troops, warriors n such. i alwasy take executioner.

Fast Attack-
    Try not to beef up vypers, i usually only give them shuriken canons, or scatter lasers. 2 shuriken cannons do fine.

HS-
    no shuriken cannons on fireprisms.
    what launcher is the reaper exarch having?
    Last edited by ericismyname; June 21st, 2009 at 21:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Eeek, is that really a 1500pt list, it looks small even for an eldar force. EDIT: OK just noticed the reapers, thats where all the pts went... I think you're probably going to have to choose between Banshees and the reapers, having both is going to leave you seriously short on troop units which are essential in 5th. Try and get another unit of 10 avengers in because they not only rock, but they can also capture.

Firstly, you NEED more than 2 troop choices at 1500, I take at least 3 preferably 4 as they are the only units which can capture objectives. Also your banshee unit is very small and exarchless, that needs fixing.

For the Fire Dragons I've never understood the point in the dragon's breath flamer, if they're for tank hunting (which is about the only thing they can do well unless your enemy's army is entirely composed of terminators) then a firepike is far far better, plus the tank hunter skill really is the icing on the cake.

I would also look at some decent weaponry for your Serpents, taking shuriken cannons makes it look like you're desperately trying to save points. I would suggest at least one of them take a Brightlance, preferably both, they're expensive but you need more anti-tank than just the fire dragons.

You can save a few points on the fire prism, I've used a pair for a few games now and I'm convinced the best way to field them is with no add ons whatsoever. Spirit stones might look good in theory but if a prism can't shoot its existance is irrelevant anyway so it matters little whether it can move or not. By the same token holofields are expensive and unecessary, plough the pts back into getting a second fire prism if you can scrounge enough pts, two is way way better than one for the depth of tactical options combining the beams brings you.

Stuff you don't need, one of the Vypers would be easy to drop, and I would definitely downgrade the starcannon on the remaining one, its totally overrated and drastically over-priced, never a good combo. The best weapons for vypers is either a scatter laser for more shots, or my personal favourite the Eldar Missile Launcher (depends on your opponent of course).
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; June 22nd, 2009 at 00:14.

+ Reply to Thread