Ninja Tau for 'Ard Boyz (2500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Ninja Tau for 'Ard Boyz (2500)

HQs (362):
    Relay'O (PosRel, Shields, MP, Iridium Armor, Stims, BK, HWDC w/2xShield) 187
    Shadowsun 175

Elites (321):
    2x Torch Crisis ('Vre w/ TLF, AFP, HWMT)(TLF, BSF) 100
    2x Deathrain (TLMP, TA) 106
    3x Stealth (TL, HWDC w/ 2x Gun) 115

Troops (592):
    10x Fire Warrior ('Ui, BK) 115
    -Devilfish (DP) 85
    -Devilfish (DP) 85
    -Devilfish (DP) 85
    20x Kroot, 1x Hound 146
    20x Kroot, 1x Hound 146

Fast Attack (457):
    6x Pathfinders 72
    -Devilfish (DP) 85
    2x Piranha (DP, Fusion) 150
    2x Piranha (DP, Fusion) 150

Heavy Support (565):
    2x Broadside (BASS, Leader, HWDC w/2x Shield, BK) 200
    2x Broadside (BASS, Leader, HWDC w/2x Shield, BK) 200
    Railhead (BC, MT, DP) 165

Total: 2498

The other list I have here has been getting run over way too much, so I find myself breaking down and planning out a Relay list. I attempt to go second normally and deploy the Relay'O wherever he will be hardest to get to, with the Pathfinders and their Devilfish spaced as far apart from him as possible where they will hopefully draw fire (though both are useful, neither is critical to me. MAYBE deploy one of the Kroot squads as a sacrifice if needed to stop Scout Turbos or Drop Pods from getting too close to my Relay'O.

EVERYTHING else starts in reserve, waiting for a relay call. Any Kroot not in my initial deployment will Outflank, as will the Stealth team. The Crisis teams and Shadowsun will likely DS in, but the walk-on option remains if appropriate. Fire Warriors start mounted.

First call-in will likely be Shadowsun or one of my BASS teams, as each can reliably take down a major threat and they both take a lot of killing to get rid of. I delay as long as possible, then blitz everything else in on top of objectives (Tank Shocking troops out of the way with Devilfish, assaulting into objectives with Kroot, contesting with everything else).

This list is my initial version, there WILL be changes to it.

Last edited by PsyBomb; June 24th, 2009 at 19:40.
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Just a quick reply for this one.

That is a MEGA expensive HQ section. 362 pts for two models......think of all the stuff you could do by dropping that to two Shas'Els at around 100 pts each.

That's 162 pts left over!!!!!!!

Food for thought

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Yes, it's expensive, but keep in mind three points:

1) That's 7 models, not 2. There are 2 Shield Drones on the Relay'O, and that plus the Command Uplink on Shadowsun.

2) Shadowsun, though expensive, is actually quite cheap for what she does and how hard she is to kill while doing it.

3) The Relay'O absolutely MUST stay alive to turn 2 at least, turn 4 preferably. If this doesn't happen then the Relay tactic goes out the window as units I do NOT want on the table come on way earlier than they can survive at. He originally had a bodyguard as well, had to take it off for points reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Nah mate, I think the high points limit has gone to your head a little

For such a huge army you only have 6 markerlights 6

That is definitely not going to cut it, especially with all those Kroot and FW's.

Take some more moderate HQ's, pick up some more markerlights (take markerdrones on the stealth instead of GD's), split one of the kroot squads in two and max out on hounds....1 won't do anything. Also throw some HWTL's on your 2xBASS teams. That way you can target 4 big baddies if you need to, or throw them all at one (Monolith anybody)

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

The pathfinders are bait, taken at minimum size so that I can have their devilfish on the table to direct Deep Strikes and to divert fire from my Relay'O. Anyone firing at them is making a grave mistake, and their typical status as high-priority targets is going to greatly amplify this effect. The army is intended to operate without them and I don't expect them to get to use their lights. If they do, great. If not, no biggie.

I will likely change the Kroot squads to 10 Kroot and 4 hounds each (that's off the top of my head, though, could change). The HWTLs I'll agree with, and if I do the Kroot thing it'll pry loose those 10 points.

As for the one current hound, it is doing something quite valuable. It turned a 20-model unit into a 21-model unit on the cheap, forcing an additional casualty before they have to test Leadership and an additional one before they break. Everyone wonders about the one hound, though, so I'm not surprised

Like I said, the entire point of Relay lists is that the commander MUST live to direct reserves. I don't really have a choice on him other than possibly dropping the Shield Generator and praying that no power weapons get into melee with him. MAYBE drop him to an 'El, but with the amount of incoming fire that extra wound could mean the difference between a win and a loss. I'll have to test that before I do anything.

And trust me, I know JUST how restrictive 2500 can be. My original list for my previous army list nearly hit 3k before I realized what I was doing, and fixing that taught me a lot about building large armies.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; June 24th, 2009 at 21:10.

+ Reply to Thread