New to Eldar - 1500 pt Ulthwé Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member greatomnipotentdicta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Eldar - 1500 pt Ulthwé Army List

Here it is, my first go at an Eldar army. I decided to go with an Ulthwé themed army because I liked the fluff. Opponents could be any army. I haven't bought anything (apart for the codex), I'm just tossing ideas around before wasting money. So:

HQ:
    Farseer:130
    -Doom
    -Fortune
    -Spirit Stone

Elites:
    5 Fire Dragons: 190
    -Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -T-L Shuriken Cannon

10 Harlequins: 250
    -All with Harlequin's Kiss
    -Shadowseer

Troops:
    10 Guardians: 95
    -Scatter Laster

10 Guardians: 100
    -Eldar Missile Launcher

10 Storm Guardians: 250
    -2 Flamers
    -Warlock
    -Enhance
    -Singing Spear
    -Wave Serpent
    -T-L Shuriken Cannon
    -Spirit Stones

7 Dire Avengers: 184
    -Wave Serpent
    -T-L Shuriken Cannon

Heavy Support:
    Fire Prism: 150
    -Holofield

Fire Prism: 150
    -Holofield

Total: 1499 pts

I'm open to any comments, just stick generally to an Ulthwé army (more Psykers/Guardians, less Aspect Warriors).

Last edited by greatomnipotentdicta; June 27th, 2009 at 11:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I'd drop the holofields on the fire prisms, they're alright on a transporting falcon or wave serpent in combo with spirit stones but not on a fire prism.

You've also gone a little crazy on the harlequins 8 would be more than enough IMHO.

As for what you need, I would give both of the guardian squads a concealing warlock.

Reapers are also seem quite ulthwe themed in my head for some reason, but I don't think you have the pts to fit them in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

A couple of things to thing about. First is to get destructor for the storm squad the heavy flamer is often going to do more than the enhanced storms. Grabbing a warlock for the defender squad could help alot also, embolden if you think you can keep them in cover otherwise go for conceal (a few more models could be something to look at ). Also upgrading some of the waveserpent weapons to Eml to help with AT. Now where to get points, for some of these ideas. Dropping holofields is an option as is lowering the number of harlies, I would look to drop the holofields first though, I've have some bad experiences with harlies rolling poorly in small units. Lastly if your not going to have the exarch in the DA squad you might be better served by another storm squad with flamers.

+ Reply to Thread