A new kind of cheese? (1500 point list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

A new kind of cheese? (1500 point list)

Ahoy, I think I may have discovered a new flavor of eldar cheese! Please let me know what you think!

HQ

Farseer - Guide

Farseer - Guide

Elites

5 Fire Dragons - Exarch with firepike, crack shot
    Waveserpent - TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

5 Fire Dragons - Exarch with firepike, crack shot
    Waveserpent - TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

Troops

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

Fast Attack

2 Vypers - Scatter Lasers

2 Vypers - Scatter Lasers

2 Vypers - Shuriken Cannons

Heavy Support

Falcon - EML, Holofields

Falcon - EML, Holofields

3 Warwalkers - 2x Shuriken Cannons

The strat would be to keep the two falcons at the back (for the beginning anyways) to blast away at light tanks (rhinos, etc) with farseers guiding, holding my back objective at the same time. The serpents with dragons would obviously go flat out to the nearest tank, and having the exarch with crack shot pretty much makes sure that tank is going to get hurt. In the later stages of the battle (assuming they're still alive and mounted up) the farseer could go and guide the war walkers or vypers if all of the heavy targets are down.

The list would function on manuverability keeping it away from the enemy, and would trade the high power explosive offense (ie Bladestorming DAs) for a more gradual, wearing down of the enemy from high strength shots. Also there are 13 vehicles (albiet most with AV10 ), so that might be a little much for some lists to handle.

As I do not own most of the models in this list (warwalkers, vypers, falcon, farseer) please feel free to tear it down and build it back up again if you think it would make it better. Or just tear it down if thats what you're in to

Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Just a thought drop the farseer for eldrad, would probably have to drop a vyper group but would give you 3 guides a round. Also you could drop the dragon exarchs to save some points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Hmm, I think having 2 guides in different spots is better, what with the 6" range. Getting 3 squads within 6" of eachother probably isn't the best idea...

And I think the dragon exarch is a good deal, with crack shot and the firepike its a good chance of tank destroyed within 9" no matter is the other tank is in cover or popped smoke. Plus he hits on a 2!
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Ain't no cheese in there, idea smart, old and tested.

Single Farseer is more than enough and he'll only be needed as war Walker Support.

For points from the other one boost your War Walkers. They need Scatters.

Firepike on Dragons is nigh a cool crap. Drop it. Then we have an Exarch with melta and Crack Shot. He's ok, but for mea bit too expensive. I'd really go for naked Dragons or Dragons with Flamer & Crack Shot.

Two Vypers should have Scatters, it's 10 points mroe being the difference between using 60 and wasting 50. You need those 12" range.

In this very special army I highly recommend using weak in my opinion Starcannons, for your anti-terminator/anti-FnP firepower does not exist... not to comment your combat abilities.

And besides, I really think it's kind of draw army with 10 guys being all your troops. I know it's easy to contest their objectives with Vypers, but those Avengers are not resilent enough, even protected by Holo-Field. And if I were you I'd consider dropping something more for more Avengers to sit in Dragon's Serpent while Dragons woul be riding Falcons. If you just got those few more soldiers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Over all he might consider dropping the Falcons for cheaper Waveserpents running Brightlances. Using any extra points to bump the DA numbers.

Also drop a farseer to get Scatter lasers on the War Walkers and the last group of Vypers. This would work with Bright Lanced Wave Serpents since they are already twin-linked.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

+ Reply to Thread