Tooled yet again! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Tooled yet again!

Ok, i'm getting wasted left and right now. Although my last 2 opponent's lists were tougher (and a bit of a jerk opponent), but just wondering what you think.

Deceiver
    Lord+Res orb
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    5 Destroyers
    4 Destroyers
    8 Immortals
    2 Spyders
    1 Monolith
    1999 pts

This list is newer, as I just got the deceiver. Dark eldar HANDED me a major whoopin...as in PHASED OUT by top of turn 4 and had only destroyed BARELY any of this stuff!!! He had some deal that reduced my shooting on his vehicles by 6"...MAJOR OUCH, enough dark lances and plasma to WASTE my 9 destroyers by turn 3, was a slaughter...

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one small thing with this list, i'd run the destroyers in 3 squads of 3.

against an army like DE (super mobile), i'd drop the C'tan & spyders (never gonna make it) for another mono, more immortals & veil the lord. then DS the monos, near the spread out on the long centreline, this should cut out his options & veil/portal the warriors & immortals close to the raiders to neutralise the night shields.

hope this helps, what was the other armies?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

In the game they were 3x3 squads. I changed them afterwards. Mainly the destroyers died horribly to only having 30" range and he had a TON of dark lances and plasma...dropped ALL of them early, and I had no range except to get dangerously close to assault range.

It was also dawn of war deployment, so his FAST army swooped in while mine got shot up first.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; July 2nd, 2009 at 18:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I can see is that you have 645 points of non Necrons, and only 3 units of warriors. You've got 48 Necrons, and that seems kinda low for a 2000 point game. Other than that, and rolling a DoW always sucks, you just got out manouvered. After a certain point it's not about the army, it's about the tactics, and I'd guess that you've reached that point.

Other than padding the PO limit, and maybe DSing some 'Liths or Infiltrating Flayed Ones to negate the range problem, I can't see much that could be improved on in the list itself. (I've never played Dark Eldar though, so I don't really know what I'm talking about)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Yeah I had the same question. I was hoping to keep my warriors back and out of danger (protected by the deceiver and the Spyders). 48 Necrons, PO at 11 models, means he has to kill 37 of them. The problem was he SWEPT 2 squads of 10 (which meant 21 models with the lord in 2 turns).

It was just brutal, my destroyers haven't ever been blocked so bad before.

I've been tempted to lose the spyders in place of more warriors. Possibly get 4 squads of 10, and maybe lose an immortal or 2 to fit it. Or RAISE the immortals to 10 and gain a destroyer in place of the spyders, something...I dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only have I not played against D. Eldar before, but I haven't run a 2000 pt yet either.
    From what I've seen elsewhere on this site though, I'd say another unit of 10 warriors for sure, maybe drop the C'tan for another Lord? Not sure, this is where my lack of 2000 games (haven't tried a C'tan yet either ) is a problem. In principle, if you're worried about melee (and I always like them for the WBB help) Spyders are worth it.

My best guess, and first quick attempt would be something like

Destroyer Lord+Res orb
    Lord+Res orb
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    4 Destroyers
    4 Destroyers
    8 Immortals
    2 Spyders
    1 Monolith
    1999 pts
    61 Models
    58 Necrons
    Phase Out at 14
    They must kill 44

It's close to the original (which is why I picked it) but for a bigger change, could pick up wraiths and a more tooled out WraithLord, or drop a spyder or couple immortals to get the 3x3 destroyers
    But again, you have more experiance fighting 2000s, or dark eldar that me (never done either) so this might not work at all
    Last edited by Adalias; July 2nd, 2009 at 22:18. Reason: PO numbers

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I've played against DE twice, and they are nothing to sneeze at in cc. AVOID CC WITH HIM!!! His archon+retinue will tear even your Deceiver/Nightbringer apart! With combat drugs, he can potentially assault 12", get 6 attacks with re-rolls to hit, and wound anything on 4+. Combine his lord with an upgraded wyche squad (blasters, agonizer, combat drugs) and he easily took down my 5W T7 2+ carnifexes (though my carnie didn't have a 4+ inv save).

Your top priority is to take down his transports. If you can make him footslog against your shooting, you have a chance. Otherwise, you don't. Always take warscythes with your lord. You'll need it to penetrate his lord's 2+ inv save (shadow field). Also give him a phase shifter as DE has tons of power attacks.

DON'T deepstrike you mono's. A lot of times, they don't arrive until turns 3, 4 or 5. By that time it is already too late. Besides, his army is so fast that he can easily avoid them.

Give your destroyers as much cover as possible. Also, it's a good idead to keep them within orb range.

Be careful of his charge range. He has a 21"-26" charge range if mounted in his transport (possibly more if he uses combat drugs to give him a 12" charge).

That said, this is probably what I would bring against DE:

Lord - Res orb, phase shifter, warscythe - 180
    Lord - Res orb, phase shifter, warscythe - 180
    10 Warriors - 180
    10 Warriors - 180
    10 Warriors - 180
    10 Warriors - 180
    3 Destroyers - 150
    3 Destroyers - 150
    3 Destroyers - 150
    Mono - 235
    Mono - 235