2500pts competitive noob list - 'Ard Boyz worthy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

2500pts competitive noob list - 'Ard Boyz worthy?

Hi, I don't currently play orks, but I'm considering getting another army. Orks look like a very competitive and fun army to play. I'd like to build an army thats a competitive, tournament-caliber list. C&C welcomed.

LIST #1

HQ - 270
    Warboss - Cybork body, Power Klaw, Warbike - 135
    Warboss - Cybork body, Power Klaw, Warbike - 135

ELITE - 345
    12x Lootas - 180
    11x Lootas - 165

TROOP - 1885

9x Nobz - 1x Painboy, 1x Ammo runt, 4x Big Choppas, 2x Bosspoles, 7x Cybork bodies, 3x Power Klaws, 9x Stikkbombz, Banner, 9x Warbikes (all equipped differently) - 602

9x Nobz - 1x Painboy, 1x Ammo runt, 4x Big Choppas, 2x Bosspoles, 7x Cybork bodies, 3x Power Klaws, 9x Stikkbombz, Banner, 9x Warbikes (all equipped differently) - 602

11x Ard Boyz - PK Nob, Bosspole - 150
    Trukk - Red Paint, Plank - 45

12x Ork Boyz - PK Nob, Bosspole - 117
    Trukk - Ram, Red Paint - 45

TOTAL - 2500pts

KILL POINTS: 14 (24 in scenario #2)

--- Edit ---
    Changed Nob Biker squads
    Changed Planks on Trukks to Rams
    Dropped 1 Ard Boy
    Dropped Deffkoptas
    Dropped Big Shootas on Ork Boyz
    Dropped Attack Squigs on Warbosses
    Added 2 squads of Lootas

List #1 is kinda high on KP's. This led me to make list #2 as suggested by jcress.

LIST #2

HQ - 300
    Warboss - Attack Squig, Cybork body, Power Klaw, Warbike - 150
    Warboss - Attack Squig, Cybork body, Power Klaw, Warbike - 150

ELITE - 516
    8x Nobz - 1x Painboy, 1x Ammo runt, 3x Big Choppas, 1x Bosspole, 6x Cybork bodies, 2x Power Klaws, 8x Stikkbombz, Banner, 8x Warbikes (all equipped differently) - 516

TROOP - 1684

11x Ork Boyz - PK Nob, Bosspole - 111

TOTAL - 2500pts

KILL POINTS: 11 (20 in scenario #2)

Last edited by jy2; July 9th, 2009 at 18:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Whoa...I just noticed in 1 of the 'Ard Boyz scenarios, each HQ is worth 5 Kill Points! That's heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Stikkbombz have to be on all your Nobz or none.

Also, why have big shootas in slugga squads? Waste of 5 points imho.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grarg View Post
    I think the Stikkbombz have to be on all your Nobz or none.

Also, why have big shootas in slugga squads? Waste of 5 points imho.
    Ok...time to go back and reconfigure my nobz squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many armies are you planning on playing in 'ard boys? Havent you posted like four or five lists in different army forums?

Oh well,

IMHO you're taking too few targets to the game. I'd imagine 2500 points of IG will just overwhelm this list with shots.

Are the koptas outflanking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Wow, nob-biker cheese list? Then again, I suppose it is the the cutthroat underbelly of plastic toyz you're competing in. I'll be honest, I feel like a bit of a cad every time I take my (rather minimal) nob biker squad, because they're so retarded hard to kill even without a painboy and cyborks.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jcress410 View Post
    How many armies are you planning on playing in 'ard boys? Havent you posted like four or five lists in different army forums?

Oh well,

IMHO you're taking too few targets to the game. I'd imagine 2500 points of IG will just overwhelm this list with shots.

Are the koptas outflanking?
    I'm thinking of starting another army...basically this 'ard boyz lists will be the foundation of my next army. That's why this is a competitive noob list. Just want to make sure my armies would be competitive.

I'm not sure IG would overwhelm this list. It's just so fast. The nob bikers will be up in the IG's face with their 24" turboboost by turn 2. It'll be very risky for them to fire blast weapons as the chances for scattering into their own units are high. Basically, I think this list could potentially destroy an IG list, though it may potentially backfire if IG's get first turn. But then I would probably leave everything in reserve so he has nothing to shoot at and turboboost the bikers to get the 3+ cover.

Depending on what my opponent has and how he deploys, I may or may not outflank my deffkoptas. We'll see depending on the situation and army.

Quote Originally Posted by MethodicalMeat View Post
    Wow, nob-biker cheese list? Then again, I suppose it is the the cutthroat underbelly of plastic toyz you're competing in. I'll be honest, I feel like a bit of a cad every time I take my (rather minimal) nob biker squad, because they're so retarded hard to kill even without a painboy and cyborks.
    Tell me about them. I've played a nob biker army at 1500 twice. Just the 2 squads of nob bikers + warbosses cost over 1400pts! One of the toughest armies I've yet faced.

Unfortunately, in tournament play, you gotta bring it. Cuz your opponent will if you won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd replace planks with rams on the trukks, or just take neither.

You dont need big shootas on the boys. Unnecessary. They'll be moving max distance every turn until assaults

Those two changes could save you 40 points....
    If you don't need to use deff koptas, I wouldn't. My ard boys list will include deff koptas but only because I dont have the models for anything else... Deff koptas are a massive point sink.

If you get rid of the ard boys.. combined with the savings above you have 425 points to do something useful with. Given your affinity for nob bikers, that's another (albeit smaller) unit of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

You honestly dont need 4 BC's & 4 PK's in those biker units. I would take 3 PK's tops, same for the BC's. That's 30 points in each squad saved.

Also, trukks don't need anything aside from a ram, so that saves you another 20 points. Likewise, drop the big shootas as they'll be useless here so that's another 10 points.

With your 90 points saved you're almost on the way to another unit somewhere, and really haven't given up much for it either. If you drop a kopta you now have a unit of 9 lootas.

If you're trying to reduce kill points, consider dropping a warboss. Then again, in those squads they likely will never die so I wouldn't be too worried.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Ok...made some changes as suggested. I kept the Ard boyz squad though. I prefer more scoring units worth less kill points, though I did add a squad of lootas. Better now?

--- Added ---

After making the list, I didn't really like the amount of KP's that I had, so I've made a 2nd list as suggested by jcress. It's got no ranged or fast attack and less scoring units, but also less KP's and IMO is a little tougher.

Which you think would work better in a tournament environment?
    Last edited by jy2; July 9th, 2009 at 16:43.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast