New to nids. 1000pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to nids. 1000pt list

New to nids. 1000pt casual gaming list for critique. All opinions are welcome.

Tyrant with Toxin Sacs, 2 sets of TL Devourers = 111pts

3 Warriors with Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons, 2 Deathspitters, Venom Cannon = 109pts

Broodlord with Feeder Tendrils and retinue of 6 Genestealers = 169 pts

Lictor = 80 pts

15 Termagants with Fleshborers = 90pts

15 Termagants with Fleshborers = 90pts

12 Hormagaunts with Adrenal Glands (WS) = 132pts

Zoanthrope with Synapse Creature, Warp Blast = 65pts

Carnifex with 2 sets of Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (WS), Bio-plasma, Bonded Exoskeleton, Spine Banks, Toxin Sacs, Tusked = 154pts

Total points cost = 1000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general I think you've got a good list here. Running through what you have:

Tyrant: Solid choice. You may want to consider enhanced senses. It's not totally necessary since you get to reroll your shots, but it will make your life a little easier.

Warriors: The deathspitter warriors are great, cheap, all purpose killers. However, I don't think the venom cannon fits in this particular squad, since it's not designed for shooting at masses of troops like the deathspitters are. If you want a heavy weapon I would suggest the barbed strangler, that would be perfect for what you've got there. Or just a third deathspitter.

Broodlord and retinue: Really good set up on these guys, keeping them cheap is the way to go. You may want to consider flesh hooks on all of them. It's a cheap upgrade and really comes in handy for charging things in cover.

Lictor: This is the first thing I'm not totally behind. I like lictors a lot, but they're really expensive for what you get. At this low a points level I think those points could be better spent elsewhere.

Termagaunts: Fine choice

Hormagaunts: These guys are kind of pricy already, I like to avoid giving them any upgrades if I can. That way you can throw more on the board.

Zoanthrope: A single zoanthrope isn't going to do a whole lot. You don't really need the extra synapse, you have plenty already, and warpblast just isn't that reliable a move. I would scratch this guy.

Carnifex: I'm a huge fan of CC fexes, but you have a couple upgrades that aren't really that needed. Toxin Sacs don't do you any good. Anything he's going to be hitting will be wounded on a 1 already, and since you get 2d6 on vehicles on their back armor, the only time that extra strength really comes into play is when you're attacking a monolith. Spinebanks aren't super useful either. If you're going for CC you'd only shoot them like once or twice, and frag grenades on a fex doesn't do you any good since you're already I 1. I might suggest giving him toxic miasma and reinforced chitin. Then he'll be hitting marines on 3's, which is hilarious.

If you have any points leftover more gaunts are always a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The adrenal glands for the hormagaunts were only put there cuz i had some points left over and the glands brought the total cost up to exactly 1000.

I think you're right about the lictor so I'm gonna take him out.

The spine banks on the carnifex are there just to try to wound some of the enemy unit before the assault. Since taking out the lictor will give me some points I think I'll take your advice and add toxic miasma and reinforced chitin for now.

As for the zoanthrope, I thought having one would be a good thing cuz of the power of its warp blast could take out tanks or vehicles and tough enemies. Would adding another one make them more useful or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you keep the hormagaunts near the broodlord when he assaults, you'll get the benefits of his feeder tendrils. I usually do this and give my hormies extra initiative instead of the WS. I've found it to be more useful to go first with loads of attacks then strike at the same time or even afterwards. Against units that they'll be striking first against anyway, the extra I is good for cutting them down when they try to run.

For these reasons, i always recommend AG(I) above all other upgrades for hormagaunts.

If you're taking the Zoanthrope for anti-tank, one option you might want to consider is changing your fex from CC to a sniperfex. Remember, you only need to stun a tank to stop it from shooting each turn, and an average of 1 strength 10 shot per turn will do this very easily. You may even get lucky and blow it up by the end of the game anyway.
    If Google were a woman...I would so marry her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see now that hormagaunts with higher initiative is better than weapon skill cuz of cutting down the enemy when they try to run. I'll change that.

But as for the fex, I don't see why I should change him from CC to a sniperfex cuz after taking out the lictor, I have enough points to add another zoanthrope so I'll have 2 str 10 shots per turn to take out a tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh that's just my opinion. I liken fexes to tanks, so I always go shooty. That and the only time I ever fielded a CC fex was back in third edition with old one eye. Rolled a 6 for his attacks, then proceeded to roll six 1s and a 2 to hit. Never again!
    If Google were a woman...I would so marry her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. I'm taking the zoans to the tanks instead. I will like to try out a sniperfex once I decide to build a 1500pt army. As for now, the CC fex will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 zoanthropes with warpblasts should be better than just one.

I say don't worry about keeping the fex CC. If that thing touches a vehicle it's most likely going to tear it to shreds. That's why I like having them around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now, I just can't decide to either keep the fex a CC one or make him a sniperfex. Thanks for your opinions

+ Reply to Thread