2050 tourny army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2050 tourny army

Looking at running the following list in a up coming tourny, it's 2050 points.

HQ:
    Commander Shas'el: Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Stimulant Injector; Shield Drone; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
    2 Shield Drone

Elite:
    1 Crisis Shas'vre: Bonding Knife; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker
    2 Crisis Battlesuit: Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

1 Crisis Shas'vre: Bonding Knife; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker
    2 Crisis Battlesuit: Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

4 Stealthsuits: Fusion Blaster (x1)
    Team Leader: Bonding Knife

Troops:
    10 Fire Warrior: EMP Grenade; Photon Grenade
    Shas'ui: Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Blacksun Filter; EMP Grenade; Photon Grenade

10 Fire Warrior: EMP Grenade; Photon Grenade
    Devilfish: Disruption Pod
    Shas'ui: Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Blacksun Filter; EMP Grenade; Photon Grenade

10 Kroot Carnivore Squad
    8 Kroot Hounds

Fast Attack
    7 Pathfinder
    Shas'ui: Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Blacksun Filter
    Devilfish: Disruption Pod

Fast Attack:
    1 Piranha Light Skimmer: Fusion Blaster; Disruption Pod; Targeting Array

2 Piranha Light Skimmer: Fusion Blaster (x2); Disruption Pod (x2); Target Lock (x1); Targeting Array (x2)

Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun; Smart Missile System; Targeting Array; Blacksun Filter; Disruption Pod; Multi-Tracker

Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun; Smart Missile System; Targeting Array; Blacksun Filter; Disruption Pod; Multi-Tracker

The area I play in is mech heavy and has a good mix of diffrent armys, and lay styles for them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monstein View Post
    looking at running the following list in a up coming tourny, it's 2050 points.
    may i ask why the taboo point limit? Did the space marines want an extra plasma gun or two? ^^
    hq:
    Commander shas'el: Hard-wired drone controller; hard-wired multi-tracker; stimulant injector; shield drone; missile pod; plasma rifle; targeting array
    2 shield drone
    looking good. I think that you could lose the drones though. Put the points else where...

elite:
    1 crisis shas'vre: Bonding knife; missile pod; plasma rifle; multi-tracker
    2 crisis battlesuit: Missile pod; plasma rifle; multi-tracker

1 crisis shas'vre: Bonding knife; missile pod; plasma rifle; multi-tracker
    2 crisis battlesuit: Missile pod; plasma rifle; multi-tracker
    if you take a team leader with a bonding knife, it's cheaper then a shas'vre, which adds no real benefit to the unit. Also, if you're playing against mech armies, why not turn a squad into 3 deathrains (twin-linked missile pod and a targeting array)?

4 stealthsuits: Fusion blaster (x1)
    team leader: Bonding knife
    good.

troops:
    10 fire warrior: Emp grenade; photon grenade
    shas'ui: Bonding knife; hard-wired blacksun filter; emp grenade; photon grenade

10 fire warrior: Emp grenade; photon grenade
    devilfish: Disruption pod
    shas'ui: Bonding knife; hard-wired blacksun filter; emp grenade; photon grenade
    never really saw the point of emp/photon grenades. Never really wanted to get close to anything with my fire warriors. If you put a smart missile system, a targeting array, and a multitracker on that devilfish, and make it a warfish, it could be a advantageous boost.

10 kroot carnivore squad
    8 kroot hounds
    very nice. I like my kroot a lot. Seeing another squad would make me feel all warm and fuzzie inside. Nothing like 7 point bolters. ^^
    fast attack
    7 pathfinder
    shas'ui: Bonding knife; hard-wired blacksun filter
    devilfish: Disruption pod
    maybe this could be a warfish too?

fast attack:
    1 piranha light skimmer: Fusion blaster; disruption pod; targeting array

2 piranha light skimmer: Fusion blaster (x2); disruption pod (x2); target lock (x1); targeting array (x2)
    never really used any piranhas. Let me know how they go.

heavy support:
    Hammerhead gunship: Railgun; smart missile system; targeting array; blacksun filter; disruption pod; multi-tracker

hammerhead gunship: Railgun; smart missile system; targeting array; blacksun filter; disruption pod; multi-tracker
    if you're going to be playing against some mech armies, why not throw in a broadside or two as well? Drop the smart missile systems and make them burst cannons if you need the points. Or maybe even drop a hammerhead entirely?

the area i play in is mech heavy and has a good mix of diffrent armys, and lay styles for them.
    good luck. May the greater good guide your rolls.
    -tk
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. The EMP and photo where in there to burn points, this army was made off what models I had. Order the stuff to make the two warfish and was looking threw old marine models and found 3 broadsides.

As for Kroot, there my least favorit unit in the army. Not how they play but how they look and putting them together is a paint for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't necessarily need to order anything to make Warfish. I had a bunch of random drones around, and so a drone top glued to the bottom of the Devilfish is the Disruption Pod, while two drone tops with Missile Pods underneath are my Smart Missile System. A random base holder bit thingy now serves as a Multitracker, and that little light they molded next to the Burst Cannon is really a Targeting Array, they just don't tell you that. ^^

Go Creativity!

-TK
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

+ Reply to Thread