1750 Tournemant List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

1750 Tournemant List

Not for any particular tourney, jus tmy standard "must win" list.

I've been fiddling around with this lately and have come up with a slightly different competetive list to my standard one, still got alot of similarities though.

HQ

Troop Killer 337 points
    Dracon
    Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, S. Field, Xenospasm, P. Greandes
    4 Incubi
    2 Warriors, Splinter Cannons
    Plasma Grenades
    Raider, Horrorfex, Disintegrator

Troops

"Mini Snipers" 110 points x2 220 points
    5 Warriors
    1 Dark Lance
    Raider, Horrorfex

"Superboat Squads" 153 points x2 306 points
    10 Warriors
    2 Splinter Cannons
    2 Blasters
    Sybarite, Agoniser, Plasma Grenades, Terrorfex

Assault Boat201 points
    10 Warriors
    Splinter Cannon
    Blaster
    Sybarite, Punisher, T. Helm, Terrorfex, P. Grenades
    Raider, Horrorfex

Elites

Raider Wyches 201 points x2 402 points
    7 Wyches
    Wyche Weapons, Plasma Grenades
    2 Blasters
    Succubus, Agoniser
    Raider, Disintegrator, Horrorfex

Heavy Support

Ravager 140 Points x2 280 points
    3 Disintegrators, Nightshields

Thats 1745 points

List Break Down

19.3% HQ
    41.6% Troops
    23.0% Elite
    16.0% Heavy Support

Firepower:

5 Dark Lances
    9 Blasters
    6 Disintegrators
    7 Splinter Cannons

Power Weapons:
    4 Agonisers
    6 Punishers

Vehicles:

2 Ravagers
    6 Raiders

69 Models Total

Tactics

The mini sniper squads are placed on objectives, in elevated locations as much as possible, prefferably in cover. The raiders that go with them are placed to maximise their survivability during the first turn, whist the "Super boat" squads are placed near them ready to embark. The Wyche and HQ raiders are placed similarly to maximise survival. The force is spread out to try to draw the opponent into doing the same, then during turn 1 a flank is refused by mvoing the warrior boats (usually) to the side with the Wyches and Dracon.

The warrior units concentrate fire so as to take out a unit were possible with shooting, whilst the Wyches are used to lock down enemy assault squads ASAP. The Dracon and bodyguard are launched directly at standard troops. At opportune moments the Raider squads will launch into CC to support another squad or to make a combined strike and take out an opponents troops section to claim an objective.

As often as possible enemy untis are pinned.

Last edited by karantalsis; July 27th, 2009 at 14:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Since you are not asking for suggestions how about sharing your feelings on some of your decisions?

Punisher vs. Agoniser on the Dracon in a squad of Incubi.

Are the splinter cannon warriors only firing from the raider (gunboating) or do you fire them any chance you get?

Does the retinue have plasma?

What’s your feeling on horrorfex’s?

Mini-sniper squads, do you find them durable enough?

Wyches, what’s your take on blasters?

Do you find the ravagers competing for the same targets that the incubi and wyches would go for?

I see a lot of single lances and not too many of them, do you find your anti-armor potential adequate?

What’s your feeling on a 3-lance ravager?

Just curious, I would change it very little with minor stuff but that’s just a preference decision.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Sorry didn't mean to imply I didn't want ocmments happy to accept them :).

Punisher vs. Agoniser on the Dracon in a squad of Incubi.

Anything I'm targetting with a group of incubi is going to be T4- unless I'm facing a T5+ all round army (not that common) and with +1 Str on the punisher this makes it better than the agoniser. Even against T5 its only slightly worse and all T5 armies are uncommon. I'll be avoiding hihg T units altogether with this unit, as thats not their purpose.

Are the splinter cannon warriors only firing from the raider (gunboating) or do you fire them any chance you get?

I'll answer this in 2 parts (a) being an answer for on the warrior squads and (b) on the retinue

(a) These generally gun boat until its time to capture an objective, then they leap from their flying tin can and charge, firing hte cannons on the way in as long as their is no chance that the enemy can then remove casualties to preven the charge (their rarely is due to raider maneuverabiltiy). If the raider gets shot down they advance whilst shooting.

(b) The retinue tends to get stuck in ASAP, the splinter cannons are used for gunboating Turn 1 and on the charge thereafter, they are also used if the unit breaks as they can still fire whilst falling back.

(a+b) against armies were I want to go one th edefensive these are used purely for gunboating until it is time to take the fight to them in turn 4+.

Does the retinue have plasma?

Yes, yes it does.

What’s your feeling on horrorfex’s?

I've never found them to be worth their points, however against low Ld units they are fantastic. Personally I prefer to maintain my hihg level of warriors, I would have to drop a few to get horrorfexes and I'd rather not.

Mini-sniper squads, do you find them durable enough?

Yes, but only as they get ignored and are far away. They aren't going to last long to enemy fire or combat, but if the enemy gets into combat with them its my fault for screwing up and if they shoot at them, well they aren't shootng at a raider which also has a dark lance.

Wyches, what’s your take on blasters?

Useful, I had them in this list until the last minute then had to cut them as I was over by a few points and they were the least painful thing to lose. The extra 2 shots on teh charge can make a 4 turn win into a 2-3 turn win, which is nice.

Do you find the ravagers competing for the same targets that the incubi and wyches would go for?

Yes and no. With the nature of 5th and its troops heavy environment its all target rich. I tend to find my wyches target the enemy HQ/elites, the Ravagers then go for troops squads, as does the lord, whilst the lord and retinue are great at clearing a unit off an objective the ravager twins are very good at taking out entire units, one at a time. At 1 unit per turn this is very handy sometimes I can get 2 untis in a turn against MEQ.

I see a lot of single lances and not too many of them, do you find your anti-armor potential adequate?

There are 9 lances altogether on the mini snipers and the raiders, I tend to find this sufficient and am willing to send my warriors to attack tanks if neccessary (though it rarely is). The optimal number in 1750 I think is 10, so I'm 1 order my ideal, but its not too bad I usually fair OK against armour.

What’s your feeling on a 3-lance ravager?

Its a very useful set up, but I prefer the pair of 3 dissie ravagers for the squad removal potential. Going up to 1850 I would take a 3 lance ravager to bulk out the list. (obvs dropping the 3 points somewhere, not sure where right now, probably 'nades on sybs).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

I've had a fiddle with my list after trying out some thoughts I had after your prompting questions and stick by most of what I said except that I'm finding horrorfexes more useful in 5th than I did in 4th, now that they have the new scatter rule. Same for terrorfexes. I've found them so useful in fact (against everything except demons) that I have now liberally sprinkled the forec with them. I am worried I've one a bit OTT, however as I now have 80 points in 'fexes. I could drop all of them and the wyche blasters and replace them with a full sniper squad, would this be better?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Being in a incubi squad is one of the only times I recommend giving your lord a agonizer over a punisher, and only for one reason T5+. If a MC or other high toughness creature (god forbid its a wraithlord) gets into this unit, its curtains without an agonizer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

A lord with punisher and Drugs is hitting T5 on a 4+ anyway just like an agoniser, will rarely get in combat with them as I don't wnat them to and can often be pulled out of the pooh that is needing 6's on WLs by a handy charge from warriors or wyches so I rarely think thats important as it dilutes the power of the squad in doing what I want it to do in order to compensate for a situation that is unlikely to come up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by karantalsis View Post

Sybarite, Punisher, T. Helm, Terrorfex, P. Grenades
    Is this legal since the Punisher can't be used with another weapon [page 5] and the Terrorfex is listed as such on page 13?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    Is this legal since the Punisher can't be used with another weapon [page 5] and the Terrorfex is listed as such on page 13?
    It is also listed on page 5 as wargear i think personally it is just put there for convenience on page 13 as where else would you put it down for quick reference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the description states that the terrorfex is wrist mounted therefore you assume it doesn't interfere with any weapons they're holding.

+ Reply to Thread