1500pt Tau All comers Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Tau All comers Army

Hey,
    This is my first post and i was interested on some feedback for my first tau army. It is design to be an all comers army because there are many different armies at the club that i play at and i wanted to fine tune it to be a semi competitive list, maybe break into tournament play. Tactical, and army building feed back would be nice. Thanks

Army
    Commander Shas-O- Missile pod, Plasma rifle, multi tracker, shield generator, shield dronesx2 172 pts
    Two Hammerheads- Rail gun, D pods, Decoy launchers, Multi Tracker, Targeting array, Target lock, SS's both 175pts ea.
    Two Devilfish- D pods, Targeting array, Decoy launchers, Multi Tracker, x2 seeker missiles both 140 ea.
    Two Squads of Fire Warriors 12 man- Shas-ui, bonding knife, photon Grenades, Pulse rifles both each 147pts
    Broadside B-suit- Twin linked rail guns, Target lock, SMS, MP, TA, Multi Tracker, Marker drone, Shield Drones x2 185pts
    PathFinders x 8 96pts
    Kroot squad, 12 kroot- Shaper 117pts

Total 1494

Last edited by Titanium Commander; July 13th, 2009 at 03:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

My eyes, what is this i dont even.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Commander View Post
    Hey,
    This is my first post and i was interested on some feedback for my first tau army. It is design to be an all comers army because there are many different armies at the club that i play at and i wanted to fine tune it to be a semi competitive list, maybe break into tournament play. Tactical, and army building feed back would be nice. Thanks

Army
    Commander Shas-O- Missile pod, Plasma rifle, multi tracker, shield generator, shield dronesx2 172 pts
    Ok, first off, you're paying WAY too much more a Fire Knife suit. A Shas'el with a Targeting Array, Plasma Rifle, Missle Pod, and Multitracker shoots just as well and is only 97 points if I remember.

Two Hammerheads- Rail gun, D pods, Decoy launchers, Multi Tracker, Targeting array, Target lock, SS's both 175pts ea.
    This is exactly how I set up my hammerheads. Although I only take one at 1.5k. There are better places to put the points. ^^

Two Devilfish- D pods, Targeting array, Decoy launchers, Multi Tracker, x2 seeker missiles both 140 ea.
    Warfish. A good choice. Can't see anything wrong here.

Two Squads of Fire Warriors 12 man- Shas-ui, bonding knife, photon Grenades, Pulse rifles both each 147pts
    I'd lose the photon grenades. If you get into close combat, You're as good as chop sooey anyway.

Broadside B-suit- Twin linked rail guns, Target lock, SMS, MP, TA, Multi Tracker, Marker drone, Shield Drones x2 185pts
    For a mobile army, which you got going here, I'd lose the multitrackers and equip them with the Advanced Stablization System. The Marker Drone is too expensive to be worth it. Also, if you make one a Team Leader and give him the two Shield Drones, then you can put a wound on both Broadsides before you have to remove one (It's because they're equiped differently. Go Loopholes!).

PathFinders x 8 96pts
    I assume that one of the Warfish are for these? I would probably drop 2-4 and put the points else where.

Kroot squad, 12 kroot- Shaper 117pts
    The Shaper is extrenious. My faverite way to set these guys up is to take 2-3 squads of 10 Kroot and 5 Hounds and then outflank into some nearby woods. Remember: Kroot are Bolters, not Bezerkers. Why charge in and get no saves when you can just as easily shoot from a forest (with a 3+ cover save) and have the same effect? But if the situation does calls for it, a hefty 45 attacks in close combat does have it's benefites. ^^

Total 1494
    With the points saved/some playing around, I highly recomend some Crisis/Stealth Suits. Maybe two Deathrains (Twin-Linked Missile Pods with a Targeting Array), or two Fireknifes. Maybe a group of three Stealth Suits with 5-6 Gun Drones? Or how about both?

Good luck to you!

-TK
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

+ Reply to Thread