1500pt Balanced KP vs Obj - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Balanced KP vs Obj

Hey all this is my first post to the Army List. Unfortunately when I build a list I always think it's great and don't like to change it until I field it. It could do horribly in practice tho, haha. But I also like to talk it out with people more knowledgeable than I so here it is. I wanted to build a balanced build since we roll for mission type, but he always fields Tau for now.

HQ:
    Lord, Orb, Phyl

Lord, Destroyer, Orb, Phyl, Scythe

Fast Attack:
    2x 3-Wraiths

Troops:
    3x 10-Warriors

Heavy Support:
    1x Heavy
    1x Heavy
    1x Monolith

1501pts total

And for the explanation before people start claiming I'm crazy for certain choices... The walking lord has a Phyl because against my opponent he has gone down before from my own mistakes, so I'd like to give him something to make up for it, plus it's low enough points to fill in the gap and not go over or under.

Again, my Tau opponent runs Fast Hammerheads with Disruption Pods. This makes them a pain in my butt. He moves 12" so means in CC only hitting on a 6, and for ranged if my Heavies are in the distance, my two shots won't do much, BUT, if I bring them close in for no cover, and can keep it from moving, my wraiths and tear it apart. Or I get lucky with the cannon and my wraiths can keep tearing up his FWs. The Heavies do travel together to keep their WBB, near the Destroyer Lord if possible, or with warriors using them as cover saves. They spread out to avoid templates and in the event i take down a Hammerhead with one shot, I can move to his second... or third... *shakes fist*

And the list allows me to keep both a good number of troop choices for objectives as well as field a Monolith for it's whip and ability to add WBB rolls. The only other thing I wonder is if i turn in the Wraiths for Scarabs and drop the second orb or something...

Okay, I'll shut up now and prepare for criticism.

My 40k Blog: http://ondeathswings.blogspot.com/
    Necron - 1500pts (WIP) [6W/3L/2D] (Retired 'til new codex)
    Blood Angels - 1500pt (WIP) [6W/2L/2D]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Well against tau I'd definitely say to DS the monolith, so they can't rail gun it to death to early. As for the heavy destroyers, deploy them on the opposite flank from your Wraithwing. Make sure they're not in the firing arc of the Hammerhead until you want them to be. As for the wraiths ram them into your opponent as fast as you can. Also you'd be better off dropping both phylacteries and getting your destroyer lord a Phase Shifter to keep him from taking as many wounds.

The list could work, be careful in killpoints missions though, the pair of Heavy Destroyers won't take hits well, do whatever you can to take the hammer heads out ASAP with them. If you can take his railguns out early, your monolith will go pretty much untouched for the game to wreak havoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

First, never go over points. If you are playing at 1500 you cannot go over. Sure it might be OK with your grop of friends, but it's bad practise.

Also, Phylacteries are not good. They only ever do something if your lord is destroyed, and yo roll a 5 or 6 in WBB.

The loner Heavies are not really worth it, IMHO. I've found they are too weak, and usually just die. You could cut the heavies and Phylacteries for 3x Destroyers, for example. Or a third (!) group of wraiths and some more warriors.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, if not the Heavies, what is a better Anti-Armor choice for the points? My opponent takes 3 Hammer heads and 1 Devilfish per game and plink my Lith with rails or troops with blast markers so I reallllly wanna take them out ASAP.

I can turn in the Phly's for a Phase Shifter for my Destroyer Lord... but I dunno... not worried in CC because he doesn't have any power weapons, and if not in CC i will be turbo-boosting around and he will have a 3+ save, or behind my wraiths getting a 4+ cover save. Once his tanks and pathfinders are dead, I don't fear anything in his army (espeically if my Lith is still up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Don't really know Tau (he plays Tau, right?) so my advice may not be the best. Wraiths may be good enough, depending on his rear armor. Or you could always try Scarabs with Fields. Sure they die to pies, but if he's shooting pies at scarabs he's not shooting them at the rest of your army.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he plays Tau, and really my only opponent for now. All of his rear armors are 10, but front/sides are 13/12 so hitting them with ranged weapons from the front is a wasted endevor with heavies sometimes. My only thing is that he runs his tanks "Fast" so he moves 12" every turn, meaning in CC I only hit on 6s... But at range he gets a 4+ cover... they are the bane of my existence for now and I'm coming up with a new strat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played my opponent with this list tonight and won. We rolled for Annihilation, tho i was expecting objectives. The Heavies were a total waste. :-\ They hit, but always fail to pen. I actually got two hits on a HQ suit, but he had a 4++ and saved em. Wraiths murdered in CC, by SA a couple Fire Warrior squads. Phylactries never came in use, but neither did the use of a invul save for my Lord, so no real new data there.

The Warscythe performed well, taking out a Devilfish and a Hammerhead. And the good ol' Warriors absorbed rail templates like champs, eventho I rolled 1s and 2s like a champ... :-\ I also learned the Monolith Flux Arcs are nigh useless against suits with their 3+ saves. I shot 13 total shots at 3 suits and scored no wounds, haha. But the whip cleared his Pathfinders off the map.

Overall, I think I'll field this again against Tau, but I see the weaknesses and wouldn't field it against something with an equal chance against me in CC... until the new codex comes out and it better have Rending or a power weapon option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on the win.

As for anti-tank, maybe consider massive amounts of HD spam? like 6 of them or so? It might be worth giving Spyders a look too. If they somehow don't get the 6+ to hit by moving (trapped in a corner, chose not to, stunned or immobilized previously, ect), the MC attacks should do some nasty things.

Anyways since Alzer is nowhere to be seen:
    Go report your win for the campaign!
    Assuming you haven't already that is

+ Reply to Thread