[1500] Friendly and Comp. Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

[1500] Friendly and Comp. Eldar

I want to vary my past list so I came up with this, it's basically minor tweaks but tell me what you think. It's meant to be very mobile, favoring tactics over cheese, I don't see a reason for anyone to complain against this. But yea here it is than comments and criticism :

Farseer ( 80 )
    inc. Doom

Farseer ( 75 )
    inc. Guide

6x Banshees ( 123 )
    inc. Exarch, mirror-swords, Acrobatics
    Wave Serpeant (110 )
    inc. T-L shuriken cannon, shuriken catapults, spirits stones

10x Dire Avengers ( 152 )
    inc. Exarch, duel shuriken catapults, Bladestorm
    Wave Serpeant ( 110 )
    inc. T-L shuriken cannon, shuriken catapults, spirit stones

9x Dire Avengers ( 140 )
    inc. Exarch, duel shuriken catapults, Bladestorm
    Wave Serpeant ( 110 )

5x Fire Dragons ( 80 )
    Wave Serpeant ( 110 )

3x Warwalkers ( 180 )
    inc. scatter lasers (2 on each)

Fire Prism ( 115 )

Fire Prism ( 115 )

Total: 1500 exact.

Models: 33
    Tanks: 6
    Walkers: 3

Last edited by Emp.; July 27th, 2009 at 16:34.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Personally I would drop the Fire Dragons to get a full group of Banshees and use the rest of the points to fill out the DA squad and upgrade the Serpents to TL-bright Lances, but that's just me. In general I think your list looks fine though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i agree with the guy above me, or drop the warwalkers to get more banshees AND firedragons, and maybe some upgrades for your tanks.

other then that i find its a solid list, good luck and dont forget to send your battle reports in for aurora prime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

I really like the Dragons for MC and extra tank support though considering I really don't rely on many low APs or monster CC squads to take down say for example, a chaos daemon prince or a Hive tyrant or Carnifex.

I like the Banshee squad as is because it's meant to jump into large support squads in cover (such as Fire Warriors, etc. static units) so as to not sweep a squad and be available shooting targets before I get to go again. This way I can assault in my phase, assault in their phase, and move again at the beginning of mine.

I'll be honest unless it's overwhelming evidence on something that would benefit me more, I'm a big personal fan of warwalkers with scatter lasers. 36 str6 shots with rerollable hits, people will miss rolls I don't care whether you have a 3+ or better. And for only 180 points, that's a lot of bang for the buck though I do wish they were AV11
    Last edited by Emp.; July 27th, 2009 at 16:32.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is tough... I really like this list... yet I am worried about it's anti-tank power. While of course you have the Fire Dragons to melt the biggest tank/MC, your only other anti tank is the Fire Prisms. While they are effective, they are suited much better to laying waste to entire units of troops in a single shot. Id hate for you to have to use them as tank hunters the whole game instead of doing what they are meant to do.

I guess my only suggestion is remove the second Farseer with guide. I know this will severely weaken the power of your war walkers, but if those War Walkers are killed, then that Farseer is mostly useless anyway. Take out that Farseer and get some EMLs for your Wave Serpents. This will solve your tank issues and allow the Fire Prisms to do what they do best.

Without the Farseer to babysit them... maybe even Outflank with your War Walkers and catch your opponent by surprise.

Otherwise... good list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

The actual plan is the guide Farseer is going to be in the Serpeant with the Fire Dragons but pushing alongside the Warwalkers and that's my side flanking unit. Any troop or AV12- unit on that side will be shot by the Walkers and if need be the dragons will be there to pop any difficulties that the scatter lasers will encounter. Worst comes to worst I can Fly the Serpeant flat out 24" if I have problems on the other side of the map. Although I do see where you're coming from with the lack of anti-tank. Lists with duel LR's or Monoliths may or mat not pose a problem depending on my dice rolls with the prisms. But when you look at it, the only anti-tank I need is for AV 13 and AV 14, which most armies won't have much of, and I can match up the two prisms and the Fire Dragons against that if needbe. Anything less I can pump out over 40 str.6 shots, so to be honest I'm not exactly too concerned about it. But I'd prefer to keep the Farseer as he's support for both the Walkers and Fire Dragons directly, and if the occasion arises I can duel it with my other farseer's Doom, while guiding a target, and cast on the Dragons or even a squad of DA's to let loose.

~ Not arguing just saying the plan I had in place already

~ Good Comments though so far thank you guys, keep em coming . Everything needs to be considered and I may overlook certain things

+ Reply to Thread