1000pts Pyschic choir - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    JMG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Pyschic choir

ok so first off i lied a bit. I have 503pts of the pyschic choir list already and want some advice on what i should fill the rest of the 407 pts with. hope im not breaking the rules.

HQ

Flyrant- 164pts
    x2 ST, AG (WS+I), Winged, Psychic scream, flesh hooks

Dakkarant- 164pts
    TL Deathspitter, TL devs, toxin sacs, enhanced senses, EC, psychic scream

Elites

Troops

FA

HS

3 Zoans- 175pts
    3x Psychic scream, 1x synapse, 2x Warpblast

obviously i need to take some troop choices so i was considering just spending the rest of my points on an elite dakkafex or CC warriors and a whole loada spinies, termies and devgaunts (small broods WoN)

any and all constructive criticism welcome

Sir we have a lock on the Hive tyrant.
    NO! SHOOT THAT SPORE MINE! OH GOD, ITS GOING BACKWARDS!
    if someone helps you, give them rep.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    ok so first off i lied a bit. I have 503pts of the pyschic choir list already and want some advice on what i should fill the rest of the 407 pts with. hope im not breaking the rules.

HQ

Flyrant- 164pts

Dakkarant- 164pts

Elites

Troops

FA

HS

3 Zoans- 175pts

obviously i need to take some troop choices so i was considering just spending the rest of my points on an elite dakkafex or CC warriors and a whole loada spinies, termies and devgaunts (small broods WoN)

any and all constructive criticism welcome
    The first thing i thought about is the elite fexes, you need to be playing 1500 pts to be able to use that option. Maby skip one zoan? and give both synapse/blast

And two tyrants? Maby one CCflyrant is enough and maybe give her warp field, way harder to kill. Instead of a dakka/blast tyrant, maybe use a fex in the heavy slot, making 1-2 dakkafexxes, you don't need to upgrade them just make them to ordinary elite fexes.
    And you don't have that much points left, question is will you have WoN gaunts?
    I think you could have like 2x5 warriors with 4 spitters and one barbed strangler if you wanted and i think you should even have some points left for some uppgrades or ripperswarms
    hope this helped some!

Jim.
    Last edited by Padea; July 24th, 2009 at 13:50.

JMG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem with that is if i take warp field on the flyrant, drop the other tyrant, drop one zoan, and give the other two warp blast and synapse, then it wont be a pyschic choir at all anymore. I need as many pyschic screams as i can fit in.

and i forgot about the no elitefexs in games under 1500. nooby mistake but i have space for a cheap fex in heavy support anyway.

so really the last 497 points would be going on as many troops WoN as possible so i can use them to take objectives.

The CC flyrant and the 2 warp blasts should be enough to take on any armour i come across in a 1000 point game shouldnt it?
    Sir we have a lock on the Hive tyrant.
    NO! SHOOT THAT SPORE MINE! OH GOD, ITS GOING BACKWARDS!
    if someone helps you, give them rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    problem with that is if i take warp field on the flyrant, drop the other tyrant, drop one zoan, and give the other two warp blast and synapse, then it wont be a pyschic choir at all anymore. I need as many psychic screams as i can fit in.

and i forgot about the no elitefexs in games under 1500. nooby mistake but i have space for a cheap fex in heavy support anyway.

so really the last 497 points would be going on as many troops WoN as possible so i can use them to take objectives.

The CC flyrant and the 2 warp blasts should be enough to take on any armour i come across in a 1000 point game shouldn't it?

Ah well in that case stick with it then.
    yeah you should have enough, but you really never know.
    though if you have 1-2 dakkafexes they will be in range of at least 18" maybe enough to get close to pop a tank i cc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

Flyrant- 164pts
    I would spend the extra points to give your flyrant bioplasma. That one extra attack at initiative 10 can help quite a bit. Even without the MC rule, 1 extra attack against armor is always useful as well (S7 attack is decent).

Dakkarant- 164pts
    I would drop the deathspitter and give it the second TL devs. You lose 1 blast plate and gain six reroll to hit and wound shots. If you are planning on using this to play synapse to your gaunts, I have found it better to avoid blast plates. 12 shots for under 160 points? Yes please.

Elites
    I would say throw in 1 minimum squads of warriors. I have found the following combination works well for me:

1 warrior with talons, deathspitter
    1 warrior with spine fists, deathspitter
    1 warrior with talons, barbed strangler
    all with toxin sacks
    comes to 98 points. A bargain for 2 S5 blast plates and 1 S4 large blast unit that you must take 3 wounds before removing a unit with proper allocation.

Troops
    Throw in some spine gaunts; 4 sets of 8 should work well.

HS

3 Zoans- 175pts
    Throw in a pair of boomfexs(barbed strangler + ST) for 2 more S8 pinning large blast markers.

That should come out to 987 ish points for

5 psychic screamer able to reduce the strongest smurf to Ld5
    4 synapse web sets
    3 large blast pinning shots (very helpful in a choir list)

and 13 more points to spend on upgrades/gaunts, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Ainom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually trying to build a choir list at 1k points. I came up with this,

2 Tyrants with Tox sacs, Venom cannon, barbed strangler, enhanced senses, Ext carpace, Psychic scream

2 tyrant guard with lash whips 1 each for the tyrants

8 Stealers with scuttlers
    8 spinegaunts without number

Carnifex enhanced senses, tw-link Devs and barbed strangler

3 Zoans with Warp blast and Psychic scream

I use the stealers as a threat to force my opponent to deploy more centrally so that the combined effect of the choir can hit them. If they don't then theres a good cahance my stealers will have lunch on the turn they enter.

you get three stranglers for pinning tests and venom canons can deal with light vehicles. The zoans can handle heavy vehicles and the stealers are super versatile.

I would love feedback. Still workin out points cost but I think its close to 1k if not jjust over
    Last edited by dafridge; July 24th, 2009 at 18:14.

+ Reply to Thread