1500 dark eldar (lance happy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 dark eldar (lance happy)

--HQ 160
    dracon + splinter rifle
    retinue of 5 warriorswith 2 dark lances
    raider transport (with dark lance)

--HS 315
    ravager (3 dark lances)
    ravager (3 dark lances)
    ravager (3 dark lances)

--Troops 930
    6 raider transports (with dark lance)
    each carrying 10x warriors with 2 dark lance (or splinter cannons?)

10x warriors with 1 dark lance

total 1497
    -----------

probably a bout of insanity, but it could be funny. gives a total of 30 'mobile' dark lances pls one from the 'on foot' warrior squad. general plan being to sit back, make use of the massive firepower to keep things away from the fragile transports, then move fast to contest late game. sure, things like orks and nids will probably be quite painful, but with good use of the board and maybe some sacrificial tank shocking it might be doable.

the list is mostly to giggle at SM players tho.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

The warriors in the raiders can only have 1 lance each and then either a blaster or a shredder. And it looks like you have 7 troop choices.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

1. Why in the world are you arming your Dracon with a splinter rifle? Give your Dracon either a punisher or agonizer, he should be in CC. As far as the retinue goes, i believe if you have one make it incubi. The warriors are going to die too easily.

2. As far as your troops go, how are you intending to use those warriors with DLs? If they are in the raider and it is moving, they will not be able to shoot. Despite the fact that you do in fact have 7 troop choices, why not give 2 DLs to the squad without a raider?

3. Based on your game plan, this may sound fun, but probably not successful. At 1500, your opponent is bound to have his own long range firepower to deal with your vehicles.
    Last edited by Kabbala; July 24th, 2009 at 21:54. Reason: .
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah i was using warrior squads in raiders, not raider squads
    and aye, spot on about the 7 troop choices.

the intention isnt to move if avoidable during the first 3 turns. the raiders and ravagers all sit back finding cover if they can and thinning the enemies ranks, taking out rhinos etc. i might push the ravagers forward down a flank to try and hit any enemy fire base that might be causing me trouble from distance.

any infantry getting in too close (24") i'll move one raider forward to block and roll out the splinter rifles to thin them down. they'll either have to kill the transport or go around it, either buys me turns of shooting with my other dark lances.

dropping the cost of the extra 'phanton' dark lances i'd included, plus the 7th troop choice i'm left with around 155 points, whiich i could throw into some reavers, or i think i might take a squad of 10 mandrakes. you've got to love hidden deployment.

the dracons there purely as a cheap required HQ choice with the retinue being an excuse to get a couple more dark lances on the field. since they're in a transport i'm not intending to use CC if i can avoid it, so there's no sense putting the points into CC weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eris View Post
    --HQ 160
    dracon + splinter rifle
    retinue of 5 warriorswith 2 dark lances
    raider transport (with dark lance)

--HS 315
    ravager (3 dark lances)
    ravager (3 dark lances)
    ravager (3 dark lances)

--Troops 930
    6 raider transports (with dark lance)
    each carrying 10x warriors with 2 dark lance (or splinter cannons?)

10x warriors with 1 dark lance

total 1497
    -----------

probably a bout of insanity, but it could be funny. gives a total of 30 'mobile' dark lances pls one from the 'on foot' warrior squad. general plan being to sit back, make use of the massive firepower to keep things away from the fragile transports, then move fast to contest late game. sure, things like orks and nids will probably be quite painful, but with good use of the board and maybe some sacrificial tank shocking it might be doable.

the list is mostly to giggle at SM players tho.
    To many lances Sorry to say but Orks would piss over this,plus the fact is your going to struggle against marines now,since Splinter cannons don't do jack shit against them,and all your doing is popping out 1 shot weapons which if your opponents smart,he will drop all his heavy weapon teams in cover,i strongly suggest you give every single Ravager a 3 Disintegrators! This is a S 7,AP 2 Blast,when accompanied with Ravagers it's 9 blast markers of hell per turn on your opponent,and let's just say they're devastating against any infantry in the game,plus this would support the fact that your list is weak to horde mixed armys.

Good luck.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i knew things like orks would be tough, but like i said i'm mainly looking to lay hurt on SM, not beat all comers.

that said i'm liking the disintigrators. one query tho.. if i'm using multiple blast weapons.. normally you could only fire all the weapons at the same unit, but since they're blasts can you target different models in the same unit with each shot?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by eris View Post
    ...can you target different models in the same unit with each shot?
    No, all the blasts hit the same target - they only thing that can split fire are the passengers on the raiders.

As for the list, I like only the 2 ravagers with lances (3 ravs like that are a bit much) - the rest have the stench of mon-keigh all over them. You want something like that then perhaps IG may be the army for you?
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"that aint how we roll, go play something else"
    best reply ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

I really don't see this list winning against anything. You're vulnerable, immobile, low armoured, incapable of killing units. I just don't see how this can win.

Kwi I think you misinterpreted his question, he was asking if each blast can be targetted at a diffrent model in the same unit, which as far as I know they can be, why you'd do this I have no idea as you just point it at the point were you will hit the most enemies, which is invariant as all your hits are totalled before casualties are removed, but if you really really want to I guess its OK to fire different blasts at different models in the same unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"vulnerable, immobile, low armoured, incapable of killing units"

vulnerable - i've no idea what this actually means. anything is vulnerable if you dont deploy it sensibly and make good use of terrain. if you do those things then your vulnerability is significantly decreased.

immobile - umm.. 24" a turn is immobile? ^^

low armoured - last time i looked there werent any land raiders in the deldar codex. sure the transports are pretty much paper thin, but i'm not exactly going to be sticking them out in the middle of the table for all to shoot at. anything that isnt shooting will be getting a 4+ cover save from moving fast (or denying LoS where possible) and they benfit from sheer numbers. 10 skimmers in the list isnt a small number.

incapabile of killing units - at no point during 5th ed have i thought that wiping out the other guy was actually a good idea or any kind of target that i'm aiming towards. denying mech is important, the lances do that. 9 disintigrators look quite tidy for putting the hurt on infantry when the opportunity arises.

the main problem of the list for me (aside from facing swarms of units obviously) might be that i cant tank shock, so with good troop positioning i could be denied the ability to contest. i'd quite like a strong, fast moving unit to put out there as a 'mess maker' (similar roll to an eldar seer council, or a necron destroyer lord) but nothings leaping out of the codex at me to fulfil that roll. talos is a posibility, but it's only got 12" right? and doesnt seem particularly fearsome unless it gets into CC. dark eldar seems more a game of avoidance and attacking the right things at the right time and place, rather than making an attempt to 'duke it out'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast