Close Combat Swarm - 1500 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

Close Combat Swarm - 1500 Points

Thoughts please on the list below. It is a close combat force designed to be fluffy in that it represents the different 'waves' of an assault as laid out of p168/9 of the rulebook.

HQ
    3 x Warriors Adrenal Glands (WS+I), Scything Talons, Rending Claws
    3 x Warriors Adrenal Glands (WS+I), Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Elite
    2 x Lictors

Troops
    16 x Spinegaunts
    16 x Spinegaunts
    16 x Spinegaunts
    16 x Termagants
    16 x Termagants
    16 x Termagants

Fast Attack
    3 x Bio Acid Spore Mines
    3 x Bio Acid Spore Mines
    3 x Bio Acid Spore Mines

Heavy Support
    3 x Zoanthropes Warp Blast and Synapse Creature
    2 x Carnifex Scything Talons (x2), Adrenal Glands (WS+I), Toxic Miasma, Tail Mace, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace

Total Points 1493

Two queries,
    - are 9 Synapse Creatures enough?
    - can it work without tank stopping units (aside from the Lictors, CC Carnifex's and Zoanthropes)?

I could add another 3 Warriors into the Elite section but would need to get rid of something. I have stayed away from a Hive Tyrant as its points cost would be a drain. I have also stayed away from Hormogaunts as they are too fast, at present all the army moves at the same speed (either move + fleet or move + run). This should keep them under synapse control.

The Lictors are there to keep the opponent guessing and in a small way to sow doubt in his mind when deploying. In my opinion one Lictor just doesn't cut it, I was even thinking of taking three.

Anyway all comments welcome, but it has to stay close combat.

Last edited by dinodeanpostcat; July 27th, 2009 at 22:17. Reason: forgot some minor points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

JMG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all personally i'd never measure you're synapse web by the amount of models but more the amount of units. so i would count a 3 warrior brood as 1 synapse and 2 zoans as 2 as they wrok independently
    so its more like have 5 synapse nodes. but 5 should be enough.

lictors are great when you have 2. 1 sucks a bit. also quite useful seeing as your going to be deep striking in those spore mines. i'm not certain how effective spore mine clusters are coz i've never used them but with a few luck dice rolls you never know

i know you want a CC themed army but sniperfexs are way more efficient tank hunters than CC fexs as anyone will tell you. use this information as you will.

lastly i'd pick one hive tyrant over 2 warrior broods any day of the week but if you're gonna use any type of warriors i'd highly reccoment extended carp. at 3 points per model i think its a bargain for actually having a saving throw against bolters and the like. there's just so many ap 5 weapons around these days
    Sir we have a lock on the Hive tyrant.
    NO! SHOOT THAT SPORE MINE! OH GOD, ITS GOING BACKWARDS!
    if someone helps you, give them rep.

+ Reply to Thread