2000 points Fast and Choppy, Bad Moonz ( Tale Of Painters ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x3)

2000 points Fast and Choppy, Bad Moonz ( Tale Of Painters )

Hi all,
    A new ork player here. Been messing around with some orks at my local GW and decided to do an army for Tale Of Painters. The theme was Bad Moonz. I wanted to make a reasonably fast army with some cool, flashy units eg, shokk attak mek and flash gitz.
    Here it is. Comments and criticism appreciated as I am an Ork noob.

HQ:
    Warboss - 130pts
    Mega Armour
    Attack Squig
    Cybork Body
    Bosspole

Big Mek - 105
    Bosspole
    Shokk Attak Gun

Troops:
    5 Mega Armoured Nobz – 205
    Kombi-skorcha

Dedicated Transport:
    Battlewagon - 115
    Deff Rolla
    Grot Riggers
    Armour Plates

2x 12 Boyz - 224
    2x Bosspole
    2x Nobz
    2x Power Klaw

12 Ard Boyz - 160
    Nob
    Bosspole
    Power Klaw

Dedicated Transports:
    3 Trukks with 1 Reinforced Ram - 110

Ten Grotz- 40
    Runtherd

Elites:
    10 Kommandos - 215
    2 Burnas
    Snikrot

Fast Attack:
    12 Stormboyz - 229
    Boss Zagstrukk

Heavy Support:
    10 Flash Gitz - 325
    More Dakka
    Painboy

Dedicated Transport:
    Trukk - 35

Looted Wagon – 105
    Boomgun

Total: 1998

Have at it, feel free to chop it up and point out any glaring mistakes. I need some help with it. The army is to mainly look cool on the table top, but if it works well thats a bonus.

The Warboss and MANz will ride in the Battlewagon while the other infantry all have trukks to ride in (except kommandos and grotz). The Big Mek will sit in some cover with the grotz for bullet shields.

Cheers
    Knight

Last edited by Sknight; August 4th, 2009 at 01:05. Reason: Revised Army List

Add me! Let me know your forum name too! =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flash gits

flash gits are waste they look cool when converted but not good exchange that unit to ork boys with big shootas and nobs with power klaws

im guessing your using 1 of the trukks for the warboss and manz ok

if your hoping for the ard boys to stay alive drop the shokk attack gun for a kff and that will give the ard boys a 5+ cover save

kommandos are just more exspensive boys drop them and get more storm boys or bikers

everything else seems fine
    hope i helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x3)

I tried using flash gitz in a game earlier and they worked pretty well, though I might drop the unit size to 5 so I can take some more boyz. All the infantry have transports already (except kommandos). Flash Gitz have the trukk listed in under their entry

I'll try out some kommandos before removing them from the list, they seem quite useful with the infiltrate rule and snikrot, good for harassing enemy heavy weapons in the back lines.

Would having a KFF be useful since everything is in transports?

Thanks for the help mate, i'll do some playtesting and post a revised list.

Cheers
    Knight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

te

well for the kff was for the ard boys because they are a expensive unit they need some extra protection form ap4 weapons
    ----------
    or give the meganobs a battlewagon and a mek together should make the meganobs not succumb to ap2 fire your choice either meganobs or ard boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sknight567 View Post
    Hi all,

HQ:

Warboss - 125pts
    Mega Armour
    Attack Squig
    Cybork Body Assuming he's leading the meganobz give him a bosspole

Big Mek - 105
    Eavy Armour
    Shokk Attak Gun I don't see a squad for him to sit in so he will quickly be picked out. I would say you should take a KFF instead unless you have a squad of grots, lootas, or kannons to plunk this guy in. If you choose to get one of those squads, replace the eavy armor with a bosspole

Troops:

5 Mega Armoured Nobz - 200 Always a fun unit. Consider finding the points for 1-3 kombi-skorchas.

2x 12 Boyz - 234 Really don't need the eavy armor on the nobz. Save those points to be spent on the suggestions above.
    2x Bosspole
    2x Eavy Armour
    2x Nobz
    2x Power Klaw

12 Ard Boyz - 160
    Nob
    Bosspole
    Power Klaw

3 Trukks with Armour Plates - 135 The upgrades on the trukks are worth a third of the vehicle. I wouldn't recommend them as frankly anything designed to kill trukks will do so, armor plate or not. Consider taking reinforced rams. The ability to tank shock can come in hany, but the biggest advantage is the ability to drive through terrain willy nilly.

Elites:

10 Kommandos - 215
    2 Burnas
    Snikrot
    Fast Attack:

12 Stormboyz - 229 Zagstrukk has some big problems and is more of a liability than anything else. If you want him for the model then so be it, but with a regular move of 13-18", you're more likely to get a 2nd turn charge off with a regular nob than you are with zagstrukk (only 50% chance to come in, followed by a large chance to scatter)
    Boss Zagstrukk

Heavy Support:

Battlewagon - 115 What is the purpose for this vehicle? Everything else seems to have a transport.If you do feel you need it for just running stuff over, pick up a big shoota so a weapon destroyed result won't just immobilize your vehicle, and then consider dropping a trukk from the regular boyz, get more of them, and toss them in here.
    Deff Rolla
    Grot Riggers
    Armour Plates

10 Flash Gitz - 370 If you want them, keep them. I'm sure you know the problems people have with this unit but I won't dissuade you from taking a unit that you want. After all, they will provide you some serious modeling opportunities. If you're on the fence though, drop them.
    More Dakka
    Painboy
    Trukk with Armour Plates

Looted Wagon – 105 Always useful in a KoS type list. Many people take them in 2's though because of how unpredictable they are. Maybe remove the unnecessary battlewagon and get a 2nd looted wagon.
    Boomgun Total: 1993
    Hope you can find some of that useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x3)

Thanks for the help dude, i'll definetely be looking over thelist now, im making some changes as we speak. The armour plates are quite expensive so I think i'll drop them.

Cheers mate
    Knight

EDIT: Updated the army list. Decided to keep the Flash Gitz and Zagstrukk because the models are cool/going to be cool.
    Last edited by Sknight; August 4th, 2009 at 01:07.

+ Reply to Thread