1k Flying Circus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Flying Circus

Made a 1k list using the Flying Circus tactic (Deep strike around with a group of Immortals and shoot things).

Comments, please.

Thanks.

Necron Lord
    Equipped with:
    Veil of Darkness
    Resurrection Orb

200pts

8 Immortals
    224pts

11 Warriors
    198pts

10 Warriors
    180pts

3 HDestroyers
    195pts

Last edited by The Green Meep; August 8th, 2009 at 22:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I'm feelin scarabs instead of one of the heavy destroyers, and maybe drop a warrior for more too. D-fields optional. Be careful with flying circus btw, it's very fun, but teleporting doesn't always go the way you want it to. Make sure you have a really good spot, and an even better target in mind before you move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed with alzer, its all in the tactics.... dont be reckless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried my first Flying Circus about a week ago, and on the first turns I got a couple lucky scatters, and kept feeling tempted to port every turn, just to keep the other guy guessing or something...
    Resist this temptation at all costs! Only use the VoD if you stand to gain a lot (contest an objective, get an important rear armor strike, clear LOS to some artillery) and you have a huge, clear landing area (I never go anywhere that looks like it's much smaller than a 16" circle (2d6, most likely roll is a 7, in any direction makes it a circle with a radius of 7", for a total of 14" wide, plus some extra room for fitting in all the models around the lord, ect.)
    In that game, I rolled about an 11" scatter straight into a building, and lost the entire unit around turn 4 I think.

In a 1K game, loosing your circus is about 1/3rd to 1/2 of your points I believe (didn't bother to do the math, but it's a lot), and your opponent doesn't have to do a thing.

As for the rest of it, for Scarabs or HDests, or whatever, it's up to how you like playing and how many tanks the other guy is taking (if you know) If you're going for a generic all-comers, I find 16 Immortal shots up the rear armor will do nasty things to most things short of a landraider, so you don't need to worry about minimal/average amounts of vehicles at this points level, and you can skip on the large amounts of anti-tank (again, unless you know that they are taking large amounts of tanks, or 'Nidzillas I guess)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically, don't teleport around too often, only doing it if you could gain something, and make sure that you have a reasonable amount of space to teleport into.

I don't think I'll be taking a D-field because I'm going up against some 'nids.

Why do you suggest Scarabs, Alzer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

tarpit purposes. Especially against nids, those scarabs can tie up one of their troop squads for ages, and might actually come out again. Plus EVERYONE has scarabs, so I don't feel guilty telling you to use them.

Otherwise, take tomb spyders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

I have to disagree with Alzer here (yes I'm doubting the master ) against nids I would advice you to not take the Immortals and take normale destroyers instead and use the VoD on the warriors. walk them up 1 turn so you can shoot then before they get to close and charge you VoD out of range and save the unit. Tyranids kill you once you get into CC and they are still in synapse.

Make sure yo use the Hdestroyers on the Synapse creatures if possible if not take out Monsterous creatures. and they normal Destroyers can just spray monsterous creatures or genestealers and with AP4 take out loads of guys every time.

What models do you all ready own?

Cheers CJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also consider dropping the 3 H. Destroyers against nids and taking 4 Destroyers. It might just be me, but my Heavy Destroyers always miss and find something more interesting to shoot, other than the big scary Hive Tyrant, like some birds, or worms on the floor....
    Destroyers will also wipe out the tyrant guards. But its up to you, 3 Strength 9 AP 2, or 12 Strength 6 AP 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

sorry to burst your bubble mate but Destroyer guns are S6 AP4! not ap3. plus the S9 makes wounding the Bigger bugs a lot easier .

Cheers CJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh
    Sorry.
    Still prefer the mass shots, not the luckiest guy around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast