500 point Eldar for Tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

500 point Eldar for Tourny

500 points for eldar is garbage but its the first tourny around here in a long time.

HQ-
    Farseer w/Doom

Troops-
    10 Storm Guardians w/ 2 Flamers
    Wave Serpeant w/ Spirt stones, TL Shuriken Cannon

5 Rangers

Heavy Support-
    Fire Prism 115

5KP , Total: 492

OR

HQ-
    Farseer w/Doom

Troops-
    Wave Serpeant w/ Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken Cannon

10 Guardian Defenders w/ Shuriken Cannon
    Wave Serpeant w/ Spirit Stones, TL EML

5 KP, Total 497

The tournament allows special characters and is all annihalation games.

Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Personally I like the first list more, at least the prism has a chance against those heavy tank that someone is bound to bring. The rangers will be tough to kill with 3+ cover saves as long as you can keep enemies away. And the stormies have pretty decent killing power, especially if the squad they are attacking has been already whittled by the prism.

Still though I doubt you stand much of a chance against 2 10 man marine squads in rhinos and a librarian...

Or even worse 2 IG vet squads in chimera a command squad and a leman russ
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

I know it. I may be just be doing space marines. If it werent just annihalation then id take the eldar cause id have speed to claim all the objectives better than the others. But I like I said if even feel like winning a game, Ill probably have to take marines.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everything cheart had to say, and definitely vote for the first list. The fire prism and the rangers should soften things up good for the stormies. Still, with annihilation being the only option and such a low-points game, it's going to be an uphill battle for sure. Best of luck man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I agree that the first list is the best choice. It feels more well rounded than the second one, and in 500 points I think the prism will do a lot of damage as long as no one gets a lucky hit and takes it out real early. Although, if you do lose the prism you'll have a tough time doing just about anything.. =/

Best of luck to you man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

I know im going to take the first list and lose every game haha. but seriously im gonna try to focus my efforts on the weakest flank. Utilizing cover everywhere. I will set the board up so that my units will have a safe path up either side of the board and will cross my fingers that my tanks dont go down first turn.

I know the IG player is gonna take a lemon russ and marbo...friggin ass.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

First list undoubtedly beats the second.

you may still have a shot, range is on your side in the first list with half of your army and you should have a better average range than your foes, for the most part. I include your storm guardians in with good range because they have a transport.

Your best shot will be to keep the rangers and prism more than 24" away, between 24 and 30 ideally to start the game from the units you want to kill. I like between 24 and 30 so you can definitely get the shots. if you can, use your range from half the army and the mobility from the other half to totally annilate half the enemies army in a turn. you may have the oppurtunity to split the enemy up (unlikely) but with a successful doom on a unit, your storms will probably own it and your other two units will have the range to clean them up.

doom is better in a small point game because your entire army will have the opportunity to benefit from it, and when you think about it you'll actually be dooming pretty much half of his army a turn, a very large portion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Yeah I am def going with the first list.

As long as there arnt any lucky rolls early in the game I should be good with the prism. (wish there was crystle targeting matrix hehe).

I am gonna playtest it tonight to see if its even any good. I get what you mean about the doom as well, I agree.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'd like to suggest a variant of the second list, just as an option.

Drop the Defender Wave Serpent and get another squad of Guardian Defenders, equip the first squad with a BL and the second with an EML. The list would then look like this:

HQ-
    Farseer w/Doom

Troops-
    Wave Serpeant w/ Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken Cannon

10 Guardian Defenders w/ Bright Lance

10 Guardian Defenders w/ EML

5 KP, Total 498 (counted in my head real quick, might be off a point or two)

Or you could give the Guardians Defenders a Scatter Laser and Shuricannon and equip your Serpent with a TL Bright Lance. This might actually seem better since you'd want that weapon TL'd, on the other hand you'd be pretty vulnerable to the crew shaken effect that would most likely occur since your Serpent will take all the fire. It would give you a bit more firepower against the Russ, on the other hand you'll probably get swatted by templates... And I still believe the first list is to be preferred.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

I dunno Eric, I don't really like the idea of the Rangers in this small of a game. I find rangers/pathfinders do really well in a target rich environment, but in 500 points you could almost certainly find better use of the points. I mean, 5 shots, on the off chance of an AP1 or Rend over 5 or 6 turns...eh, I dunno. It'll kill monstrous creatures to be sure, but actual infantry squads will shrug off the couple of wounds they take. Ultimately at this point level you don't have many choices.

<Takes on a shadowy voice>

I submit, for your approval:

5 Dire Avengers, 4+1 Exarch (no powers)
    -->Falcon - Eldar Missile Launcher, Spirit Stones

10 Storm Guardians
    --> Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones, TL Shuriken Cannons
    Farseer, /w Doom

Total comes out to 499

Reasoning:

While you'll have a weaker shot (and no blast radius on said shot), you'll have more OF them, and plus you can fire your Plasma missile on the run. All your troops stay together in a nice little armour colum, and you've got the firepower to take down anything you come across (unless SOMEONE brings a Land Raider or Monolith). In this list, your falcon tank pretty much becomes a gunship, on the move, when closing in with your Dire Avengers open up with your Pulse Laser a Plasma Missile and your Shruiken Catapults. It'll be a lot of shots flying towards your enemy, and will do a large amount of damage without even taking into consideration the Dire Avengers popping out and saying "Hello"

Just a thought. That way all your troops stay mobile, gives you good Punch, and the ability to take on everyone you come across.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast