Sharing a local tournament winner KOS list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Kej
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharing a local tournament winner KOS list

Speed Freeks
    1846/1850 Pts.

HQ

-Warboss - PK, Slugga, Warbike, Cybork, Atk Squig - 150

-Big Mek - Choppa, KFF - 85

TROOPS

-Nob Bikers (6) -Cybork Bodies, Stikkbombs - 416
    -Nob- Slugga, Choppa
    -Nob- Slugga, Choppa, Boss Pole
    -Nob- PK, Slugga
    -Nob- PK, Slugga, Boss Pole
    -Nob- Slugga, Choppa, Waaagh! Banner
    -Painboy- 'Urty Syringe, Grot Orderly

-Trukk Boyz (12) - Nob- Slugga, PK
    -Trukk- Rokkit Launcha, Reinforced Ram - 157

FAST ATTACK

-Skorcha Buggy (2) - 80

-Skorcha Buggy (2) - 80

-Skorcha Buggy (2) - 80

HEAVY

Battlewagon - Big Shoota x2, Killkannon, Grot Rigger, Reinforced Ram - 170

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is simple and repetitive. If something fails its job I still have to tools to complete the job. It hast a little trouble with Land Raider spam, but pretty much every Ork army list suffers from that issue. Anything else it can potentionally swarm and pose multiple threats at every turn. The Big Mek rides in the Battlewagon and it is used as the keystone to my assault force. It provides my trukk convoy a coversave as they push up the field. The rest of the units are self explanatory.

It is not unbeatable by any means. It is just the list that works for me and I have won 2 local tournaments with it. I continue to run it in our leaderboard campaign.

Any critiques and comments welcome.

Last edited by Kej; August 9th, 2009 at 08:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Seems pretty good. Noticed the exploited Nob Bikers squad, very effective. Seems like it would have trouble with a good Mechanized ______ list but I don't know what people run where you live.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Kej
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We run a little bit of everything.

Mech Lists give me trouble without doubt, but when playing a dedicated KoS list in the new edition, where it is pathetically represented by the rules in both the BRB and the Codex, it is a problem that you cannot escape sadly. Not being able to "Scoot and Shoot" like the KoS of old with effective twin-linked shooting devastates the dedicated KoS lists. Removing models ability to shoot from vehicles that moved over 6 inches was a bit harsh, and the lack of guntrukks with zapp guns leaves a serious lack of anti tank for any Ork not running a foot slogging list, which I refuse to run .

Like I said, it isn't unbeatable by any means but played well it can pose some serious threats to most armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I'm no expert on orks but why do people think nob bikers are so effective? 400 points, almost 25% of your army in 12 T4 wounds that will be blown off the face of the board by any army unless you get turn one.
    and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

They exploit the multiple wound unit rule, which combined with T4(5), 4+ cover, 4+ armor and Feel No Pain is immune to small arms fire. It also throws more PKs than a single unit can deal with. It's probably the hardest hitting fast unit in the game, and most guns bounce off. Everyone knows all that and will put way more resources into killing it than they need too, so a lot of your army can make it untouched.

Veteran players can usually get around it, but they're still horribly nasty. Also Troops.....*sigh*
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Meh, the presence of lots of S8+ weapons & the new psyker battle squad makes me quite intimidated to use nob bikers in a competitive environment. There are a lot of toys you can get with 416 points, but vs certain lists they can win almost by themselves.

I'm curious about the following:
    empty battlewagon - why not use the 45 points of one of your trukks to get yourself 7 more slugga boyz and toss them in the battlewagon? There are times that I am very grateful to charge with a big squad and have that extra boy cushion. Granted, I see the killkannon in there so maybe you just hang back with the battlewagon all game, but I'd be afraid you'd lose cover to your trukks after the first turn, especially on spearhead missions vs shooty lists.

skorchas - With all of the boyz you have available, wouldn't it be to your advantage to pick up something that's anti-tank instead of even more anti-infantry and go with the TL-rokkits instead?

Consider my points alternatives, they are not a knock on what you've got. I can definitely see how this list can be effective, especially if you get the right matchups.

Kej
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make some valid points on the TL rokkits. The problem I find with them is that they are only moderate tank busting at best considering the Str 8. It is decent and would definitely work against some armies. I will have to try some in my next list.

As far as the Battlewagon, it holds my KFF, and if I am ever in the need of a more sturdy transport I can place a unit of boyz in it, although I rarely ever trade off the speed for the survivability.

It is the anchor to my trukk line. It moves 6 and shoots its Kannon and provides the cover save to my trukks to help them actually reach their target.

I don't give up the trukk and spare boyz because a battlewagon, built as a support tank, can never perform the job the trukk can, and it it is built for the job of a trukk, and not spammed, then I feel it is a waste of points.

Remember, I have a classic KoS list here . This isn't a min max list. In fact boyz in trukks en masse is rather weak with the new rules. The modern "competitive" edge lies in the hands of the Nob Bikers. I have them there to give some punch where punch is needed. I use them as a sugical tool, although it is rather more reminiscent of a sledgehammer. Then the trukks hit the lines on turn 2 to 3.

The Skorcha buggies I tend to perfer for when I face horde armies, or even hitting troops trying to score on an objective. You can say what you want but 6 heavy flamers are no joke .
    Last edited by Kej; August 10th, 2009 at 07:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the burna buggies do make sence.. i mean we are talking an all commers torny list here. when fighting an ork / nid hord or a gaurd troop list those burnas are going to kill a lot of stuff and and very cost effective.

as a pure speed freaks list its very good.. if it was me i would try to get a boom waggon in there somewhere.. just so you can take down heavy troops and sofen things up a little before the boyz get in..

still nice one a very fast and killy list. the best thing is if your going to lose your going to know about it around turn two!

Kej
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to run Boom Wagons, as their gun is pathetic and their armor is even more so. It is a terrible unit as it . You can find my opinions on it buried in the Ork forum. If they were a 1-3 Choice per heavy then definitely; however, just one is a waste .

About knowing if you are gonna win or lose you are 100% sure my friend .

The list is so frail and one-dimensional since the one-two punch combo of the new codex and 5th that it is a one trick pony. I miss the diversity of the old list. Hopefully GW will do something to represent the klans down the road, however doubtful it may be i can still hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

GW couldn't care less about Klans and such. They got rid of Craftworld armies which makes Eldar a boring army in my opinion. They got rid of Doctrines, Chapter Traits and the Chaos lists for Word Bearers etc. and even the god specific armies. They love to butcher their own Codexes diversity.

I'm sure you can argue "well you can still kind of make those armies still." Not good enough. Just cause I can run Eldar Snipers are Troops or run all Nurgle at my discretion is not the same thing.

I do feel your pain.

+ Reply to Thread