1500 pts Jetseer/Mech Eldar list, trying something a bit different - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Jetseer/Mech Eldar list, trying something a bit different

Farseer
    -Bike
    -Fortune
    -Rune of Warding

6 Warlocks
    -Bikes
    -Embolden
    -Enhance
    -4 Destructor

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Stones
    -Bright Lance

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Stones
    -Bright Lance

5 Pathfinders

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Ok so this isn't that different to the last list I posted here, but I'm hoping the addition of theseer council will make it virtually unstoppable. What does everyone think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my biggest concern is that while the seer council are a beastly unit all around, the fact that they are the only non tank visible for most of the game, they might absorb too much fire and die quickly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks fine to me. the council can absorb a huge amount of damage, especially ona turbo-boost or vs ap4 or worse weapons (bloters, shurikens, lasguns etc) a rerollable 3up is brilliant.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

First, I am glad you changed your mind regarding DA exarches.

Second, the only problem I have with seer councils on bikes is that you have to convert everything.

Third, the list looks fine. Just make sure to turbo boost alot. The turn you forget to fortune is the turn you lose half your seer council.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, love the seer council, just a few words of advice.

Embolden runs great with the farseer making sure you pop fortune, however enhance really doesn't pull it's weight compared to another destructor. The last thing you want is this unit bogged down in combat with some space marine squad that it didn't take out in the first swipe by unlucky rolls.

Doom is NECESSARY with this list. I have to say I love the look of it, and have been playing around with a 1000 point similar list myself, but without doom your bladestorms can't be uber affective vs 3+ saves and your seer council is less effective.

@pathfinders, why get em? if you're going mech they don't fit in the list and don't seem to have a solid roll other than plopping them on your objective. instead, replace them with a jetbike squad of 5 with a cannon. I'd do this because your opponent has much more to worry about than those, and the cannon can really pop some light armor. Just turbo boost them back onto your objective when alls said and done.

@prisms, would absolutely love to see holo fields on one so you can leave one in a good firing lane without worrying about the thing getting blown, but my only idea would be hashing the pathfinder points completely to make room. (actually I like that one better than the switch to guardian jetbikes but it's your preference)

@all tanks, take the shuriken cannon upgrade. cheap for what it is... a lot of light armor popping capability and some good shots on normal stuff. Also gives your prisms a much better use when the innevitable weapon destroyed happens ever once in a while.

lastly, @transports, they're great, but you've got three fireprisms... for heavens sake take off the bright lances and give them scatter lasers or starcannons (depending on if you face hordes or mechs more often) saves some of the points towards the necessary doom.

The summary of all this is: Drop rangers, get holofields on one or two prisms, loose the brightlances for something else, get cannons for everyone, loose enhance for another destructor (with a doomed target enhance is hardly necessary), GET DOOM.. and stones so you can use both each turn. Great list though! forming up to be a winner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here's the updated version, I've decided to keep the Pathfinders because they are far more survivable with their 2+ Cover Save than Jetbikes. I added Singing Spears for popping tanks, and Doom on the Farseer for Fun times .
    I think the Seer COuncil will be more effective now, without Enhance which was kinda a dead weight.

Farseer
    -Bike
    -Fortune
    -Doom
    -Rune of Warding
    -Singing Spear
    -Spirit Stones
    5 Warlocks
    -Bikes
    -Embolden
    -4 Destructor
    -5 Singing Spears

9 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -Bright Lance

9 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -Bright Lance

5 Pathfinders

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

total: 1498

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still love the list, but you still need to put holofields on one of your prisms. All those prisms at 1500 will get shred to pieces with 12 armor. just drop bright lances on at least one of your serpents for a scatter laser, which would really help this list, and drop the spears from the locks to get the holofields. The idea of spears is great, but this list doesn't need them. You have three prisms... I'll say it again but that's a lot of sheer firepower to pop anything let alone a land raider or two. Unless you're facing deathwing you shouldn't see that many, and you'll still hit imperial guard tanks fine.

After you have holofields drop the bright lances on your other serpent for a scatter laser, and use those 20 points for shuriken cannons... understand you'd be taking your 1 str8 shot to 7 str6 shots. That way you DON'T have to send your prisms at troops. You have TWO sets of dire avengers, your seer council, and two troop killing machines. Then you have three prisms one that will survive a bunch on the way to take out enemy HEAVY armor. Don't under estimate a lot of str 6 shots though. Play right, hit the side or back armor, and they'll just rip through any armor below 12 and damage armor 12.

The list is in it's final stages, looking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, I'm totally agreeing on the swap from BLs to SLs and SCs, much more points efficient and effective .

I have 2 almost identical lists, one with the Holo Fields that you love oh so much and one without. The reason for this is I'm not the hugest fan of Holo Fields on Prisms. While I agree it makes them harder to kill, it also makes it more likely to be unable to shoot, whereas on 1 dice you're more likely to get immobolised, which IMO is the best results for a prism. Anywho, here goes

List 1
    Farseer
    -Bike
    -Fortune
    -Doom
    -Rune of Warding
    -Spirit Stones
    5 Warlocks
    -Bikes
    -Embolden
    -4 Destructor

9 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -Scatter Laser
    -Shuriken Cannon

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -Scatter Laser
    -Shuriken Cannon

5 Pathfinders

Fire Prism
    -Holo Fields

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

total: 1497

List 2
    Farseer
    -Bike
    -Fortune
    -Doom
    -Rune of Warding
    -Spirit Stones
    5 Warlocks
    -Bikes
    -Embolden
    -4 Destructor

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -Scatter Laser
    -Shuriken Cannon

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch
    -Dual Catapults
    -Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    -Spirit Stones
    -Scatter Laser
    -Shuriken Cannon

6 Pathfinders

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

total: 1498

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: didn't see the first list changed too.

I'd go with list 1
    let us know how the first few games go
    good luck
    Last edited by Speed; August 13th, 2009 at 17:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kloma View Post
    looks fine to me. the council can absorb a huge amount of damage, especially ona turbo-boost or vs ap4 or worse weapons (bloters, shurikens, lasguns etc) a rerollable 3up is brilliant.
    just keep in mind that you can't turbo boost with your seer council if your farseer has cast fortune that turn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast