Help needed for creating 1500 point army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed for creating 1500 point army!

Hey guys, I just joined the forum after searching it for a while and I figured you could all help me in creating a very fun and playable (as well as good) Eldar 1500 point army. There are many ways I could go but I am not starting from scratch so I'm not quite sure where to go next in order to make a good army. I will mainly be battling Imperial Guard which is my brother's army, and this is what I have so far.

Troops: Guardians (16) + bright lance weapon platform=158 points

Rangers (5)= 95 points

Heavy Support: Fire Prism=115 points
    Dark Reapers (3) =117 points

HQ: Warlocks (6) – 25 points/model =150
    Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra – 195 points

Total Points= 830 (905 or so with spells added)

This total has been made without spells being given to the warlocks, which I will take into effect before I battle as I will probably change them from battle to battle. I am also thinking I will throw one warlock in with the guardian squad to disperse some of the strength that a warlock squad possesses.

Any tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am still contemplating my next few additions to this army. Thanks a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIRE AVENGERS are better than guardians, try and get as many full squads of 10 in as possible all with bladestorm, will make it a good at killing stuff, jetbikes 4 speed, if you get a farseer, then you can have the farseer and warlocks in a squad, striking scorps(w.infiltrate rule) are nice 4 taking out guard, wave serpant, so you could load a squad of dire avengers and then unload and fire, rangers to pathfinders also
    Hive Fleet Centycore W:1 D:0 L:0

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*thread moved to the army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john15 View Post
    Troops: Guardians (16) + bright lance weapon platform=158 points

Rangers (5)= 95 points
    Get four extra guardians and have 2 squads of 10, each with a scatter laser or shuriken cannon. Guardians should be using multi-shot weapons, as they have such a low BS. I'd also suggest giving each squad a Warlock with Embolden or Conceal to increase their survivability. These should move to cover or objectives in the first turn or two and take shots at any squads that you'd like to thin out.

Also, I'd like to see those rangers upgraded to pathfinders. They're much more effective.

I also tend to agree that Dire Avengers would be quite effective against IG.

Heavy Support: Fire Prism=115 points
    Dark Reapers (3) =117 points
    The Dark Reapers are more suited to fighting Marines than Guard. I'd lose these and pick up a squadron of War Walkers with Scatterlasers. Either that, or possibly a second Prism.

HQ: Warlocks (6) – 25 points/model =150
    Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra – 195 points
    In order to take warlocks, you need a Farseer. I'd suggest investing in a guide/doom farseer. Guide the war walkers and doom a squad of choice every turn.

Maugan Ra could prove useful against guard if depolyed correctly. In this case, I guess I would take a squad of 3 Dark Reapers for him to lead, but I'd include an Exarch with Fast Shot and a Tempest Launcher.

Striking Scorpions are very effective against Guard.

I'd also take some Warp Spiders and/or Swooping Hawks. Warp Spiders are highly mobile and have high strength Death Spinners which can devastate IG. Swooping Hawks can take advantage of Skyleap and their Granade Packs.

Jetbikes could also help out as a highly mobile troop choice for taking objectives.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well lets work with what you have right now. Seeing as you're playing against your brother, I doubt he'd mind you proxying figures? (proxy if you don't know the term is using models you have as models you don't.) I would prefer Dire avengers to guardians, and you could use them either way, but if you do choose guardians, I agree that multishot weps are their friend.

The Dark reapers I wouldn't really suggest, because of previously mentioned comments, but could be used as proxys.

I'd use maugan ra or a couple of warlocks as Doom or Doom and Fortune farseers on foot to put with the dire avengers (if you decide to use those) And waveserpents are your friend. Mech eldar is becoming more and more popular because of that really nice speed they can give off. In 1500 points I'd suggest 2 wave serpents will get you going good.

So my main points are:
    -use the guardians as dire avengers (groups of 10 with exarch, dual catapults, and bladestom)
    -use two of the warlocks as farseers with doom (and spirit stones+fortune if you have the points)
    -get two waveserpents for those two groups and seers
    -and then invest in striking scorpians, or warpspiders, or war walkers, or another fire prism.

See where that takes you pointswise, I think it should bring you somewhere close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it and it all helps. I actually did have a farseer I just forgot to put it in there. As for the proxy idea, it could be helpful in some aspects but I would like to keep most of my army legitimate so on that note, here are some adjustments and additions I have made. I now have two guardian squads of 10 each with a platform which I will change what it is from battle to battle (like a proxy). I got 10 dire avengers with an exarch that has a shimmer shield and bladestorm. I still have plenty of points left and I am definitely getting striking scorpions and at least one wave serpent, but I am still trying to decide what fast attack unit to get. I am contemplating either 3 shining spears or a unit of swooping hawks. Not to say I can't get both, but for now I am not really sure which one should take priority. With the additions of the 4 guardians and dire avengers as well as spells for warlocks/farseer my army is now around 1159 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for Swooping Hawks. Personally, i don't think Shining Spears are very effective. But, ultimately, it's up to you.
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

+ Reply to Thread