[1850] The Aggressive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

[1850] The Aggressive List

So I made up a new variant to my normal tournament list (http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ment-list.html). I ended up playtesting this yesterday after I made it earlier in the day, went against Necrons, and had them phased out by the top of the 3rd turn. If anyone can notice any change possibilities let me know, as always it's hard to critique my own builds because it all seems so perfect

--note: this is not a "for fun" list, it is meant for tournaments. Dare you use this as inspiration to your own list, you may not find making new friends easy with this.--

( 635 )
    Eldrad
    Yriel
    3x Warlocks
    inc. enhance, embolden
    Wave Serpent
    inc. T-L EML, shuri-cannon, star engines, vectored engines, spirit stones

( 330 )
    8x Banshees
    inc. Exarch with mirrorswords
    Wave Serpent
    inc. T-L Bright Lance, star engines, vectored engines, spirit stones

( 120 )
    5x Pathfinders

( 205 )
    5x Dire Avengers
    Wave Serpent
    inc. T-L Bright Lance, spirit stones

( 205 )
    5x Dire Avengers
    Wave Serpent
    inc. T-L Bright Lance, spirit stones

( 375 )
    Fire Prism
    Fire Prism
    Fire Prism

total: 1840

~ I'm considering upgrading to 3 singing spears on the warlocks, but it partially would contradict what the squad could do so I'm not completely sure I want to do that. If they're the ones going after a tank than I can't assault the squad inside, and the last thing I want is this squad to stand idle.

~ I'll be playing a slight variant of this today, swapping out the 8x Banshees for 6x Dragons in the same serpent, and 5x basic rangers to fill out 4 troops for objective maps. I'll post results later.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticism? Compliments?

Last edited by Emp.; August 14th, 2009 at 14:56.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Just a quick comment:

I suggest that you make all of your waveserpents armed the exact same way. This way you do not need to declare which serpent has which squad and your opponent won't necessarily know where your council/banshees are. For instance, make all of your serpent TL BL, and spirit stones. Or at least make the banshee one and the council one the same, so your opponent doesn't always just pop the council one first then set about shooting your 500 point squad to pieces. Because I know that if I were fighting you, that is probably the first thing I would do.

All in all though it seems like a pretty scary list, one that I would not like to play against any time in the near future!
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have to declare which serpent holds what ever? I didn't think you had to, just that you have to have it designated atleast for yourself before the battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

It depends. You have to show your army list to your opponent, so if the serpent for a squad is armed differently then you other ones then your opponent is obviously going to know which squad is in the serpent. This count for anything, be it vecotered engines, spirit stones, and obviously weapons. This is so your opponent knows whats actually on each vehicle (ie you don't just surprise him with "oh yea that serpent is the one with spirit stones" right after he stuns it).

However, from my understanding of the rules (and this seems to be the way most people play it) if you have the squads in each serpent which are identical then you don't have to declare to your opponent which squad is in which, as your army list doesn't give it away. Rather you just have to somehow mark which squad is in which, like write it down on a piece of paper. Again, this is a good way to prevent your enemy from targetting your good squad's transports first then taking out the DA's transports later as they are not as big of a threat to most armies.
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I've considered swapping out the Council's serpent for a DAs serpent, this way 1 DA is in the EML and the other 3 are in BLs, either way though in a tournament the ICs would have to be told upon request which transport they are in though. GW is really anti-secrecy when it comes to competative matches because it can place an unfair advantage. Although realistically it's not like the models would know what's in the tank they're attacking anyways....State of the game though, it is what it is

From the matches I've played with this though, a lot of people will automatically go for the 2 closest ones because they feel it's going to be the closest threat. So far only the Banshee tank has been popped once, the council's serpent has never been dropped. I went against a duel necron and tau force yesterday, granted he would have had more models alone so the result would be slightly differend, but I ended up completely phasing out the Necron army by my assault phase turn 2. The Banshees were able to wipe a full squad, while the council wiped it's own squad, and I dropped the Necron lord near them from shooting so he couldnt get WBBs, plus I T-L'd the 2 prisms and immobilised his Monolith first turn so he lost quite a bit of mobility. I have another tournament coming up August 30th, 1750, so I'll be reworking a list similar to this possibly. During early next week I've been challenged by this Tau kid, 1850, he wants to go against this list so that'll be interesting considering he knows my list but I don't know his ^_^ , he promised he won't tailor to me he wants to use his tourney list as well, so I'll let you know how it goes.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

+ Reply to Thread