2500 pt Tyranid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

2500 pt Tyranid Army

The point of this army is to have 1/2 of the army on reserve, and the army on the board will be a shooty/survive army. Then on the later turns, the melee portion of the army arrives via outflank or deepstrike (ala lictors). The carni's are meant to be flexible. They support the shooty team in the beginning, but still have stuff to switch over to the melee mode later in the fight.

Broodlord (106pts) (with retinue, similar to the other genestealers, except w/o scuttler. total of 297)
    Acid Maw, Toxin Sacs, Extended Carapace, Scything Talons

Hive Tyrant (222 pts) (plus 3 guards for 135 pts)
    Acid maw, Adrenal Glands (+WS, +I), Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, Lash&Whip, Barbed Strangler, Catalyst

Lictor x3 (240 pts)

Warriors (246 pts) (2 Squads of 3)
    x2 Venom Cannons, x2 Barbed Stranglers, x2 Death Spitters, Toxin Sacs, Enhanced Senses

26 Genestealers (27 pts each) (3 squads, two 9 man squads, one 8 man squad)
    Implanting Attack, Scuttlers, Acid Maw, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons

Heavy Support:
    2 Carnifex (213 pts each) (for a total of 426)
    Acid Maw, Adrenal Glands(WS+, I+), Tail Weapon, Bonded Exo, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Regenerate, Toxic Miasma, Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler

Final Total: 2496 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements

Talent, Oregon, United States
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

8 (x1)

Strength of the Swarm

First off warriors can only have one heavy. I recommend The BS . Also with the BS drop the senses. Give the GS Retinue flesh hooks. It is pretty embarrassing Having guardsmen off GS. Drop allot of the fluff on the Fexes. If they are shooty you don't need h2h upgraddes (that is 2 d's for a double dose of that pimping) that should free up a considerable amount of points. Maybe drop a lictor too. GS are soft targets even in cover. I have found that giving the enemy a variety of targets to shoot at is good (I love my guants for this reason. They see 30-40 of um on the board they don't want that many in combat so they shoot them. I have a saying, "No, please anything but my guants."

+ Reply to Thread