Librarium Online Forums banner

2k Swarm List

348 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  war888 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright here's my first attempt at a 2k point list!Suggestions appreciated!

HQ:

Hive Tyrant-139 Points

Lash Whip & Bone Sword

Scything Talons

Extended Carapace

Adrenal Glands (WS)

Toxin Sacs

Warp Blast

2 Gaurds-90 points

Troops:

32 Hormagaunts-416 Points

Adrenal Glands (I)

Toxin Sacs

32 Hormagaunts-416 Points

Adrenal Glands (I)

Toxin Sacs

32 Gaunts-192 Points

Fleshborers

32 Gaunts-192 Points

Fleshborers

Elites:

2 Lictors-160 Points

Carnifex-111 Points

Toxin Sacs

Adrenal Glands (WS)

Sything Talons

Sything Talons

Heavy Support:

3 Zoanthropes-175 Points

Synapse Creature

Warp Blast
(one with just synapse)
Carnifex-173 Points

Toxin Sacs

Scything Talons

Crushing Claws

Bonded Exoskeleton

Tusked

Reinforced Chitin

Adrenal Glands (WS)

Total Infantry:138
Total Points: 1994

Suggestions are really appreciated!

See less See more
#4 ·
I've always figured Scything talons over Lash whip and Bone sword personally. Removing enemy attacks and getting attacks even if you die is less effective when most of your army goes first anyway, or just won't die before getting to strike back.

Also on a CC fex I tend to disreguard the Toxin sacs, they hardly ever need S10 over S9 in close combat. Only wraithlord, C'tan and Monolith would worry about that too much. They wound everything else on a 2+ and get 2d6 extra pen against vehicles anyway.

Other than that. I really like your list. It's good to see a swarm close combat list for Tyranids.

#5 ·
Thanks Alzer, what you said helped out aot, my Hive tryrant will have 2 sets of talons instead of bonesword and lash whip. I was actually thinking about losing the elite carnifex and getting some warriors to keep the swarm theme going... Suggestions? The thing about toxin sacs is, well i dont like to admit it, but it is very reassuring to see S/10, and i will be fighting eldar wraithlord maybe avatar.... the last thing i was wondering about is synapse does everything in your whole army need to be near synapse or just troops?

#6 ·
Carnifexs are Fearless and Lictors are too so they dont need it. Hive tyrants and warriors and in in this case your zoanthropes are all synapse creatures so they dont need it. The only things that do need it are your hormies and gaunts.

As it is you have 3 synapse units and 4 units that need synapse so you're net is pretty small for 2000 points. Maybe drop one tyrant guard in favour of another zoan with just synapse? Because if you lose say both zoans by turn 3 then all your gaunts will be relying on your one tyrant for leadership.
Just a suggestion though.

On a side note I'd keep the fex over some warriors. The fex is your anti tank friend and i know you're tryna run a swarm but you do need anti tank and Warp blast is just not reliable enough for the job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.