newb's 1750 necron list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

newb's 1750 necron list

Hi guys, I'm new to both warhammer 40k and necrons, and im trying to make a good list and to receive some suggestions from you veterans out there.

my list is:
    HQ
    Lord, Destroyer Body, Warscythe, Lightning field
    Lord, Res Orb

ELITE
    Immortals x 6

TROOPS
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10

FAST ATTACK
    Destroyers x3
    Destroyers x3
    Scarabs x7 - probably attached with the destroyer lord

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Tomb Spyders x2
    Monolith x1
    Total= 1742

tactics would be basically the warriors and immortals continuously firing with the tomb spyders protecting the flanks and the res orb lord in the middle keeping everyone alive hopefully. the destroyers can flank the enemy and the destroyer lord and the scarabs can attack together (think its called bug zapper or something?)

what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lorenweng View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to both warhammer 40k and necrons, and im trying to make a good list and to receive some suggestions from you veterans out there.

my list is:
    HQ
    Lord, Destroyer Body, Warscythe, Lightning field

I'd drop the field, if he gets assaulted by the wrong thing he's dead anyways. Save points.

Lord, Res Orb

Aces

ELITE
    Immortals x 6

Not a personal fan of these. They do add to Phase Out which is good but they're pricey. Also, if they all die at once they can't attempt a WBB roll, as there isn't a model of the same type alive with...I think it's 6". I could be wrong there but that's how the rule reads, don't have the errata though.

TROOPS
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10

These are fine.

FAST ATTACK
    Destroyers x3
    Destroyers x3

Good units, lots of shots and 2 units so they can get back up.

Scarabs x7 - probably attached with the destroyer lord

I'm a huge Scarab fan. People underestimate how much they can tie things up. I might even spring for the DFields, poses a threat to tanks with so many Attacks.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Tomb Spyders x2

These are kind of useless in your army except they allow the Destroyers to split up and still do WBB if the Spyder is close enough to them. They don't help your Immortals. I'd drop these for points and just keep the Destroyers close, or get more.

Monolith x1

Of course.

Total= 1742

Either drop the Immortals, or add another squad. I'd drop them for more Destroyers, they're simply fantastic. If you have points, consider a Veil of Darkness on the slogging Lord. It's a very underused piece of wargear I feel. At the worst, it lets you grab or deny an objective last minute. At best, you can pull out of CC letting you Rapid Fire the enemy to dirt. You have to be careful not to leave your other Warriors un-attended if you use it, but not every army has Battlecannons.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a nice list. The only problem i've got with it is the immortals. You are gonna need another squad of them unless you're going for a flying circus build. So, either drop your bugzapper for more immortals or drop your immortals for more destroyers.

Spyders are great for supporting destroyers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok after looking around some more ive found that most lists dont include tomb spyders, so going on with the suggestions, if i drop the tomb spyders and the immortals, then i could either:

add in another squad of 10 warriors and also boost each destroyer squad up to 4 each, then deciding whether or not to drop the lightning and add another 2 scarabs
    or
    add in another monolith and probably boost that scarab up to 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Hmmm those are both pretty good ideas. I'd def drop that Lightning Field either way. You aren't light on Troops, but Phasing you out with that many Necrons would be a pain. Also more Destroyers is always good.

On the other hand Monoliths are imposing and can draw a lot of attention from players that don't know to ignore them. Of course if they do know to ignore them, you could be in trouble.

I'd go with the first option. One Monolith will last all game against most armies and a lot of people know to ignore it. The harder you are to Phase Out the better, and you have more Gauss to hurt vehicles with.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Welcome to the Tomb lorenweng!

I'm feelin to loost the immortals, add two destroyers (one too each squad) and the VoD Prince referred too. Tomb spyders are wonderfully handy to have around and they would really add some counter-assault to this list alongside the Destroyer Lord and his scarabs. By the way the lightening field + scarab set up should prove wonderfully effective, especially against hordes, which we need some help against.

On Immortals, 10 is the minimum you should be taking (split squads or not). They work really well when you have a nice number of them, but unless you're running 1k-1250 games 6 won't be enough for them to really shine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Yes, someone else recommending the VoD. Why don't more people use that thing? It's amazing! The Tactical options alone I'd kill for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright heres the new list i drew up from you guys's comments

HQ
    Lord, Destroyer Body, Warscythe, Lightning field, phase shifter/nightmare shroud, phylactery
    Lord, Res Orb, VoD

TROOPS
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10

FAST ATTACK
    Destroyers x4
    Destroyers x4
    Scarabs x10 w/ disruption field

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Monolith x1
    Total= 1745

what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Prince, mostly because it's really depressing to watch a squad get destroyed by mishap, especially a squad that expensive. I've watched nearly 500pt squads disappear with a couple bad rolls, and the enemy didn't have to lift a finger. Also removing the res-orb support from your other warriors can leave them very vulnerable. And it's usually not possible to teleport OUT of combat in 5ed, since Necron squads rarely live past an enemy charge anyway. Then again it IS a really fun piece of wargear, especially with immortals.

lorenweng, I think that list looks pretty awesome. If a tad light on counter-assault. Gotta really make sure you focus fire your opponent apart before they can hit your lines.
    Last edited by Alzer; August 23rd, 2009 at 18:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lorenweng View Post
    HQ
    Lord, Destroyer Body, Warscythe, Lightning field, phase shifter/nightmare shroud, phylactery
    Lord, Res Orb, VoD

TROOPS
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10
    Warriors x 10

FAST ATTACK
    Destroyers x4
    Destroyers x4
    Scarabs x10 w/ disruption field

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Monolith x1
    Total= 1745
    All I'd remove is the Phylactery and possibly the Nightmare Shroud. He has to assault what he shoots, so why would he want them to run? Phylactery is rarely going to do much. especially since he's faaaaaaaar from a Res Orb. I don't really know what you'd do with those points though.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast