[1500] Little help with this list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Little help with this list.

Hi all, i'm starting to play 40k and i would like to make a good eldar army. i made this list with almost all the models that i like the most but i'm not sure about his competitivity... i don't have to win a tournament but i don't want an useless list

HQ

Farseer 130pt
    doom, fortune, spirit stone.

ELITES

8x Harlequine Troupe 222pt
    7 kiss, troupe master(power wepon), shadowseer.

TROOPS

10x Wraithguard 399pt
    warlock, conceal, spiritseer, enhance, singing spear.

10x Dire Avenger 152pt
    Exarch, two shuriken catapults, bladestorm.
    1x Wave Serpent 130pt
    spirit stone, EML.

HEAVY SUPPORT

WraithLord 155pt
    brigth lance, Eldar missile launcher.

WraithLord 155pt
    brigth lance, Eldar missile launcher.

(yes i love wraitguard and wraithlord )

In my mind the tactic is easy: wraithguards + wraitlords + seer + avatar stay in the center with the avatar ready to counterstrike in CC and the seer that use fortune to save my ass and doom on the DA target. harlequins stay on a flank ready for action.

I think this is a solid formation, i have a lot of things with hige tougheness realy hard to kill. Avatar and harlequin can help in CC and i think to have enougth anti tank and anti horde fire.

BTW I'm a noob of 40k so i'm not sure if this list is good or not. pleas give me some advice..

tnx to all.

Last edited by azazek; August 31st, 2009 at 09:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

your problems will be on resilient armies and fast ones. only 1 tank, low number of offensive dices...but is a fun list tbh
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

take out the DA and the wave serpent for another squad of wraith guard

you know you want to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelter Skelter View Post
    take out the DA and the wave serpent for another squad of wraith guard

you know you want to
    LOL

i can drop them, 1 harlequin and 1 wraithlord for anoter wratiguard squad and a falcon (to transport the harlequin)... but i'm not sure if this will make the list more efficent or not...

any advice?

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

The Harlequin's Troupe Master has a Power Weapon (or Harlequin's Kiss), not a Force Weapon.

It's my opinion that Runes of witnessings are superfluous, you should usually fail only once per games if even that against leadership 10. If you really wanna be sure to not fail i would suggest getting an enhance warlock instead of concel. would have to keep the Wraithguards behind something(s) to get them cover tho. Harlequin's and Wraithlord's maybe?

Singing Spears would be better on Wraithguard's Spirit Seers, it's not like you should ever allow the squad to get CCed and if it happens 1 more witchblade attack won't change much if anything... And at least singing spears might do something compared to the shuriken pistol.

I personnally prefer to put EML on Wave Serpents, as good against anything not Av13+, better against most infantry, longer range and more importantly it pick far less aggro than brightlances... and Hey, it's cheaper.

Provided you get in range with the Wraithlords and Wraithguards, you won't even realise you have one less brightlance... if you need more anti-Land Raider, get fusion pistols on those harlequins.

Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    The Harlequin's Troupe Master has a Power Weapon (or Harlequin's Kiss), not a Force Weapon.

It's my opinion that Runes of witnessings are superfluous, you should usually fail only once per games if even that against leadership 10. If you really wanna be sure to not fail i would suggest getting an enhance warlock instead of concel. would have to keep the Wraithguards behind something(s) to get them cover tho. Harlequin's and Wraithlord's maybe?

Singing Spears would be better on Wraithguard's Spirit Seers, it's not like you should ever allow the squad to get CCed and if it happens 1 more witchblade attack won't change much if anything... And at least singing spears might do something compared to the shuriken pistol.

I personnally prefer to put EML on Wave Serpents, as good against anything not Av13+, better against most infantry, longer range and more importantly it pick far less aggro than brightlances... and Hey, it's cheaper.

Provided you get in range with the Wraithlords and Wraithguards, you won't even realise you have one less brightlance... if you need more anti-Land Raider, get fusion pistols on those harlequins.

Just my 2 cents.

Of course he have the power weapon (sorry for the error). Yes i'm nost sure about wich equip to give to my army... probably the EML is better and with this points i can ad 1 harlequin.

btw can i give the kiss to the shadowseer? i think yes but i'm not sure.

i changed the list, any more advise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It's my opinion that Runes of witnessings are superfluous, you should usually fail only once per games if even that against leadership 10."

I used to think this until I failed a doom test just when my banchees charged in! at strength 3 it almost made them useless!! and made them a total waste of points! Now I ALWAYS have the extra dice roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    I used to think this until I failed a doom test just when my banchees charged in! at strength 3 it almost made them useless!! and made them a total waste of points! Now I ALWAYS have the extra dice roll.
    This is not a good way of thinking. Sure, those points from the stones might help you in one out of every 10 games, but are a waste in the other 9. If you spend them on something else, those points will always be useful.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    This is not a good way of thinking. Sure, those points from the stones might help you in one out of every 10 games, but are a waste in the other 9. If you spend them on something else, those points will always be useful.
    I disagree. It's like saying don't spend 10 points on a spirit stone for the Serpent, it does not always get used but most serpents are taken with one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    I disagree. It's like saying don't spend 10 points on a spirit stone for the Serpent, it does not always get used but most serpents are taken with one!
    The difference is a Serpent that can't move is utterly useless. A failed power means the unit is less effective. 10 Banshees without Doom kill 5 MEQs on average, and with Doom they kill 8-9. Sure, 8-9 is better, but 5 is also good.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast