1000 points doubles tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

1000 points doubles tournament

Eldrad - 210

Fire Dragons - 96
    x6

Wave Serpent - 135
    TL Shuricannon, Shuricannon upgrade;
    Star Engines, Spirit Stones;

Pathfinders - 120
    x5

Guardian Jet Bikes - 76
    x3
    Shuricannon;

War Walkers - 160
    x3 /w dual Scatter Lasers

War Walkers - 160
    x3 /w dual Scatter Lasers

997 points

This list has worked miracles for me this weekend, the only down side is lack of troops;
    Jet bikes always come in from reserves, hopefully towards the end of the game (i realize that their number is too small but i dont have any points laying around to boost them up to 5 or 6), while rangers shoot away from their firing position trying to pin someone or cause some MC or IC to take cover saves;
    War walkers average (with guide) 15 forced saves per squad, an incredible tool against almost anything, they do perform decent even against MCs and light tanks.
    Dragons with eldrad are absolute beasts when it comes down to destroying tanks and MCs alike.

Please leave your comments, I will gratly appreciate it.

Cheers

PS
    This is a list of my partner:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1540027

Last edited by WhiteRussian; September 1st, 2009 at 12:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Looks okay, I think taking Eldrad in a doubles tournament is a good idea as his augment powers will be good regardless of which race you join up with. I have 2 concerns with the army. First, as you mentioned, is the lack of troops. Anything that ignores cover saves will take out the pathfinders, and anything at all will take out the bikes. The second concern is the fact that all of your anti-tank is riding in one wave-serpent, so if your opponent can shoot that down your army's threat level decreases significantly. With Eldrad you'll be able to fortune it, so it will be pretty survivable, but one lucky shot and you're in trouble. It would be nice to see this spread around a little, I don't really know how you'd achieve that though.

A small logic error, you say that warwalkers with guide (ie with eldrad) are a good combo and dragons with eldrad are a good combo, and I won't argue you there. Unfortunately you only have one eldrad though and I doubt your dragons and warwalkers will be in the same vicinity for most of the battle. So either don't count on getting 15 forced saves per turn (it will still be 10, which is decent) or don't count on having your dragons augmented.

My opinion is that if you get paired with a hardy, troop heavy army (like a good tactical marine army) then you should be fine, but if you get paired with a flimsy army such as your own I wouldn't count on winning.
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your opponent doesn't mind you using eldar powers on team mates, then this list is great. Just make sure he has a well rounded list (maybe slightly more AT than you) and it should work wonders.

I think the plan is to guide war walkers, and some other unit, and fortune up the serpent right before hoping in and taking off, so at least for first turn the war walkers get guide, as well as a leman russ? pretty things...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by cheart View Post
    Looks okay, I think taking Eldrad in a doubles tournament is a good idea as his augment powers will be good regardless of which race you join up with. I have 2 concerns with the army. First, as you mentioned, is the lack of troops. Anything that ignores cover saves will take out the pathfinders, and anything at all will take out the bikes. The second concern is the fact that all of your anti-tank is riding in one wave-serpent, so if your opponent can shoot that down your army's threat level decreases significantly. With Eldrad you'll be able to fortune it, so it will be pretty survivable, but one lucky shot and you're in trouble. It would be nice to see this spread around a little, I don't really know how you'd achieve that though.

A small logic error, you say that warwalkers with guide (ie with eldrad) are a good combo and dragons with eldrad are a good combo, and I won't argue you there. Unfortunately you only have one eldrad though and I doubt your dragons and warwalkers will be in the same vicinity for most of the battle. So either don't count on getting 15 forced saves per turn (it will still be 10, which is decent) or don't count on having your dragons augmented.

My opinion is that if you get paired with a hardy, troop heavy army (like a good tactical marine army) then you should be fine, but if you get paired with a flimsy army such as your own I wouldn't count on winning.
    One thing I did not mention is that I am pairing usually with an ork buddy. He has two battle wagons with lots and lots of boyz willing to get stuck in.
    About the eldrad's power distribution: he sits back in his serpent for first two turns, casting guide/fortune on walkers and his serpent. Second turn he casts guide on walkers and than turboboosts with star engines 36" into the enemy zone where he will try to punish everyone the following turn.

We also have deff' coptas with klaws and rokkits, sneakrot for an occasional odd placed counter... counter...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Over 15 games played, only 3 draws, rest are victories; these are mix of 2v2 and 1v1.

Walkers are very good but very fragile line of fire, but I started using them to tie up troops in CC, works semi-well as a last ditch effort.

Pathfinders - almost never make their points back, but are sometimes usefull for pinning a squad or getting an extra wound in to an MC or such... they killed 2 vehicles so far... nothing to rely on but they are proud of that. Also a sure scoring squad to stay on a counter to the end of the game.

Bikes - gotten used to them, try not to get in range of anything unless the survival is almost guaranteed, provide fire support if situation is very bad, but I still try to just float around away from mess with them.

Eldrad & Dragons - never failed me yet, they ravage in melee and ravage in ranged assaults, with a few dirty tricks also prove very potent to kill large amounts of vehicles and survive.

Wave Serpent - works well, star engines are amazing!

One thing that is bothering me, the tournament is next weekend, and I am not sure I can borrow 6 walkers till then; Problem is, would I replace 3 walkers for a Wraith Lord and some extra meat for my bikes, or do something else with the points; Help me out people!

+ Reply to Thread