[1500] Mech eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Mech eldar list

Hi all. This is my final eldar list and would like some advise before to start to buy the miniatures

HQ

Farseer 135pt
    Spirit Stones, Doom, Guide, Runes of warding;

ELITE

Striking Scorpions 196pt
    9 Striking Scorpions, exarch, stalker, shadowstrike , scorpion's claw.

Fire Dragons 124pt + 130pt (254pt)
    7 Dragons, exarch, brath flamer.
    Wave serpent, stone, EML.

TROOPS

Dire Avengers 152pt + 130pt (282pt)
    10 Dire Avengers, exarch, TSC, bladestorm.

Dire Avengers 152pt + 130pt (282pt)
    10 Dire Avengers, exarch, TSC, bladestorm.

Rangers 120pt
    5 Rangers, pathfinders.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Fire Prism 115pt

Fire Prism 115pt

TNX all.

Last edited by azazek; September 4th, 2009 at 10:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

List is fine, you've got a good mobile army that could take all comers. The flamer is hit or miss, some people love it, some people say the difference between a 12 inch melta weapon and an 18 inch melta weapon aren't that large. I'm in the "Give everyone melta" segment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played my first game with this army against witch hunter: annihitilation-pitch battle.

Ok:
    DA: guide+doom+bladestorm combo... realy amazing...
    stryking Scorpions: they can make a lot of attaks and with the help of the foom farseer this unit can realy destroy anything in an assoult.

Ko:
    Fire prism: probably i didn't used them in the rigth way or i just was unluky but they was shaked/stunned/ecc. almost for all the game... a waste of points. I'm thinking to replace them with 3 warwalkers with scatterlaser (24 shots s6 with guide...hum...), or with 5 dark reapers.. any suggestion?

Fire Dragon: i was realy unluky with them... my opponent have a luky shot in hus 2° turn, he destroyed the Wave Serpent and all my 7 FD died in the explosion :°°°°.. probably i have to move them better.

EML: dho... probably i'm unluky but i didn't made a wound with my 3 twinlinked EML in all the game. i hope to have a better result next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ckerensky, you have a good balanced list and I would not make any major changes on the basis of one game. I would persist with this list and learn how best to use it. Witch hunters are quite a difficult opponent for the eldar and the dice gods are always going to be against you on some occasions. Personally i would loose the FD exarch and dragons breath flamer and get another pathfinder, I prefer them in units of 6-8 but thats only a personal preference. Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

DAs are glorious, as are striking scorpions. Good job with those!

As for prism tanks: Did the witch hunter field exorcists? If so, then you got incredibly lucky they didn't blow up. At 1500 points, it might be worth it to fit another prism tank in here, maybe by dropping the scorpion wave serpent. Prism tanks get stunned and shaken, and that's just the way of life, unfortunately. If you don't get first turn, keep 'em behind cover. Use distance to your advantage.

Your TL EMLs not wounding a single model? Thats really unlucky. I assume you mean you wounded, but they made their saves. 3+ armour saves can bring them down, but its very surprising that they didn't kill anything. Remember, since its TLed, you can re-roll scatter dice. You should almost always be using blast templates against infantry, unless you're looking to inflict instant death.

Your Fire dragons all died from the exploding transport? Man, the dice gods were against you today! I think we need to burn some incense and erect an effigy to them!

Just tweak from there, really. Your list is solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    DAs are glorious, as are striking scorpions. Good job with those!

As for prism tanks: Did the witch hunter field exorcists? If so, then you got incredibly lucky they didn't blow up. At 1500 points, it might be worth it to fit another prism tank in here, maybe by dropping the scorpion wave serpent. Prism tanks get stunned and shaken, and that's just the way of life, unfortunately. If you don't get first turn, keep 'em behind cover. Use distance to your advantage.

Your TL EMLs not wounding a single model? Thats really unlucky. I assume you mean you wounded, but they made their saves. 3+ armour saves can bring them down, but its very surprising that they didn't kill anything. Remember, since its TLed, you can re-roll scatter dice. You should almost always be using blast templates against infantry, unless you're looking to inflict instant death.

Your Fire dragons all died from the exploding transport? Man, the dice gods were against you today! I think we need to burn some incense and erect an effigy to them!

Just tweak from there, really. Your list is solid.
    First of all tnx a lot for the replay.

SS alredy don't have a serpent so i realy don't know where to finde the points for another prism... Yes my oppenet had 2 exorcists, i hate them! From wath i know twinlinked balst wepon reroll to wound, not the scatter dice. I'm wrong on this? probably i misaderstood the rule. btw yes he always save his sisters with some cover saves, realy unluky. btw i win the game 5-3.

scorpions destroyed 2 of his troops, DA another 3. he only killed my FD and the pathfinders.

in 2 dayes i will make another test and i will update.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by azazek View Post
    First of all tnx a lot for the replay.

SS alredy don't have a serpent so i realy don't know where to finde the points for another prism... Yes my oppenet had 2 exorcists, i hate them! From wath i know twinlinked balst wepon reroll to wound, not the scatter dice. I'm wrong on this? probably i misaderstood the rule. btw yes he always save his sisters with some cover saves, realy unluky. btw i win the game 5-3.

scorpions destroyed 2 of his troops, DA another 3. he only killed my FD and the pathfinders.

in 2 dayes i will make another test and i will update.
    You might be right with the Wound, I can't verify with the rulebook since I'm at work, but If I'm not mistaken, twin linked flamers get to re-roll to wound, blast weapons get to re-roll scatter.

Edit: Yep, page 30, says if you ever get to re-roll a scatter weapon, you re-roll the scatter portion. Few pages below it explain it further.
    Last edited by cKerensky; September 14th, 2009 at 20:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    Yep, page 30, says if you ever get to re-roll a scatter weapon, you re-roll the scatter portion. Few pages below it explain it further.

Yes i read it now on the rule book. I'm italian and i have the english version of the book so sometimes i miss something

tnx again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about leave the fire dragons and use the points to change the farseer into Eldrad and add the 3° Fire Prism???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i did another test yesterdy. Once again versus Sisters of battle. change in my list only 5 Dark reaper instead of the 2 prisms couse i bougth the most of the army (only the 2 prisms left) and i wanted to play with "real" things on the table.

Killer point mission, 2kp for me and 2kp for him... a draw!

ok:

Dark reaper: they did a lot of damage, i love this guyes
    DA+wave serpents: my favorite troops... they did a rain of fire against my enemy... only a word for them: UBER!
    Fire dragons: on turn 2 they disembarcwed from WS and fired aginst a Land Rider, they destroyed both his Twin-linked lasscannon and immobilize it. Great Job for only 100 points.

Ko:

scorpions: i was realy unluky with them... they spowned on turn 2° in the wrong direction and almost did nothing for all the game. probably this is theyr only limitation.
    Pathfinders: basicaly they did nothing for all the game.. only 2 wounds on a battle sister squad in 6 turns of fire.

+ Reply to Thread