Welcome to Librarium Online!
If I do go with the Tau Empire here's what it would look like:
HQ: 1 Shas'el Commander w/ fusion blaster, plasma rifle, multi-tracker, and bonding knife w/ 2 Shas'vre Bodyguards w/ fusion blasters, plasma, rifles, multi-tackers, and target lock
Elites: 6-man Stealth Team w/ Shas'vre team leader, 2 fusion blasters, drone controller, and 1 (or, if it's possible, 2) Markerlight drone(s)
Troops: 12-man Fire Warrior Squad w/ Shas'ui Team leader, photon and EMP grenades, and a Devilfish w/ distruption pod
17-man Kroot Carnivore Squad w/ Shaper
Fast Attack: 6 Gun Drones
Heavy Support: Hammerhead Tank w/ railgun, burst cannons, target lock and distruption pod
Keep in mind that this is the basics of my army. If if done the points right it should be about a 1,200 point army. I realize there's no pathfinders yet - they will come later. Would this be effective enough? Any pointers or recommendations?
Perhaps drop a few Kroot, 17 in the one squad is quite a lot for 1200pts. Same with the number of Stealth Suits. By dropping these you should be able to get another Fire Warrior Squad in.
A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
Never forgive, never forget.
a few things:
thats about it.
- drop at least 2 stealth suits, 4-3 are plenty, and dont take the shas'vre , make him team leader so he still has bonding knife, for 5 less pts.
- dont take fusion blasters on the stealths, but if u do take one, and just to confirm this only taek 1 marker drone.
- take out gun drones! they are nothing but free kill points to most armies!
- i like the HQ choice but maybe drop the fusion blaster for something a little longer on the shas'el.
- now this one is completely up to u, but take the Shas'O, with all these spare points maaybe.
- if u can get the points, maybe a couple of broadsides, but if u cant fit them without downsizing dont.
- more, more, more fire warriors! (or at least more troops)
There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.