1500pts First List - Help Please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts First List - Help Please

Hi all

After playing spacemarine for years I was baught a tyranid boxed set to start me off, I have read the codex and created a list. I would really apricate any help / advice before i go and buy some more models.
    • 1 Hive Tyrant @ 184 Pts
      Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer (x1); Venom Cannon; Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field
    • 1 Broodlord @ 393 Pts
      Feeder Tendrils; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
      + 10 Genestealers @ [310] Pts
      Acid Maw; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons
    • 10 Genestealers @ 230 Pts
      Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws
    • 10 Genestealers @ 230 Pts
      Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws
    • 14 Gaunt Brood @ 84 Pts
      Fleshborer
    • 14 Gaunt Brood @ 84 Pts
      Fleshborer
    • 1 Carnifex @ 188 Pts
      Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Twin-linked Venom Cannon
    • 3 Warriors @ 105 Pts
      Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Twin-linked Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
    Total Roster Cost: 1498

My basic idea is to infitrate as many steelers as i can including the broodlord - get in and stop the enemy shooting

The gaunts, Tyrant, and warriors all move up offering fire support to the stealers

While the Carnafix plays tank busta.

Its a simple stratagy but i would really apriciate any advice.

thanks

Lee

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cleaned up your list abit, made it abit easier to read.

1498p

--HQ--

184p - Hive Tyrant, +Bs, +S, TL-Dev, VC, WarpField
    If you're gonna have it walking you might aswell give it Extended Carapace instead of WarpFeild, saves you 10p. Consider having it winged with 2x TL-Devs instead, makes it just that much more of a killer.

393p - Broodlord, FT, +S, 10xGen. Retinue, +SV, +S, AM, ST
    Since you have the broodlord in the group there are abit too many upgrades on the stealers, you dont really need the Toxin Sacs or the Scything talons, the acid maw i'm not too sure about either, i'd run them with Fleshooks instead of that and also give the Broodlord FH.

--ELITES--

105p - Warriors, +Bs, +Sv, 3xTL-DS
    I'm guessing you'll run them behind the gauntscreen so they'll have 4+ coversave, hence no need for the Extended Carapace, and the BS is also superflous since they're blasts the extra BS only reduces the scatter with 1", give them Toxin Sacs instead.

--TROOPS--

230p - 10x Genestealers, +S, Scuttlers, FT
    You might not need the Toxin Sacs here either if you want to find where you can shave off a fiew points that's a good place. Also, try finding points for Extended Carapace for them, they'll live twice as long since bolters can't remove the 4+ armor save.
    230p - 10x Genestealers, +S, Scuttlers, FT
    See Above.

84p - 14x Fleshgaunts, Fleshborer
    Solid gauntscreen. If you're gonna add more gaunts or give them Without Number, consider adding a Zoanthrope or two for extra synapse aura.
    84p - 14x Fleshgaunts, Fleshborer
    See Above.

--HEAVY SUPPORT--

188p - Carnifex, +Bs, +Sv, TL-VC
    Looks good, i'm not 100% that adding 2x VC makes them TL. I'd run it as a normal gun-fex, VC and BS, cuts 15p

Hope i could help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for advice, some good bits in there,

I am tweaking the list now, but i do have 1 question i cant seem to spot the answer for in the codex - If a carnafex has 2 ranged weapons can it fire them both or does it have to choose which to fire.

cheers

Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monstrous Creatures can fire 2 weapons and move while doing so, so no worries there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok made a few changes

I saved a few point here and there with the tips you gave me, i dodnt go for wings for tyrant as i plan for him to stick with gaunts & warriors rather han flying off on his own.

I gave steelers Extended Carapace like you said but i kept toxin and feeders - logic being agaisnt marins i will hit on 3s (rerolling misses),and wound on 3s - thats gotta hur them.

only question is - feeder tendrils says will benefit models within 2" so if i give them to the genesteelers can i save a few points by not giving them to the broodlord as he will benefit anyway by being within 2" ?

I tried to squeeze a couple of zoan's in but couldnt make it fit so used few spare points adding a couple more fodder to tha gaunts squads.

Do you think its balanced ? - having never played with . . . or even against nids im only guessing.

1 Hive Tyrant @ 174 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin linked Devourer (x1); Venom Cannon; Synapse Creature; The Horror

1 Broodlord @ 310 Pts
    Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
    10 Genestealers @ [240] Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws Troops: Genestealers (10#, 270 Pts)

10 Genestealers @ 270 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws

10 Genestealers @ 270 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws

16 Gaunt Brood @ 96 Pts
    Fleshborer

16 Gaunt Brood @ 96 Pts
    Fleshborer

1 Carnifex @ 173 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

3 Warriors @ 111 Pts
    Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Deathspitter; Synapse Creature

Total Roster Cost: 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you do with the broodlord is that you give HIM the Feeder Tendrils, and none to the stealer retinue. That way the whole group gets it at a minimal cost. That frees up space for FleshHooks on them instead, luckily the Broodlord can have both.

+ Reply to Thread