1500pt Tau gunline - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Tau gunline

HQ
    Shas'el-- plasma, fusion, targeting array, HW multi-- 97

(optional: Shas'el-- plasma, fusion, targeting array, HW multi-- 97)

Elite
    6 stealth suits--2 fusion guns--184

3 xv8-- twin flamer, missile pod, team leader w/ HW multi, HW drone controller, 2 gun drones, bonding knife-- 164

3 xv8-- missile pod, burst cannon, multi tracker, team leader w/ HW drone controller,
    2 gun drones, bonding knife-- 180

Troops
    12 fire warriors-- shas'ui w/ bonding knife, drone controller, 2 gun drones-- 155

12 fire warriors-- shas'ui w/ bonding knife, drone controller, 2 gun drones-- 155

10 fire warriors-- shas'ui w/ bonding knife and devil fish-- 195

10 kroot-- 5 hounds-- 100

(optional:10 kroot-- 5 hounds-- 100)

Heavy support
    1 Broadside-- targeting array--80

1 Broadside-- targeting array--80

Total: 1399. Just to be clear i can either take the second kroot unit for another outflank or objective grabber or the extra shas'el for the meq firepower to round out my list. Some help on that would be great!

Last edited by pervertdhermit; September 21st, 2009 at 15:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is not a lot of Heavy Support at 1500 points. Even if you are going for a gun-line, a Hammerhead can still be useful to provide that one little bit of mobilized hard hitting.

Also, that seems like more of a Hybrid list to me. Yes, you have 300 points of Fire Warriors and 160 points of Broadsides, but the rest seems very mechanized to me with over a dozen XVs on the table.

But, on to the list:

The Stealth suits need some sort of a refined purpose. Since they all have to fire at the same unit you are stuck lobbing 12 S5 AP5 shots at something with armor, or two melta shots at basic rank and file infantry. Either drop the Fusion Blasters (which it looks like you can't since you have a severe lack of tank-busting) or put target locks on them. Unfortunately this means you need a battlesuit support system for the rest of your crew also, but there are ways to do that effectively.

Your gun-line will be much more effective if you include some markerlight support. Since you already have a Devilfish in your list it will not be too difficult to bring in a squad of 4 pathfinders to give one of your gunlines a little boost. Or you could also light up some enemy tanks so your BS3 Melta shots can be a little more accurate.

Other than that it seems like you have a clear purpose for the rest of your list, so I'll let others comment.

+ Reply to Thread