1250pt 'rubberband' list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250pt 'rubberband' list.

Evening gents, quick rubberband list for you.

HQ - 1x Farseer - 163
    *fortune
    *mindwar
    *spiritstones
    *runes of witnessing
    *singing spear

Troops - 2x direavengers - 244
    *7 models (including exarch w/diresword)
    *defend

- 1x pathfinders - 120
    *5 models

Fast attack - 2x Swooping hawks - 514
    *10 models (including exarch w/sunrifle)
    *skyleap
    *intercept

- 1x Warpspiders - 208
    *8 models (including exarch w/spinnerret rifle)
    *withdraw

Total--

48 models
    1249pts

=====

The idea being have all my fast attacks in reserve, drop heaps of pie plates, charge vehicles and haywire, skyleap. Use spiders for killing devestators/HWTs, mindwar any problematic units (like plasmacannon devs) and basically just try and keep his forces pinned for as many turns as possible while holding objectives.

Farseer sticks with one squad of avengers and just generally keeps it alive as much as possible, diresword for countering enemy charges.

Hawks cause pinning, pathfinders cause pinning and rend on 5+, spiders cause pinning (not to mention AP1 weapon) and direavengers, in melee, cause -1A to enemy models ( to minimum of 1 ) therefore negating sluggaboyz combat advantage. Diresword wounds as a powerweapon, instakills anything that fails leadership test.

I think it's a fairly solid list, provided deepstrikes don't go bad.

opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's certainly different from the mech-eldar lists I see around so much (and play myself). It looks damn good to be honest but the only thing I would say is maybe too much on the Farseer. Maybe try splitting the powers across 2 Farseers for maximum coverage. rather than just sinking them all into 163pts in one model.
    Eldar: W:11 D:8 L:3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, and I've revised my list

Eldar 1250 rubberband list

HQ - 2x Farseer - 186
    *fortune (on one farseer)
    *mindwar (other farseer)
    *runes of witnessing (both possess this)
    *singing spear (both possess this)

Troops - 2x direavengers - 244
    *7 models (including exarch w/diresword)
    *defend

- 1x pathfinders - 120
    *5 models

Fast attack - 2x Swooping hawks - 514
    *10 models (including exarch w/sunrifle)
    *skyleap
    *intercept

- 1x Warpspiders - 186
    *7 models (including exarch w/spinnerret rifle)
    *withdraw

Total--

48 models
    1250pts

==========

Between the two farseers it's slightly more expensive, to compensate I had to drop 1 warpspider. All over same number of models, two singing spears. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just give both farseers fortune (or both mindwar.. could be interesting) and see if I can't give myself back some troops.

For instance I could switch the direswords over to dual Shuriplats on the DA exarchs, the extra points would buy me another fortune.. but would gimp my CC defensive power for those squads.
    Last edited by MrBenis; September 21st, 2009 at 13:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 HQs in something below 1750 Im normally against, same for Swooping Hawks I'd rather take more Warp Spiders than them, they have Lasguns with an additional shot and fly around with a Grenade pack, its nothing special for their price (which is nearly half of your list's points I might add) Dire Avengers are there for the 32 shots with a bladestorm- If you want a troops choice that can tie up in melee and cause a bit of mayhem grab Storm Guardians with Flamers or Fusion Guns against Anti-Tank.
    Your total models means nothing- nowadays in 5th edition its your Scoring models that counts but up untill 1500 point games I run lists with only 2 troop choices, but I run Mechdar after all.
    Mindwar is near useless for me, I'd rather grab Doom, but I do love Fortune.
    Last edited by Trask; September 22nd, 2009 at 08:28.
    If you you thought my post was helpful, or you just liked it, use the Rep button.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point being that the Avengers are not doing the/any killing. Both of those Hawks squads shoot 24", right? So long as I deepstrike no more than 12" away from an enemy unit, I can shoot them. Primarily I'd be using this list in an objectives game, where holding territory is more important than causing wounds.

If this sounds unacceptable to you I strongly suggest you investigate :
    Way of Saim-Hann

If this were a killpoint match, then yes, I'd be inclined to taking lots of Dark Reapers and vyper squads, but this is not typically the case as both myself and my most common opponent often trump the normal mission selection rules (GUIDELINES, PEOPLE) in favour of territory missions.

Not to mention that the other big contender at my local GW is an avid cheeselist doublelandraider double-terminator-squad + whirlwind sleazebag.

Not giving him anything to shoot plus instakilling his units would just be too hilarious. Last time I checked terminator invulnerable saves didn't protect against mindwar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    2 HQs in something below 1750 Im normally against, same for Swooping Hawks I'd rather take more Warp Spiders than them, they have Lasguns with an additional shot and fly around with a Grenade pack, its nothing special for their price (which is nearly half of your list's points I might add) Dire Avengers are there for the 32 shots with a bladestorm- If you want a troops choice that can tie up in melee and cause a bit of mayhem grab Storm Guardians with Flamers or Fusion Guns against Anti-Tank.
    Your total models means nothing- nowadays in 5th edition its your Scoring models that counts but up untill 1500 point games I run lists with only 2 troop choices, but I run Mechdar after all.
    Mindwar is near useless for me, I'd rather grab Doom, but I do love Fortune.
    How comes no 2 HQ in under 1750? I use 2 Farseers most of the time and I find that having the spread is very useful since it allows me to embed a Doom-seer into a unit of Banshees and keep the Guide-seer back to assist my fire base.

The revised list looks very tasty and I, for one, wouldn't want to face it even with my full Mechdar force. Good luck with it.
    Eldar: W:11 D:8 L:3

+ Reply to Thread