1500pt Eldar vs Orks, advice needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Eldar vs Orks, advice needed

Hey guys, I've got a game tomorrow against one of the guys who works at my FLGS, and was looking for some list commentary.

He uses Orks, and from what I've heard about his list he takes boys in trukks, defkoptas, killakans and maybe one unit of nobz in a battlewagon. Not sure about the rest but its that sort of thing.

My list is:

Farseer - Doom, Stones, Mindwar, RoWard

6 Fire Dragons
    Wave Serpent - Shuri Can, Stones

10 Avengers - Exarch, Dual Cats, Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Stones

10 Avengers - Exarch, Dual Cats, Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Stones

5 Pathfinders

FirePrism - Stones, Fields

Do you think I'll be a good match up with this list, anyting you think I could improve? (I considered taking off Mindwar and Stones for 3 sets of Star Engins on all my Serpents)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'm not sure I'd field Fire Dragons against Orks, but I have't tried it yet so I can't really say how good or bad it is.

But I do think you should drop the stones and Mind War from your Farseer, those are a waste of points. I also believe you lack in anti-tank, my suggestion is to give your Serpents T.L. E.M.L's instead of Scatters/Shuricannons, that way you can instant death kill his koptas/nobs and do some nice damage against his Cans and Trukks. Then when you run out of nice big targets you can switch to frag missiles and knock out some of his troops too.

I don't see to many people taking fields and stones on 3 Prisms, and I think those 100 points are better spent Elsewhere. Maybe on a group of infiltating Scorpions?

You shouldn't get Star Engines for anything, for most of the game you will want to stay away from him, not get closer. ;P

Anyway, use your mobility and range to stay away from him, and try to move your tanks enough to make it difficult for his koptas to hit you in CC, (so 6-12 inches). If you can isolate a part of his army then swoop in and Bladestorm them into a mess of mushroom soup, other than that I think you are best off playing cat and mouse until you have the upper hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scatter Lasers are better anti tank than you may think, especially against orks, AV 10 I'm penetrating on a 5, with 4 shots a turn per gun thats a heck of a lot better than the single shot from the EMLs single shot penetrating on a 3.

I should explain this is my all comers GT list and thats why it has dragons in it. The will be good for taking out nobz/meganobz of course, and with my Avengers and Prisms the S4 AP4 plasma missle is kinda redundant compared to the Scatter Laser. The reason I asked specifically is because the 45 points I would have spare from removing Stones and Mindwar have no home in my mind, I cant think where to spend them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

add to the 45 some 105 points from 3 holofields on prisms (i find them ussualy not worthy), take down the dragons to 5 man and downgrade scatter lasers to shuricannons and you have points to take another 5 man dragon unit in a serpent with shuri cannon and stones.

my 2 cents
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe a FD exarch with flamer?.. gives the squad a second role, against orks especially

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Drop dragons, even shuriken pistols can wreck ork trucks(they r open topped) and you can glance them. no point in dragons, take scorpions!!!
    When faced by an army of awesomness, RUN.

Adding Rep is always nice for everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats right a unit of 10 guardians will kill more than 5 fire dragons, against orks you need to get as many shots off as possible because the list you made is going to be overwhelmed very quickly in my opinion as i dont think you can kill enough before they swamp you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

PS Storm guardians have 2 flamers. Flamers against massed orks = wo0nders in the new millenium
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your set with keeping the holo's on the prisms, which i don't recomend, I'd spend some of those 45 on switching out that dragon exarch's fusion gun with a nice dragon breath flamer and crack shot. Twin-Linked heavy flamer. Nuff said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a jetseer council with heaps of destructors... dont know if it fits in with a 1500pt army, but it will be able to roast orks and pop battlewagons no worries

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast