2 Monoliths in 1250 doubles!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Monoliths in 1250 doubles!!!

Hey there everyone, I'm getting ready for an upcoming 1250 doubles tournament at my hometown hobby shop. I will be playing with my good friend who loves to run two godfexes in his 1250 point list and we will be defending our title as tourney champs. This time around I want to try something a little bit different than my chaos marines, and I have been toying with the idea of running 30 warriors, a lord with just a res orb and two (yes, count them TWO) monoliths in my brand new Necron army I recently came into the possession of. I know its a rather unorthodox thing to do, but I figure that as many lists at that point level don't have anything to stop one monolith there's going to be very little they can do about two of them. Here's the list so far.

Lord w/ res orb

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

Monolith

Monolith

The total is 1150, so I have 100 points left over. I can do basically anything with that 100 as I have the models to do so, just tell me what you guys think would work best.

-JL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

if you're going double monoliths add more warriors

100 points of necrons won give you anything usable aside from a few extra warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop 1 of your warrior squads and change it into a 10x immortal squad = 280 pts that would do the trick and put your lord in that unit.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tempted to say a pair of spyders, but that gets you 10 points over and short of loosing the R.orb(!!!) I can't see any way to get those last few points.

So unless you have a strangely flexible point limit, I'd go with 1 spyder and over-sized warriors, so you'd have 3x11 or something.

Or you could just twink out the lord if you don't like odd sized warriors of tomb spyders (d.body, phase shifter, r.orb, whatever)

I'd recommend NOT doing the above suggestion of immortals, as with so many points in the liths you need to get cheap stuff that boosts WBB or more cheap crons for the points boost.
    your partner won't like it that you phase out after a pair of basilisk shots on turn 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adalias View Post

I'd recommend NOT doing the above suggestion

I'd recommend you stop bad mouthing people on a forum and let the player decide for himself what he wants,you've had issues with me on a other thread and it seems your still ass-hurt.

Honestly though,grow up.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

farm dog... if you're using 2 monoliths in 1250 points then adding immortals is a bad idea

they're just too big of a point sink without adding to your necron numbers

you are much better off with more warriors

even a 1000 point list with zero monoliths should have 3 squads of warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelter Skelter View Post
    farm dog... if you're using 2 monoliths in 1250 points then adding immortals is a bad idea
    You really don't get it do you?.
    I never said my advice was a good idea,after all its up to the OP to decide.
    What i don't need is users that have there head up there ass being rude just because they don't agree on my opinion.
    Last edited by Liguifier; September 26th, 2009 at 22:48.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i think you need to chill out

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

now now. skelter was just expressing his opinion and not spitting up flame at anyone. he was just putting in his verdict of what he thought was more competitive without causing too much anger.

Adalias however, said to ignore everyone's advice which was rude. but you here farm dog seemed to be inflamed by the slightest provocation. i would suggest you to develop thicker skin for C&C and Adalias to word his comments in the future with more care and maturity.

i am no mod, but i will help to ensure peace where i can.

now if it were ignoring everyone elses opinions, i wouldn't really bother with immortals.

1. because he wants two monoliths obviously

2. because more warriors fit the theme.
    i would just add in more warriors in the existing squads and have fun ^^.

thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Adalias View Post
    I'd recommend NOT doing the above suggestion of immortals, as with so many points in the liths you need to get cheap stuff that boosts WBB or more cheap crons for the points boost.
    your partner won't like it that you phase out after a pair of basilisk shots on turn 2
    for the record, i feel it would be hard to deduce from this statement that he was being rude to farmdog

it was merely his opinion and was in no way attacking anyone

and for my final statement, i agree with what he said for exactly the same reasons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast