1750 points balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 points balanced

Hq
    Hive Tyrant 171

Enhanced senses
    Toxin sacs
    Winged
    Shadow of the warp
    2x Twin linked devourers

(Used for synapse and to kill at least one troop squad a game, Shadow of the warp is only counter to new space wolf power I know of)

Elite
    3x Shooty warriors 98
    Toxin sacs
    Scything talons
    2x Deathspitter
    1x Barbed Strangler

3x Shooty warriors 98
    Toxin sacs
    Scything talons
    2x Deathspitter
    1x Barbed Strangler

(More synapse, I much prefer shooting Warriors to CC warriors at least then I don’t know I’m paying too many points, Genestealers are better than warriors for less points they just lack synapse)

Carnifex 113

Scything Talons
    Barbed Strangler

(Cheap, effective and scary. Decent for anti tank or anti horde)

Troop
    8 Gaunts 64

Spinefists
    Without Number

(Objective Campers)

32 Gaunts

Spinefists

(Better or equal to 16 Hormagaunts for same points, though they do lack leaping, meat shield for stealers and warriors)

7 Genestealers 140

Scuttlers
    Flesh Hooks

7 Genestealers 140

Scuttlers
    Flesh Hooks

(There to either make the opponent pack the centre, or surprise them when they think they are nice and safe in terrain at edge of board)

10 Genestealers 170

Feeder Tendrils

9 Genestealers 153

Feeder Tendrils

(Protected by spinegaunts, provides feeder tendrils to surroundings and is cheap)

Heavy Support
    Carnifex 148
    Scything talons
    Barbed Strangler
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton

Carnifex 148
    Scything talons
    Barbed Strangler
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton

Carnifex 148
    Scything talons
    Barbed Strangler
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton

(Designed to survive tarpitting by doing things such as charging ork boys if they get too close)

1751pts 84 models 13 kill points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hq
    Hive Tyrant 171

Enhanced senses
    Toxin sacs
    Winged
    Shadow of the warp
    2x Twin linked devourers

Tyrant looks good, I would only be worried about it getting shot up pretty quickly. Warp field helps if your running him as a bullet magnet.

Elite
    3x Shooty warriors 98
    Toxin sacs
    Scything talons
    2x Deathspitter
    1x Barbed Strangler

3x Shooty warriors 98
    Toxin sacs
    Scything talons
    2x Deathspitter
    1x Barbed Strangler

Shooty warriors, I love em, I usually run senses on them because there BS is only 2. Drop the strangler and use 3x Deathspitters and senses imo.

Carnifex 113

Scything Talons
    Barbed Strangler

Looks good for an elite

Troop
    8 Gaunts 64

Spinefists
    Without Number

(Objective Campers)

32 Gaunts

Spinefists

(Better or equal to 16 Hormagaunts for same points, though they do lack leaping, meat shield for stealers and warriors)

7 Genestealers 140

Scuttlers
    Flesh Hooks

7 Genestealers 140

Scuttlers
    Flesh Hooks

(There to either make the opponent pack the centre, or surprise them when they think they are nice and safe in terrain at edge of board)

10 Genestealers 170

Feeder Tendrils

9 Genestealers 153

Feeder Tendrils

I would take out one of those genestealer squads and split it up with the other three, with no ex. carpace if they get shot at your going to be losing guys. Bigger squads will let you lose a few, then cut that 32 man squad into 2x 16 man squads then you make them a bit more flexible and still can run them as meat shields.

Heavy Support
    Carnifex 148
    Scything talons
    Barbed Strangler
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton

Carnifex 148
    Scything talons
    Barbed Strangler
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton

Carnifex 148
    Scything talons
    Barbed Strangler
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton

I would drop the reinforced chitin and give them +I so you can attack before those pesky power fists, 4W or 5Ws doesnt matter when your getting pwned on by a powerfist. I like to combine Barbed strangler and Venom Cannons on my Fexes... Being able to shoot 2 big weapons because they are monstrous creatures is amazing, if you dont want to lose the attack give them a Mace tail.

1751pts 84 models 13 kill points

Hope that helps ya, its a pretty solid list. Just a few ideas for ya. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dropped warp field to make way for shadow of the warp, also it seems to get targeted by a lot of lascannons or equivalent so hasn't lasted long even with warp field. I may drop him completely, hasnt made its points often, though I may make him a CC flyrant which would mean he may be able to survive in cc. Or I may just be using him very badly.

I think i'l have to playtest with the warriors to see what works best. Barbed strangler does look good on paper.

The 2 small groups will be outflanking, hopefully at unwary targets in cover at the back of the board, I'll playtest them to see if low numbers will work. If they dont i'll make the squads bigger however then id only have 1 group running centrally.

The Spinegaunts im unsure about, I will have a lot more flexibility if I split them up, but I am concerned about the kill points they would lose. 16 spinegaunts arent hard to kill even in cover.

THe heavy fexes are designed to just shoot im making them run as far away as possible from pfists. However I havent had much luck with Venom cannons so far, I wanted them to have extra tougness as Ive had some run ins with orks and imperial guard, where if they had extra toughness they may have lasted longer. Like when the ork boyz got into assault range (bound to happen eventually unless I dont shoot for a few turns) I decided to charge them to reduce there attacks, but they still had a hell of a lot of attacks, instead of having just about 3 pfist attacks they had 40+attacks and 3 powerfist attacks.

+ Reply to Thread