1500pnt take all commers, but mostly MEQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pnt take all commers, but mostly MEQ

Hey guys,

I played 1000pnts eldar for a while with limited success. I've now re-jigged my list and increased to 1500pnts. It's designed to take on anyone, but I mostly play MEQ (mostly chaos). Here's what I've got:

Farseer on Jetbike with fortune, doom, spirit stones - 160
    Seet council on jetbike x4, with 3xdestructor and 1xenhance - 225
    Gaurdians x10 wtih EML - 100
    Gaurdians x10 with SL - 95
    Dire Avengers x8 - 96
    Dire Avengers x8 - 96
    Banshees x8 with Exarch with triscle and acrobatics - 150
    Waveserpent with TL EML - 120
    Fire dragons x6 with exarch with dragons breath - 108
    Wraithlord with wraithsword + scatter laser - 140
    War walkers x2 with scatter laser and shurican cannon - 110
    Total - 1500

Basic plan: essentially a defense / counter attack army. use troops to hold objectives and all the rest to respond to enemy movement, with farseers, fire dragons (in serpent) and war walkers to move ahead and cause trouble. avoid close combat scrums, try to manouvre to pick out enemy piece by piece with minimal losses.

I started off with two units of 10x dire avengers both with exarchs, bladestorm and defend, but had to cut the exarchs and reduce to 8 men for points. Should I have kept these and cut something else? What do people think of using two wraithlords? is one enough? two seems so cool! I've been playing the banshees in units of 6 so far, but they seem to die before they get the job done, so increased to 8. Dunno how effective the war walkers are, but I love the models.

all comments appreciated. I've got about half the models so far, so fair amount of flexibility.

cheers,

CF

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

ok heres the things i would change if i were you

From the top:

1) your council needs embolden, beleive me when i say that running 3d6 is not fun espesially when you invest so many points in a squad like that it is best that they do not run.

2) your avengers need mobility leave footslogging to the guardians, get some waveserpents and upgrade them to have shurken cannons and spirit stones so they are not that expensive. always put spirit stones on your serpents to keep them moving.

3) your banshees are fine however the triskele is useless most of the time you will be fleeting with them not shooting get an exocutiner or mirror swords. however if they are not in a waveserpent they will die and you might as well take scorpions and outflank with them.

4) i myself take 2 wraithlords in my list so you arent wrong there, two wraithlords is enough to put the scare into any enemy.

overall i dont think your current list has enough flexibility, your current list would work say against a rhino mounted space marine list or something that is currently advancing like orks however it lacks the speed to engage shooting type armies (I. guard, most MEQ armies, and tau.) you need to mount your aspect warriors in serpents or else they will never reach the enemy and you need to support your fast units. Jetbike seer councils are tough but cant take out armies on their own.

Hope my advice helps and good luck!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Nigelboyette!

point taken about flexibility and transport. I can drop a unit of DA's to pay for a wave serpent for the banshees. but I don't see how I can get the points for a wave serpent for the remaining unit of DA's.

So I'm left with:

Dire Avengers x8 - 96
    Waveserpent with TL SL - 110
    Banshees x8 - 150
    Total - 1472

This leaves me a few points for either some SS on the serpents, or an exarch and a few bits for either the banshees or the DA's. I've personally never found Extra armour / spirirt stones that usefull - esp under new skimmer rules. don't get a 2 hit very often.

This still leaves the DA footslogging, but I don't see how I'm gonna get the points for another wave serpent other than to drop the war walkers, and I'd prob rather just keep them and take some losses on the DA.

I think I'm gonna run this list for a while and see how I get on.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good,although with Psychic powers being in lists these days i would suggest you drop fotune and buy runes of witness,but only if your going up against certain armys.
    Good squad size liking the Destructors.
    You only really need 1 squad and i suggest a shuriken cannon for a cheap guardian squad that has mobility and can move around to where it needs be.
    Dire Avengers x8 - 96
    Dire Avengers x8 - 96
    Unless you plan on buying these guys a serpent i would drop them.
    Banshees x8 with Exarch with triscle and acrobatics - 150
    Not bad,but Harliequins in this list would be better since the ShadowSeer is a psyker you can keep your Harliequins running up near the Wraithlords so you won't need to take wraithsight checks every turn.
    Good.
    As i stated before,you need some form of psyker for these guys,not saying wraithsights a big damage to this list but if wraithsight hits you at a critical moment in the game you'll know about it.
    Drop these,try bind some points togather and get a other Wraithlord.
    Total - 1500[
    Last edited by Liguifier; September 29th, 2009 at 17:17.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

+ Reply to Thread