1000 points w night shields - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

1000 points w night shields

I'm aiming to get to a tournament in a couple of weeks time (won't have much time till then unfortunately) but I thought I might give night shields a go at it.

Now I haven't actually played with night shields before as I've always run "cheap and cheerful" as my motto.
    Then last time I went to a tournament with my Nids I didn't have once army that had more than3 long range weapons. I almost screamed in pain when I played space wolves first up! They had no (I mean none) long range weaponry. And there I am with my non DE army. Oh it was infuriating!

So it is time to go back to my DE with a slight twist! Night Shields!

The list is:
    HQ
    Dracon - Agoniser, PG, sp

Elites
    Wyches
    - 7 wyches w wych weapons, (Succubus w agoniser and PG)
    - Raider w horrorfex, night shields

Troops
    Warriors
    - 10 warriors w 2 Dark Lances

Raider Squad
    - 8 warriors w 1 Blaster, 1 SC, (sybrite w agoniser and PG)

Raider Squad
    - 8 warriors w 1 Blaster, 1 SC, (sybrite w agoniser and PG)

Heavy
    Ravager
    - 3 disintergrators, night shields

Ravager
    - 3 disintergrators, night shields

Total 996 points

The dracon rides with the wyches.
    The aim is to minimise casualties by using cover, raiders and Night shields. Whether that is to long or short range fire it doesn't bother me too much. But any shot I'm not taking is more damage that I am dealing.

Possible variatios: I have 4 points left. if I combine that with a dropped warrior from a Raider squad I could get horrorfexes for both Ravagers.
    If I dropped a warrior from the other Raider squad I could convert my sniper squad into a mini sniper squad and a piece or raider cover.

Any Ideas or critque are welcome as always!

Last edited by Splata; September 30th, 2009 at 00:34. Reason: Forgot to add Nightshields to the Ravagers
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Don't get too aggressive with those nightshields as they have the best effect on the game on the opening turn. I have found that it really makes the opponent nervous (just like mandrakes) and cuts down on the opponents shooting phase on turn 1. I look at it like this: if it causes him to fail his range at least once then the 45 points you have invested (for all 3 vehicles) have saved you 55 points! Heck, even if I survive one turn without losing a raider I feel I got my points worth.

Last night was kind of interesting - the nightshields really made the opponent re-think its moves. I had 2 wych raiders and a ravager all with nightshields on the table and the rest of my list in "reserve" (playing "spearhead"). He had first move and he would have to move closer to me in order to get into range and decided that only 1 of his wave serpents (filled with guardians) was going to try and shoot the ravager. He had 4 other wave serpents fully loaded but decided that if he moved forward that he would be counter attacked by my reserves the following turn. He knew I was baiting him.

As it turned out, his lone wave serpent with scatter laser and twin-linked star cannon thingy either failed to hit or cause damage. I really do think the nightshields discouraged him from pouring more fire into my starting forces because the nightshields would have brought him in too close to his liking. Luckily, the guardians and their wave serpent over extended themselves while the other wave serpents backed off - the gaurdians mistakenly disembarked after being "shaken" and were left to their fate against my wych cult.

I think you will have fun with those nightshields, I know I am.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread