1850 competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

1850 competitive

Hey there, Rogue Trader Tourney in November, and I have some serious painting to do so I figured I should finalize my army list for it now. Let me know what you think:

HQ
    Farseer with Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Doom, and Fortune
    155 pts

5 Warlocks, one with Enhance
    140 pts
    Wave Serpent with TL-Shuriken Cannons and Spirit Stones
    110pts

Prince Yriel
    155 pts

Elites
    6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with Scorpion Claw, Stalker, and Shadow Strike
    148 pts

6 Fire Dragons
    96 pts

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Dual Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm
    152 pts
    110pts

152 pts
    110pts

5 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon, Shimmershield, and Defend
    102 pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes
    66 pts

Heavy Support
    Falcon Grav-tank with 2 Shuriken Cannons, Holo-fields, and Spirit Stones
    175 pts

175 pts

Total: 1846 pts

Small Squad of DAs in one falcon to sit on an objective, Dragons in the other falcon, Seer and Yriel in Serpent with the warlocks. I plan to keep the jetbikes off table, hope they take their time in coming in, and hiding them when they do until I can grab an objective on turn 5. If it's killpoints, they'll hide the entire time. I ran this list without the warlocks and one of the big DA squads in a 1250 list for the last tourney and ended up tied for second (2 wins 1 draw).

For this list I originally had 8 banshees instead of the warlocks, but reasoned that the warlocks get me some extra anti-tank. Any comments welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Kaiser View Post
    Hey there, Rogue Trader Tourney in November, and I have some serious painting to do so I figured I should finalize my army list for it now. Let me know what you think:

HQ
    Farseer with Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Doom, and Fortune
    155 ptsI would wittle down this farseer, lose runes of witnessing for sure. and maybe spirt stones and doom. Just use fortune on this council.

5 Warlocks, one with Enhance
    140 pts
    110ptsGet embolden for 5 points and it negates the need for runes of witnessing. You may consider giving 1 or 2 spears.

Prince Yriel
    155 ptsIs this guy going with the seer council? I assume he is. If so he is a beast I wont deny you that.

Elites
    6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with Scorpion Claw, Stalker, and Shadow Strike
    148 pts ok

6 Fire Dragons
    96 pts ok

Troops
    152 pts Good
    110pts I hate putting S.Cannons on serpents. Its twin linked, take advantage of it.

152 pts
    110pts

5 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon, Shimmershield, and Defend
    102 pts Im not quite sure if this set up has worked well for you, but i would drop all the powers and exarch together and just use the 5 as an objective camper while inside a tank.

3 Guardian Jetbikes
    66 ptsAdd cannon

Heavy Support
    175 pts

175 ptsDo falcons work for you? I would suggest dropping them both and taking wave serpeants for the squads riding in them. THe energy field makes them better than holofielded falcons and can carry more people. You can take a twin linked hwp and Scannon upgrade to make up for not having multiple heavy weapon i suppose.

Total: 1846 pts

Small Squad of DAs in one falcon to sit on an objective, Dragons in the other falcon, Seer and Yriel in Serpent with the warlocks. I plan to keep the jetbikes off table, hope they take their time in coming in, and hiding them when they do until I can grab an objective on turn 5. If it's killpoints, they'll hide the entire time. I ran this list without the warlocks and one of the big DA squads in a 1250 list for the last tourney and ended up tied for second (2 wins 1 draw).

For this list I originally had 8 banshees instead of the warlocks, but reasoned that the warlocks get me some extra anti-tank. Any comments welcome.
    good luck
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x2)

Well, if I drop the exarch from the small DA squad and one of the farseer's powers, I have enough points to take embolden, lances for 2 of the serpents, and a cannon for the bikes. I think I'll keep runes of witnessing though, but only for in case I run into other eldar players with runes of warding.

I'm still kind of on the fence about the lances though. I used to always mount lances on all my serpents, but they've never had much success in taking down enemy vehicles. And they're expensive. Though I've also been worried about the fact that the only anti-tank I have is in the form of the fire dragons and the warlocks, so brightlances will at least make me feel better.

As for falcons, the only advantage that wave serpents have (apart from greater transport capacity) is that meltas are less effective against them. However, the holo-fields on falcons are worth their weight in gold. I don't think the transport capacity is necessary since the small DA squad is just objective camping (and thus needs to be in something tough) and for the dragons I can't see myself needing more than 6 (plus whatever they're riding in tends to get shot at more). I haven't done the mathhammer, but I'm fairly certain falcons stand up to fire better.

And yes, Yriel is with the seer council, and that unit is a beast. A huge setback if it dies, but a lot of fun otherwise.

I kind of wish I could find room for banshees, my army never feels right without filling all my elite squads with one of each elite aspect warrior, but maybe when I up it to 2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I agree on dropping the upgrades on the 5 man DA squad its job is to sit in the tank. As such anything that ups the cost is going to hurt the rest of the list. I would like to see some better guns on the DA serpents and the DA falcon, the first two because it is twin linked the last because it is probably going to be sitting toward the back at an objective firing away so a gun with a better range will help.

Lastly I would like to see embolden on a warlock, possibly more warlocks and a second of both enhance and embolden to reduce the loss of a bad roll. I know all that can't happen unless you dropped alot from the list but atleast grab the embolden, the help for powers and saving you from running away due to a bad leadership check are a bargain for the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x2)

I entered an 1850 tourney yesterday with this list, the only changes being downgrading the farseer and small DA squad, and taking embolden and twin linked lances for 2 of my serpents. I ended up tied for second with a 2-1-0 record. Pretty good but I think there are still some improvements I can make. I had a couple thoughts:

1) dropping the seer council's wave serpent and upgrading them to a biker council. In this case Yriel would go with one of the big DA squads. Or maybe swap him out for an autarch on a jetbike with mandiblasters, a fusion gun, and a laser lance, and move him with the council.

2) dropping the scorpions (who really didn't do all that much in any of my games) in favor of more warlocks for the council, or maybe war walkers with missile launchers. I also had a though of sticking banshees in the council's serpent, removing a warlock from the council and putting them in the second falcon, replacing the small DA squad with 5 pathfinders (this in addition to removing the scorps). It'd require some tweaking to fit into the available points though.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

+ Reply to Thread