Me Big Army List: Critics Have at'er - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me Big Army List: Critics Have at'er

so im mostly a Tyranid Player, but i wanted to add some more fun to the game so i decided to go Orks (love dems green skins) anywho heres my list.. i havnt done da math yet.. soooo. yea!

HQ
    Big Mek-Shock Attack Gun
    Big Mek- KFF/ Burna

Elites
    5-10 Lootaz
    10 Kommandos w/ Snikrot
    10 nobz- 3 with PK, 4 with 'uge Choppa, 3 with Kombi Shootas

Troops
    12 Shoota Boyz w/ Nob PK trukk Rokkit Launcha
    12 shoota boyz w/ Nob pk Rokkit Launcha

Fast Attack
    15 Storm boyz
    3 warbikerz
    5 Deff Koptaz TL Rokkitz

Heavy
    Battle Wagon 4 big shootaz (i have a question later for this)
    5-10 Flash Gitz w/ Kaptin Badrukk
    3 Killa Kanz w/ rokkitz and 2 killa Kanz with Skorchaz.

ok.... so yea, big list..... Not sure what to do with it...... haha. Battle wagon.. can i take 4 big shootaz and 4 rokkit launchaz, or do i have to take 2 and 2?? umm.. yea. So thats my list so far. Any comments would be welcome =D i know i need more boyz (kinda hard to get when i live 9 hours away from the nearest shop!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

You should start by deciding what points you are gonna play. 1750 or 1850 is popular and you can fit more in.

unitl you get a point army up here are some notes.

1) Lootas are most effective in two units of 7-9 ( i play 2x9, I've seen 7 thou)
    2) Kommandos should have a burna as it makes them even better.
    3) Nobz on foot aren't that good put them in a trukk or battlewagon, or for even better make them meganobz or for the best use nob bikers
    4) You have 2 troops slots filled in an horde army with an average save of 6+!!!. If you run trukks run at least three, if you run on foot 25-30 is where to go. Nobz with Power klaw and bosspole are a must.
    5) Storm boys have cool models but i haven't heard of many people using them, I don't myself
    6) 3 warbikers meet one of two fates shot to death in shooting or get beat to death in CC, 3 is too few to do any damage with. go for 7-10, again nob bikers are BEAST!
    7) Flash gits were renamed in the offical FAQ to DON'T TAKE THIS UNIT IF YOU EVER WANT TO WIN AND BE COMPETITIVE. Seriously people that don't even play orks no how bad they are. use them only if you are playing a 5,000pt apocalyse game.
    Killa kans should always be equipped the same. Kustom mega blasters or Grotzookas are the most popular

as for the battle wagon question. you can only take 4 total in any combo of rokkits or shootas, so 4-0, 1-3, 2-2) if you take a battle wagon take lots of big shootas and deffrolla and put something in it
    Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm.. Ok, ill convert a bunch of Nobz ive got Comin in to become Lootaz (i think ive gotz some bitz around) im lookin for a 1800 point list that i can fiddle with

so what im lookin at is this.

HQ
    2x Big Mekz (KFF/Burna, SAG)

Elites
    2x 7 Lootaz (should i have 1 mek in each or no?)

Troops
    3x 12 boyz w/ Nob PK, BP Trukk
    3x 25 Shoota Boyz w/ Nob Pk, BP

Fast attack
    5 Koptaz TL Rokkitz
    7 bikerz
    15 Storm Boyz

Heavy
    Battlewagon (mine never came with a Deff Rolla....) 3 Big shootaz, 1 Rokkit Launcha (and im debating on if i should have a Lobba or Not)
    3x KillaKaz Grotzookaz!
    Looted wagon??

i just havnt had the time to add it all up.. ill do it tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, yea.. um.. so im doin the math now........ Wow.. waaaay Out to lunch with the Points!! haha, ill have to either hack down on fast attack and HEavy support. 15 storm boyz (no nob) = 180pts........ where 7 warbikerz and 5 deff Koptaz TL Rokkits both add up to 225........... BW 3 Big Shootaz, 1 Rokkit = 115 3x killa Kanz with Grotzooka = 135 and a looted tank? boom gun and 2 big shootaz = 115 hm... seesh... Not sure what im gunna drop. any suggestions would be nice....

ive done the math up to the boyz and its 1723 pts...... haha... soooo.. ive gotta hack some stuff eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

First off it is not illegal or anything to put the points value by the unit. GW won't send its secret ops team to your door.... Wait was that my door bell....

But yeah put the points by the unit like this

HQ
    105 Big Mek KFF and Burna

Ok the list looks good, here are some more comment however.

1) Where are you putting the big meks? One should go in a trukk, it's affected by the KFF then it will give the unit some protection if the trukk is blasted and they are stranded anywhere, the other could go in a foot unit thou.

2) Yeah I said you need more troops choices but you don't need to fill all of them, plus boys are boring you want some of the funnier units in the army. lots of boys stop that. I run on unit of 19 w/warboss in a battle wagon, 2 trukks, 2 units of 25 sluggas on foot. Five slots, two big units for lots of shooting and holding objectives, 2 distraction units racing toward the foe and 1 freaking big one baring down their throat. (ever see a guys face when 18 orks, a Nob, and Warboss get out of a huge tank? It's funny)

3) Don't really need meks in a Loota unit, there guns are better and the Mek still only hits on a 5+ making rokkits and Megablasta's not good options

4)Bikerz and storm boys should have nobz with klaws. They are your fastest units and as orks you don't have long range armor destroyers so you need lots o' klaws! If you run out of points then take the klaws off the foot slogging unit that stays back, both of mine don't have Klaws cause i was strapped for points.

5) Battlewagon. Deffrolla comes in a separate sprue for $13 (don't know how many euros). I bought it cause the one i made looked like crap compared to the one they make. Guns on the battle wagon. Just go with 4 of one of the two, one rokkit hitting on 5+ means one of every three turns, I run 4 big shootas. Also because you want to use the Deffrolla to kill people the only reason you have guns on it is if it gets immobolized so keep the guns cheap. and take grot riggers.

6) Looted wagon set up: 120 points Boomgun, Big shoota (so armament destroyed doesn't take out the boom gun right away, and hard case.

Just ask if you have more questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the battlewagon, dont know about 4 big shootas, I play a kannon, blast for hoards and shells for tough units. If you look at the battlewagon sprue, two big shootas go on the sides and one in the back, so only one on the front. I sugest kannon and deffrolla=120 points. I love fielding my looted wagon, and making it orky was also fun. I seriously suggest a looted wagon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Well for my battle wagon I have the grot shooting one on the front most hole, Then the two boys on the sides then one on top were you put the big gun (kill kannon?) I used a heavy bolter as a big shoota, that way 2 shootas can shoot 360 and the other 2 180.

You know that the kannon hits on a 5+ for tough units and that is only one shot so how will that kill tough units? With a Deffrolla you wan to move fast so why waist the points on the kannon when 2 shootas hit 2/6 shots, A Kannon single shot hits 1 of 3 turns! and most common roll for two dice is a 7 so then you average scattering 5 inches with the small template. The shootas are one it so if it gets imobolized it can still do something.

From the Book
    May take a single big gun (does not include crew)
    That means it doesn't include gretchin crew and you have the orcs shoot it. If you want a kannon just use a regular big gun using the Grotz BS of 3

+ Reply to Thread