1000pt Tau-ish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pt Tau-ish

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

1000pt Tau-ish

Re-worked List[B]

HQ:
    Shas’el 112
    MP, AFP, Targeting Array, HW MT, HW DC, Shield Drone

Elite:
    x3 XV8 206
    x2 MP, PR, Target Array
    x1 Team Leader - MP, PR, Multi- Tracker

Troop:
    x7 Fire Warrior 70

x12 Kroot 120
    x6 Kroot Hound

Fast Attack:
    x6 Pathfinder 167
    Devilfist Transport, MT, DP

Heavy Support:
    x1 Hammerhead 165
    Railgun, Burst Cannons, DP, MT

x2 XV88 160
    ASS, Railguns, SMS

TOTAL: 1000

Last edited by Lani Guy; October 16th, 2009 at 18:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I think the second list is better, although there are a few changes I would make.
    Firstly I would drop the Shaper, the 6+ save isn't worth the cost. I would also switch out the Shas'O to a Shas'el with a Targeting Array. If you really want the 4+ invulnerable then give him a shield drone, saves you about 20pts.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Did what you said, added a few more kroot and hounds, but also Pathfinders. Felt more PF's were needed.

HQ:

Shas’el 112
    MP, AFP, Targeting Array, HW MT, HW DC, Shield Drone

Elite:
    x3 XV8 206
    x2 MP, PR, Target Array
    x1 Team Leader - MP, PR, Multi- Tracker

Troop:
    x7 Fire Warrior 70

x12 Kroot 120
    x6 Kroot Hound

Fast Attack:
    x6 Pathfinder 167
    Devilfist Transport, MT, DP

Heavy Support:
    x1 Hammerhead 165
    Railgun, Burst Cannons, DP, MT

x2 XV88 160
    ASS, Railguns, SMS

TOTAL: 1000
    Last edited by Lani Guy; October 16th, 2009 at 06:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Missed this the other day but it looks like you haven't paid for the railgun on your hammerhead. Given the equipment it should cost 165 not 115.
    I think you can probably recoup these lost points by dropping 2 fire warriors and 4 Kroot/Kroot hounds. An 18 strong unit of Kroot is probably large enough, it just depends on whether you want more high initiative attacks or more rifle shots. 6 Fire Warriors should be fine as well as they should be riding around in the Pathfinder's Devilfish.

Also strictly speaking your commander should also have a Hard-wired Drone Controller. This is free so it won't increase the cost of your commander.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

244 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp_slug View Post
    Missed this the other day but it looks like you haven't paid for the railgun on your hammerhead. Given the equipment it should cost 165 not 115.
    I think you can probably recoup these lost points by dropping 2 fire warriors and 4 Kroot/Kroot hounds. An 18 strong unit of Kroot is probably large enough, it just depends on whether you want more high initiative attacks or more rifle shots. 6 Fire Warriors should be fine as well as they should be riding around in the Pathfinder's Devilfish.

Also strictly speaking your commander should also have a Hard-wired Drone Controller. This is free so it won't increase the cost of your commander.
    Thanks. But I still need to pay for the drone correct? And since I already have the SD, the point cost would be the same right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 Pathfinders seems like overkill, you have more markerlights than you have pulse rifles. They can still only light up one unit.

You could probably be fine with 6 or maybe 5, add your extra points to Kroot and Fire Warriors as you see fit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

244 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by D'yanoi View Post
    8 Pathfinders seems like overkill, you have more markerlights than you have pulse rifles. They can still only light up one unit.

You could probably be fine with 6 or maybe 5, add your extra points to Kroot and Fire Warriors as you see fit.
    Thanks man, did what you said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lani Guy View Post
    Thanks. But I still need to pay for the drone correct? And since I already have the SD, the point cost would be the same right?
    That is correct, you must pay for the drone but the controller is free.
    I noticed that you have moved the Devilfish from the Pathfinders to the Fire Warriors. Which probably means I didn't explain myself well enough.

The Pathfinders MUST buy a Devilfish, however if they use it then they can't shoot their markerlights. The Fire Warriors can buy a Devilfish if they want to, in fact they are much better if they have a Devilfish. Under 5th edition any squad can use any transport provided there aren't any specific restrictions.
    This means that the Fire Warriors can ride around in the Devilfish bought for the Pathfinders, they can't start the game inside the transport but can embark during the first turn.

Basically, the Devilfish in your list should appear in the Pathfinder entry and it should be the only Devilfish in the list. I just thought I would mention it as some people would look at your list and complain that it is technically illegal.

+ Reply to Thread