[1500] PanzaGREENadierz. (For tournament) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] PanzaGREENadierz. (For tournament)

[HQ]

Warboss @ 155 Pts
    Power Klaw; Shoota/Skorcha; Attack Squig; Cybork Body; Warbike;

Big Mek @ 115 Pts
    Burna; Cybork Body; Kustom force field

[Troops]

5 Nob bikers @ 350 Pts
    Slugga (x4); Choppas (x2); Power Klaw (x2); Bosspole (x1); Waaagh! banner
    (x1); Cybork Bodies; Warbikes; Painboy;

11 `Ard Boyz @ 185 Pts (Mek goes here)
    Sluggas; Choppas; Nob; Power Klaw; Bosspole;
    Trukk, Big Shoota

12 Ork Boyz @ 147 Pts
    Shootas; Nob; Power Klaw; Bosspole
    Trukk, Big Shoota

20 Ork Boyz @ 160 Pts
    Shootas, Nob, Power Klaw; Bosspole

[Heavy support]

Battlewagon @ 105 Pts
    Big Shoota (x1); Grot riggers; Reinforced ram

[Fast attack]

3 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack) @ 135 Pts
    TL Rokkit Launcha (x3)

[Elites]

9 Lootas (Elites) @ 135 Pts
    Deffgun (x9)

Models in Army: 65
    Total Army Cost: 1487
    One of the things I was thinking of was droping the bike from boss and sticking him with the 2nd trukk squad (and switch them to chopas) so that all my vehicles were of similar value as targets. Potential loss of mobility though (in case trukk is destroyed), on a 150 points model, suggests using a bike.

Should I field dethkoptas as 3 separate fast attack choices?

Also i have some spare points on upgrades, so any competitive suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Galakhad; October 15th, 2009 at 03:16.
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it that good, or that bad that there are no comments?
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks perfectly fine as is to me, though I'd throw the big mek in the BW rather than a trukk so that his invaluable KFF is safer.
    I'm not so sure about the Koptaz. They're always a big disappointment to me, but I always tend to roll (stastically) crappy for high strength ork shooting. Though my shoota boyz seem to have uncanny accuracy (for orks)...
    Last edited by Rannos; October 15th, 2009 at 02:29.
    Do you believe in the day? Do you? Believe in the day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rannos View Post
    Looks perfectly fine as is to me, though I'd throw the big mek in the BW rather than a trukk so that his invaluable KFF is safer.
    I'm not so sure about the Koptaz. They're always a big disappointment to me, but I always tend to roll (stastically) crappy for high strength ork shooting. Though my shoota boyz seem to have uncanny accuracy (for orks)...
    Darn.. forgot to mention the most important part mek goes with ard boyz, not the regular ones! Original idea was to reinforce that squad with his powe-weapon attacks once we're safely in combat, so that they had some chances to win an assault on some meq units..

Later on i`m planing to get rid of coptas and take two looted boomgun wagons. I know they are not the most competitive thing out there, but panza regiment without propa panzas seems a bit incomplete Unfortunately i wont be able to get enough bitz before the tournament, so i`ll have to give coptas a try.

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Galakhad; October 15th, 2009 at 03:23.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

'Ard Boyz are trash. Never run them, ever. Orks are not about armor saves, they're about cover and numbers. Replace them with standard Boyz.

Your Wagon would be better with a Deff Rolla, I almost consider it mandatory.

Trukks could use Rams for getting into CC asap.

9 Lootas > 3 Deff Koptas. Double up on Lootas if you have the models.

Other than that it's fine. :p
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    'Ard Boyz are trash. Never run them, ever. Orks are not about armor saves, they're about cover and numbers. Replace them with standard Boyz.

Your Wagon would be better with a Deff Rolla, I almost consider it mandatory.

Trukks could use Rams for getting into CC asap.

9 Lootas > 3 Deff Koptas. Double up on Lootas if you have the models.

Other than that it's fine. :p
    Regarding `ard boyz.
    If footslogging - yes, I agree completely.
    Unfortunately I can't put more boyz inside a truck, so If i want to increase their performance, i have to improve quality somehow.
    [mathhammer mode]4+ doesnt do much when u're shot at, but it helps winning melee and supposed to enable me to win versus marines without having those extra 18 boyz that i cant add due to transport capacity[/mathhammer mode]
    Lastly, I do like it from the "theme" side of things to have some variety in units. Those spiky armor bitz... simply cant leave `em on a sprue
    I at least want to give them a try.

Yeah, I think i gonna give one of the trukks a ram.

Rolla... I kinda plan to drive around in a wagon and shoot. Tankshoking isnt really part of the plan for _that_ wagon. I would take it on any other one though.

Dethkoptas... I dont have the models + as explained above, they are temporary. Gonna put in some boomgun wagons instead at a later stage. And yes, I agree that lootas are still better, but i need those for theme reason again.

Thanks for criticizm!

+ Reply to Thread