1850 Wych Cult Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

1850 Wych Cult Tourney

Hey you guys, I'm trying for the first time a wych cult built for our club tournament. Please let me know what you think about it and if you have any experience with the wargear I'm using. Especially the Goblet of Spite, I don't know how this works: does it also grants 3+ hits for the enemy units?

Anyhow, here is the list:

HQ
    Wych Archite
    Punisher, Terror Helmet, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Trophy Rack, Animus Vitae

Wych Dracite
    Punisher, Terror Helmet, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs, Hell Mask, Trophy Rack

Elite
    Warrior Squad 16 Warriors
    + 2 Dark Lances

Troops
    4x Wych Squad 8 wyches
    + Wych Weapons, + Plasma Grenades, + 2x Blaster
    Succubus, Agoniser
    Raider with, Horrorfex, Night Shield

One Succubus has Goblet of Spite

Fast Attack
    Reaver Jetbike Squad (4 reavers)
    +2 Blasters

Heavy Support
    1x Ravager, 3DL, Night Shield

2x Ravager, 3 Dissies, Night Shield

Thanx for any thoughts or Flames!

Last edited by El_Jairo; October 25th, 2009 at 02:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Thoughts:
    It seems that goblet of spite only benefits your units now according to the latest main rulebook FAQ.
    I am not sure your dracite really needs punisher, T-helm aтв maybe even drugs. The model becomes too expensive, and it really dies to a powerfist - no shadow field and no retinue to protect it. Maybe it would be better to switch to just agonizer.
    I think that your squad of reavers has one reaver that it doesn't need. It is suicidу squad by nature - why make it more expensive? Reavers really die to a torrent of fire - and they will get it after they destroy something.
    I am not sure you need two 3-dissies ravagers. It is your wyches who should be dealing with troops. I think you need lances more.
    Really, darling, you must not squirm so. It spoils the overall effect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Hey Sylver, thanx for your thoughts.
    Good to point that FAQ out to me.
    On the Wych Drachite: she has a 4+ invurnable in CC, so I hope she can survive a powerfist attack or 2. (A normal seargent only hist on 5+ due to wych weapons)

The reavers is indeed a squad I don't know what to do with it. I was planning on turbo-boosting: to have the 4+ inv and afterwards support were needed: they can charge in or have a go at a tank with 2 blasters. The main task I had in mind was to screen my raiders.

You can be right about the 2 3 dissies Reavers but I was thinking about all those power armour armour (and evil Nob in MEGA-Armour) squads out there. I won't be able to hurt those with my wyches.

Normally I have these Heavy Weapons:
    Total 9 DL's: 3 DL on Ravager, 2 DL in Sniper Squad, 4 DL on Raiders.
    Total 10 Blasters: 2 on Reavers en 8 in Wych Squads.
    Total 6 Dissies: 2 3 dissies Ravagers

And I have the Nightmare Doll to have more chance at first turn and thus use some of these goodies.

And then again, I can be so very wrong with only one Dark Eldar game under my belt and not much 40k the last 6 months.

So any hints on using these units most effectively are very welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jairo View Post
    On the Wych Drachite: she has a 4+ invurnable in CC, so I hope she can survive a powerfist attack or 2. (A normal seargent only hist on 5+ due to wych weapons)
    Still a bit unreliable for me. But that's just me. If your rolls are better - then why not?

The reavers is indeed a squad I don't know what to do with it. I was planning on turbo-boosting: to have the 4+ inv and afterwards support were needed: they can charge in or have a go at a tank with 2 blasters. The main task I had in mind was to screen my raiders.
    They seem to have 3+ cover thanks to the latest errata which removes mention of 4+ invulnerable save. So they just follow the rule for jetbikes turbo-boosting. Also, reavers without sucubus aren't too great in CC. Frankly, they are not too great in CC even with succubus, but she is at least able to out some wounds on enemy.

You can be right about the 2 3 dissies Reavers but I was thinking about all those power armour armour (and evil Nob in MEGA-Armour) squads out there. I won't be able to hurt those with my wyches.
    Wyches kill them nicely with agonizers, IMO. Also, 3-lance ravager can also help you - ap2 instant death is really painful for nobs.
    In the neibour thread KwiKwag says that he is doing quite well without 3-dissies ravagers at all. And he's also playing wych cult list.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I have edited the list to what I'm going to use on the tourney maybe tomoros (I am reserve player).

I'll tell you guys how it went.

I am thinking about changing one Dissies Ravager to DL and add a reaver bike. What is the ideal size of a distraction reaver squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Warrior squad is too big IMO. 6 extra warriors don't add much to survivability.
    And the ideal size of distraction reaver squad is 3.
    Unless you want them to be able to do something in CC. In that case 5 should suffice, but one of them really should be a succubus with agonizer or punisher and T-helm.

+ Reply to Thread