1500p Orks, first draft. Take a look. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500p Orks, first draft. Take a look.

This is my first attempt at an ork list. Feel free to tell me if I've made any fundamental misstakes.

1500p

--HQ--

125p - Warboss w/ PC, warbike

--ELITES--

225p - 15x Lootas

--TROOPS--

220p - 30x Slugga Boyz (incl.Nob w/ PC, Bosspole)

220p - 30x Slugga Boyz (incl.Nob w/ PC, Bosspole)

195p - 12x 'Ard Slugga Boyz (incl.Nob w/ PC, Bosspole), Trukk

--FAST ATTACK--

190p - 6x Warbikers (incl.Nob w/ PC, Bosspole)

190p - 6x Warbikers (incl.Nob w/ PC, Bosspole)

--HEAVY SUPPORT--

45p - Killa Kan w/ grotzooka

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks more solid than mine, I personally like RPJ and would drop the 'ardness off the boys and use the 60 points else where, or consider dropping them altoget, as a trukk is only front 10 so can suffer to st5 shooting and you only have the one.

Edit: You need to put hard armour on your nobs in squads! in fact dropping hard off the boys squad, will let you give nobs and warboss hard armour, and give the war boss cybork too, leaving points for maybe a shoota/skorcha or something.
    Last edited by ChrisCP; October 29th, 2009 at 10:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem i see

The problem I see with your list is that is trying to do too many things. You don;t have enough of any of the elements (speed, ground pounders, nor does your hq support your army.

If you want a force of ground pounders behind a wall of Kans then drop the bikes,warboss on a bike and an add a mech with a KFF and about 3 more Kans.

If you want a force of speed drop the cans, the loota's and mount all your boyz in trucks and make the bikers nobz,

If you want a hybrid force with elements of both drop the kans and play a second truck mob.

The normal bikes are junk but if you like the models make them nob bikers although they have benn exposed they still can withstand a lot of fire that would other wise be directed at your fragile trucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By dropping 1 war biker from each squad, 4 lootas, and downgrading ardboyz to regular boyz, u can fit in another trukkboy squad - as you are somewhat low on troops. Plus, you will have some points left to give your boss cybork body

Just a suggestion
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

+ Reply to Thread