1000/1500 point lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000/1500 point lists

Just wanted to see what people thought of these lists, the 1000 points is mainly based around what models I have at the moment with the start to a 1500 including some that I would need to get.
    These are my first attempts at lists larger than 500 for a while so sorry if anything looks really strange.
    All feedback is greatly welcomed

1000 points:

HQ:-

Farseer, guide 75

Elite:-

5 Striking scorpions 127
    Exarch, shadowstrike, scorpion claw

5 Fire dragons 80

Troops:-

5 Rangers 95

10 Guardians 105
    Starcannon

8 Dire Avengers 128
    Exarch, twin shuriken catapaults, bladestorm

Wave serpent 135
    Bright Lance

Heavy support:-

Falcon 140
    Starcannon

Fire Prism 115

My general idea here is that the rangers and guardians stay near the back and set up some good firing lines, the fire prism also stay near the back and moves around to pick out it's targets. The farseer probably stays with the guardians and guides the fire prism when it is range or the guardians when it isn't
    The fire dragons would go in the falcon and get themselves up close and personal with any armour that needs taking down and the dire avengers in thier wave serpent are there to take objectives or move to where is best needed. The bright lances on the serpent can add to anti tank.
    The striking scorpions stay in reserve and when they come either try and contest objectives or eliminate small high point squads
    For boosting to 1500 I would probably use the same as above but with the following added

a second fire prism 115

10 storm guardians 127
    warlock with destructor, 2 guardians with flamers

wave serpent 120
    EML

One other thought was to possibly upgrade the farseer to doom and put him in with the dire avengers but I am not too sure

These extra choices take me to 1362 but I am not sure what else to add so any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

a pretty good list i however would get rid of the starcannons they are mediocre at best and are too expensive for what they accomplish. oh and always put spirit stones on your serpents they are vital to your tanks role as a transport.

PS: i know you already have the falcon but a waveserpent is a much better transport and often more deadly on the move.

Hope my advice helps and good luck!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikras View Post
    Just wanted to see what people thought of these lists, the 1000 points is mainly based around what models I have at the moment with the start to a 1500 including some that I would need to get.
    These are my first attempts at lists larger than 500 for a while so sorry if anything looks really strange.
    All feedback is greatly welcomed

1000 points:

Farseer, guide 75

5 Striking scorpions 127
    Exarch, shadowstrike, scorpion claw

5 Fire dragons 80

5 Rangers 95

10 Guardians 105
    Starcannon

8 Dire Avengers 128

Wave serpent 135
    Bright Lance

Falcon 140
    Starcannon

Fire Prism 115

My general idea here is that the rangers and guardians stay near the back and set up some good firing lines, the fire prism also stay near the back and moves around to pick out it's targets. The farseer probably stays with the guardians and guides the fire prism when it is range or the guardians when it isn't
    The fire dragons would go in the falcon and get themselves up close and personal with any armour that needs taking down and the dire avengers in thier wave serpent are there to take objectives or move to where is best needed. The bright lances on the serpent can add to anti tank.
    The striking scorpions stay in reserve and when they come either try and contest objectives or eliminate small high point squads
    For boosting to 1500 I would probably use the same as above but with the following added

a second fire prism 115

10 storm guardians 127
    warlock with destructor, 2 guardians with flamers

wave serpent 120
    EML

One other thought was to possibly upgrade the farseer to doom and put him in with the dire avengers but I am not too sure

These extra choices take me to 1362 but I am not sure what else to add so any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    definitely agree with the poster above in saying to drop the star cannons, also change the brightlance on your first wave serpent to a EML it's cheaper and you have a fast vehicle so ultimately it will have back armour attacking potential

also upgrading your rangers to pathfinders will drastically increase their effectiveness and it would also work to switch guide to doom, also i personally haven't had much success with striking scorpions and a unit of 5 seems very vulnerable to me.

as for your 1500pt force a big unit of something would be good, eg: howling banshees in a wave serpent or some wraithguard, the idea would be to use them to be fast/hold the line and really scare the enemy into doing something stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would i be better off with scatter lasers in the starcannons places then? I have seen a lot of people saying that the extra shots give you a much better chance of hitting. The main reason that I had the starcannons was the AP 2

The thing that is a shame is that I like the striking scorpions as a unit but as you say I haven't had too much success with them so far. They are mainly in there just now seeing as I have the models. I do have 5 howling banshees but at the moment only own one wave serpent so would need to get another for them. Would probably be beneficial to bulk the unit out a bit as well?

I agree with the pathfinder upgrade, forgot all about that

The wraithguard sound good and I have always liked the idea of fielding them but then it is simply the cost of the models themselves that is my main problem.

Thanks for the feedback

Having taken into account comments so far I have now come up with a couple of 1500 lists

The first one:

Farseer, Doom, RoW 90

10 Howling Banshees 182
    Exarch, Executioner

Wave serpent 130
    EML, Spirit stones

5 Fire dragons 80

5 Pathfinders 120

10 Storm Guardians 127
    2 flamers, lock with destructor and singing spear

Wave serpent 130
    EML, Spirit stones

10 Dire Avengers 147

Wave serpent 130
    EML, Spirit stones

Falcon 130
    Scatter laser

Fire Prism x 2 230

Some of the upgrades here are mainly because i had the spare points at the end. General ideas would be pathfinders sit at the back as do the fire prisms, fire dragons go in the falcon and find themselves a big tank to crack open. Farseer goes with the banshees and dooms either their charge target or something else in range if they are not going to charge that turn. Dire avengers and storm guardians there to find threats and deal with them

The second one:

Farseer, Doom 80

5 Fire dragons 80

5 Pathfinders 120

10 Storm Guardians 127
    2 flamers, lock with destructor and singing spear

Wave serpent 120
    EML

10 Dire Avengers 147

Wave serpent 120
    EML

10 Wraithguard 390
    lock with conceal

Falcon 130
    Scatter laser

Fire Prism x 2 230

I think that the total for this one was around 1550, one of my thoughts with it was that perhaps I have too many troop choices and should maybe remove one of them to try and cut back on the points a bit, the only problem with that is that I was not too sure what I would then add to make up the extra points.

Any feedback on either of these lists will be great, thanks
    Last edited by Ikras; November 6th, 2009 at 13:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated my last post with new lists

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

my vote would be for the second list, but subsitute the wraithguard for a squad of 10 scorps with exarch and outflank them. with the extra points you can give your waveserpents spirit stones. also the falcon needs holofeilds if it is going to survive.

hope my advice helps and good luck!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like the idea of outflanking scorpions, the thing that it a bit of s shame though is that I have never really had much luck with them. Ususally they turn up in useful enough location but then just don't manage to be that effective. Currently have 5 of them so I might try proxying them, the number of attacks on the charge is rather appealing

+ Reply to Thread