"Fluffy" Ulthwe' 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Fluffy" Ulthwe' 1850

Much to my surprise, this will be my first actual fluffy list. Everyone else Ive ever played against has played to win, but a good friend of mine got his hands on a Sisters army (Witch Hunters?) and everything he has is based around fluff. Good times...
    With no further ado, here it is. C&C appreciated but not required

Farseer w/ Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding
    Farseer on Jetbike w/ Guide, Eldritch Storm, Singing Spear

9 Fire Dragons
    *Wave Serpent with TL EML, Spirit Stones

2x10 Storm Guardians w/ 2 Fusion Guns ea.
    *2x Wave Serpent with TL Brightlance, Spirit Stones
    2x Warlocks with Enhance, Singing Spears

10 Guardian Defenders with EML Platform
    Warlock w/ Conceal, Singing Spear
    *Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

6 Guardian Jetbikes w/ 3 Shuriken Cannons
    Warlock on Jetbike w/ Conceal, Singing Spear

Vyper with EML

3 Walkers with 2 EML ea.

Not entirely sure how this will work out. It may run fine as a Hybrid list.

It's our struggles that define us, And the hardships we endure,
    Your spirit can't be broken now, You've come too far...
    -Hatebreed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You could easily keep your fluff and make this list stronger. Here's my ideas.

Generic Doomseer for both HQ slots, give one Runes of Warding for insurance. Points saved, they will ride with the Storm Guardians.

Drop the Dragons down to 6 or 7, 9 is overkill.

Give the Guardians Flamers, BS3 is bad. Give the Warlock Destructor as well. This, combined with Doom, will RUIN many units, even MEQs. BLs are not as good as they seem on paper, rely on Meltas and Spears to win your heavy armor battles, EMLs will kill the rest. Give their Serpents EMLs or Scatter Lasers if you're light on points, still a sweet gun.

Defenders don't need a Serpent, easy points saved there. Now you can buy a 2nd Defender unit, identical to the first.

The Jetbike Warlock doesn't need Conceal, they can shoot than hide for a better cover save. Give him Destructor for finishing off units.

Vypers aren't so hot, weak armor and a bad BS. I'd dump this.

Walkers are to flimsy to have expensive, 1 shot guns. Give them all dual Scatter Lasers and watch the fireworks. I'd go with 2 units of 2 here off points saved via the Vyper and switching their guns.

Not sure how many points that'd be, there's a lot of fat you can cut. You'd end up with a VERY strong list, still Ulthwe themed and original to boot. No DAs, No Prisms, No Wraithlords? People won't know what to do.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I'm not liking the transported defender squad. Perhaps a second defender squad as was recommended. I would also recommend atleast one of the storm squads switch over to the tri flamer setup. I would look to change out one of the guide powers ( can only see the walker squad that really needs it ), perhaps for a second doom or a fortune, also not sure on eldrich storm. Overall I do like the theme of the list but think you could make a few changes to improve the list without really changing the feel of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I did the math on the suggested changes and it seems Im under by like 200 points. Here are the changes...Im not sure what else to add so your suggestions are appreciated.

Doomseer w/ Runes of Warding, Spear
    Doomseer w/ Spear

6 Fire Dragons
    *Wave Serpent with TL EML, Stones

2x10 Storm Guardians with 2 Flamers ea.
    2x Warlock with Destructor, Spear
    *2x Wave Serpent with TL Scatterlaser, Stones

2x10 Guardian Defenders with EML Platform
    2x Warlock with Conceal, Spear

6 Guardian Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons
    Warlock on Jetbike with Destructor, Spear

2x2 Walkers with 2 Scatterlasers ea.

Sooo...more Jetbikes? Another Aspect Warrior squad (yuck)? Sadly, with the 2nd unit of Defenders, Ive hit bottom of the barrel from my big bag 'o' Guardians, so adding more of them is out. By cutting 1 of those Walkers I could end up with 2 bare-bones Prisms so...

Thanks!
    -Hatebreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

I'd put eldrad in if I were going for fluff. Although 2 doomseers will be very useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had considered Eldrad but thats not really the feel Im going for...I see this list as more of a probing expeditionary force coming ahead of the main force. I just dont see Eldrad putting himself at risk unnecessarily for something like that.

Heres the scenario: Craftworld Ulthwe has sent their expedition down to a suspected site of chaos influence, only to find the Sisters Of Battle already there, having mopped up a chaos cult.
    The Sisters force is reduced in size due to having suffered a few losses in the previous battle, so the forces are nearly equal when Ulthwe shows up.
    Even Seers make mistakes sometimes...
    -Hatebreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

They've never admitted to a mistake. What would they have made a mistake about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the Sisters being there before they could get there, of course. Then again, the Sisters do have means of creating a psychic interference, so the future could have been slightly shrouded in that instance.
    And yeah, the Seers have never admitted to any mistakes. That doesnt mean it hasnt happened lol. You think they would share that kind of thing with just anyone?
    -Hatebreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I liked the idea of a guided squad of three warwalkers. Perhaps get that back into the list? A wraithlord could fit in nicely, as could a couple of vypers. You could also drop in a support weapon battery, some D-cannons might work as most sisters are short range so it may be a few rounds of shooting, it would surely be fluffy.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah swap a Doomseer for Eldrad, I didn't know you'd be under that much. He can Guide your important units, ride with any squad or hang back with the Guardians to direct fire.

That's a really good list by the way.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast