1500pt Tourney Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Tourney Army

HQ
    Dracon
    Agonizer, Splinter Pistol, Hellmask, Combat Drugs, 3 Incubi, 2 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannons

Archon
    Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Animus Vitae

ELITES
    6 Grotesques
    In a Raider

TROOPS
    10 Warriors
    Warrior w/ Spinter Cannon Sybarite with Agonizer In a Raider

10 Warriors
    As Above

10 Warriors
    As Above + Shredder

FAST ATTACK
    5 Reaver Jetbikes
    Succubus w/ Power Weapon

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Ravager
    3 Disintigrators

Ravager
    3 Disintigrators

Talos

TOTAL = 1505

Any suggestions? :) Constructive Criticism would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Anum Gara; November 24th, 2009 at 21:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone? I could do with aid! :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your dracon and retinue should be in a raider. I believe the retinue needs to have at least 5 incubi in it, even if you are mixing.
    Also, with the walking HQ and Talos you are detracting from one of DE's greatest assests: its ability to bear the full strength of the army anywhere on the battle field.

I would caution against using jetbikes and especially grotesques. Neither have performed well for me, and grotesques are especially difficult to use well.

On to some of the good things. The ravager set up is good, and warriors are pretty good. You may want to consider giving them blasters instead of shredders to help with tank killing if need be and save on points.

My suggestion would be to drop the grotesques and the talos. With those points, get your incubi up to 5 and give them a raider. Replace shredders with blasters on the warriors, and use the remaining points to add a third ravager with dark lances.

Hopefully some of the more experienced guys will share some suggestions as well, but this should at least get you started and thinking of new ideas.
    Last edited by dwalker18; November 24th, 2009 at 23:28. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Anum Gara View Post
    HQ
    Dracon
    Agonizer, Splinter Pistol, Hellmask, Combat Drugs, 3 Incubi, 2 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannons

Archon
    Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Animus Vitae [SIZE=1]
    Seems fairly standard although I'm not particularly fond of mixed retinues (that's more a personal preference). However, it is basically required that the HQs have a raider to ride in (either from their own retinue or by joining a unit that has one). As it is, they're just big targets that go down quickly to weapons fire.

ELITES
    6 Grotesques
    In a Raider
    I'm assuming you are putting the Archon with this unit. I'd advice against it. The problem is that grotesques are a liability in close combat for a number of reasons: First of all, the winner of combat is determined by the number of casualties/wounds inflicted. Since grotesques don't have an armor save, that makes them a liability rather then an asset (especially since they are too slow to get their hits in first). Your Archon is a melee powerhouse but it's still only one model and the grotesques will likely drag him down. Secondly, the grotesques "Terrifying opponent" ability is more of a liability then an asset. Generally speaking when you charge an enemy, you WANT the enemy to make their leadership test. That way they get taken down in your opponents assault phase and thus are safe from shooting. Granted, Grotesques give some resistance to ranged weapons but all it would take is a single earthshaker or demolisher cannon shot to wipe out the entire unit.

I'd suggest taking a unit of wyches instead and attaching the archon (or possibly an archite) to them instead.

TROOPS
    10 Warriors
    Warrior w/ Spinter Cannon Sybarite with Agonizer In a Raider [SIZE=1]
    10 Warriors
    As Above
    10 Warriors
    As Above + Shredder
    Seems pretty standard although, personally, I'm not a fan of assault warriors or shredders. I'd try to squeeze in a 4th troop choice though for redundancy for objective missions.

FAST ATTACK
    5 Reaver Jetbikes
    Succubus w/ Power Weapon [SIZE=1]
    Reavers are fun but they are just... meh. IMO. If you are going to go with them, make sure to give them a set of Blasters for some highly mobile tank hunting ability. Also, go with an agonizer instead of a Power Weapon.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Ravager
    3 Disintigrators
    Ravager
    3 Disintigrators
    Talos
    Ravagers identical to what I generally run but the Talos.... The Talos is a very odd unit. It SHOULD be a lot better then it is but it isn't. It's gun is too quirky to be useful most of the time, it'll generally die against a basic marine unit with a power fist (unless you roll REALLY well), and it's slow. Although a fun unit, I generally don't run a Talos in a serious list since they (ironically) die too easily.

From my count the list has 52 wounds, 6 vehicle, 15 kill points, and 4 Dark lances. Hmm... The kill points total seems a tad high for that points total and the Dark Lances way too low. As it stands now, this list would have quite a hard time against vehicle heavy lists. So unless you are expecting a LOT of green tide lists, You'll likely have problems.
    Last edited by Toloran; November 25th, 2009 at 02:42.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to both of you
    The way I'm playing the Archon at the moment is with the Grotesques; disembark from the raider, detatch from the unit then use the 12" assault move drug to speed into combat. The Grotesquesa re basically there just to be a shield, although I can see why you guys hate them.
    Admitedly I do have a soft spot for the Talos, and I loath Wyches lol :p I admit I need another Raider, maybe I'll drop the Grotesques for one and use the spare points to better equip my Warriors/Raiders/Ravagers/Jetbikes.
    At my local there are a rather large amount of Nids and especially, Orks. I did try to balance the list by keeping Lances on the Raiders but yeah it is predominantly anti-swarm. I can say that the Jetbikes have proven their worth to me many times over, they're good at outflanking formations and picking off expensive units such as Zoanthropes, small mobs of Nobz, Biovores, Lootaz, Devastators etc.....
    Thanks again for you advice guys, I'll certainly take it onboard and (Money permitting) I'll remake the list to your specifications

+ Reply to Thread