2k Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Orks

Hey all, my first post, long time reader. Lookin at a mobile list to give some friends around here a run for their money. Needs to be good against all armies, friends run Marines, IG, Necros, Demons and Eldar, so I could end up facing any of those.

Ghaz
    5 mega nobz
    3x combi scorcha
    Trukk 475

Mek w/ KFF, Burna, Boss Pole, 'Evy Armor
    Nobz x7, 3x PK, 3x Big Choppa, Boss Pole, Waaagh Banner, 7x Eavy Armor, 3x Combi Scorcha
    Painboy
    Trukk 505

Kommandos x10, 2 burnas
    Snikrot 215

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Rokkit Buggy x2 70

Rokkit Buggy x2 70

Skorcha Buggy x2 80

Total: 1999

Thoughts? Comments? All feed back is welcome!

Last edited by MekGutWrencha; November 16th, 2009 at 22:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you are investing alot in the 6" Waagh, mb you can save some points and drop combi-scorchas from meganobs as they are unlikely to shoot anyway as they will be running.

Add 1 missing boy to each of your trukks

I would try to find points to switch evy armour to cybork bodies for nobs. Perhaps drop big choppas. You should have enough gear to make them all different anyway.

At least one of the trukks could use a reinforced ram. Sometimes you will want to go over difficuly terrain. And 3% probability instead of 18% to fail the test is worth the 5 points.

Consider grenades on nobs.

Hope this helps.
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MekGutWrencha View Post
    Ghaz
    5 mega nobz
    3x combi scorcha
    Trukk 475

That's a REALLY expensive unit. Ghaz isn't o good in Mech, he's best with an all foot army. I'd just grab 2 Meks and drop this unit.

Mek w/ KFF, Burna, Boss Pole, 'Evy Armor
    Nobz x7, 3x PK, 3x Big Choppa, Boss Pole, Waaagh Banner, 7x Eavy Armor, 3x Combi Scorcha
    Painboy
    Trukk 505

Drop the Bosspole because his unit has one and he doesn't need one. One super Nob unit is plenty, so keep one or the other. They would be better with Cyborks over Eavy Armor and porbably only need 1 Scorcha.

Kommandos x10, 2 burnas
    Snikrot 215

Not a bad unit but this army needs Lootas and fast. At least 2 units of 9, I'd do 3 of 9-10 in 2000 points. They're your best unit period and they really hurt armor which is what the games all about now.

I'd drop this unit for Lootas personally.

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Boyz x10
    Nob w/ PK, Boss pole
    Trukk 146

Bump these all up to 11 Boyz and a Nob.

Rokkit Buggy x2 70

Rokkit Buggy x2 70

Skorcha Buggy x2 80

Switch the Skorcha Buggy to a Rokkit Buggy. All those and the Lootas should give you the anti-MC and armor you need. Buggies by themselves are to fragile to rely on.
    Drop Ghaz, one Nob unit of hate and Snikrots guys. Buy tons of Lootas and maybe a second Mek to spread the cover to every vehicle, even Buggies. That'd be a very strong army.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feed back! Going to tune the list a bit tonight (at the office now, no 'dex or A and I'll toss up the updated one.

+ Reply to Thread