how about this 1000 point list... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

how about this 1000 point list...

comments and improvements would be much appreciated.

1 farseer 83
    -singing spear

6 striking scorpions 143
    -exarch w/ scorpions claw

10 dire avengers 252
    -exarch w/ dual cats
    -wave serpent w/ t-l shuriken cannons

5 pathfinders 120

10 dire avengers 247
    -exarch w/ power sword + shimmer shield
    -waveserpent w/ t-l eml

5 warp spiders 152
    -exarch w/ powerblades +dual deathspinner

2. Remove Advertisements

Wisconsin/Minnesota, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

You're missing out on anti-tank pretty heavily, you'll need something to actually take down enemy vehicles. I'd find a way to shove in an EML on your other waveserpent.

The shimmershield/powersword on your Avenger exarch are a bit iffy if you ask me. That is a unit that you never want to be in close combat. On the other hand Invlun saves all around could make them survive a few rounds to tie up a really nasty unit you don't want getting into other parts of your force.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Gilbert, AZ
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I'd drop your Scorpions and your Spiders for a mounted Fire Dragon unit. Right now you have two vehicles, which most people expect in 1000. 3 would really strain their anti-tank combined with AV12 and the Energy Field rule.

Give each Serpent Stones and an EML, or a Scatter Laser if you can't afford EMLs. Bright Lances are over-rated, Fire Dragons, EMLs and Spears will bust any armor you'll fight, especially with your speed.

Drop the Shield+PwrSwrd for 2x Catapults, the're a shooting unit now a fighting unit. Anything they charge to mop up will be killed without anything special for CC. Otherwise, don't charge.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread