Help With New Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help With New Army

Ey everyone,
    As I am getting sick of CSM I am now starting to collect Dark Eldar, but I don't know where to start. I am just wondering how I should start building a Dark Eldar list, to the value of 1000points.
    Any advice would be much appreciated,
    Verboz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

well what drew you to dark eldar? if you have some untis you like then we cans tart around that. post a list in the army list section and people will comment.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:
    well what drew you to dark eldar? if you have some untis you like then we cans tart around that. post a list in the army list section and people will comment.
    thanks
    antique_nova

The thing that I liked about Dark Eldar is that they are very agile, and fast, and can strike quickly. So an army that would be fast and effective, would be nice.

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I would start with the meat and potatoes. Troops. There are two ways you can go. You can spam warriors with things like blasters Splinter cannons. You can also go the way of the wych and take a wych lord and make an all wych army. I would say that one of those two paths would make for a good jumping board.

Warp Web Portal or Raiders. You want to be fast? both options will help you accomplish that. I would say that Raiders are the way to go and even if you do use WWP you will still want to take some raiders.

When building up Warriors, you will most likely want to build a bunch of Splinter Cannons as they are good to have. Blastersand shredder will prove to be a problem as you can't even by them from GW any more. Some converting or the use of proxies will have to be done...or buying them used on ebay.

a ravager or two will come in handy as it makes for an awesome and cheap weapons platform.

Everything else is kinda ....meh...there are some unit that I like but will not do great things. I personally like warp beasts where others do not. I find reavers to be a bit expensive and only have a use if you are going to make a tank hunt suicide squad... aka...two blasters and thats it.

grots are cool but I don't see them doing much short of eating it in CC. There was a recent post someone made about spaming grots with Haemis and it sounds like a lot of fun a, but is is a major commitment

hope that helps.

cheers,
    ZMB.

+ Reply to Thread